October 23, 2014 | 1228 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 5:00:00 AM More reviews by nnana

The first blush I got from EDM was girl's day, which made my face shine like a disco ball because of the gold sparkles. During subsequent purchases with them, i made smarter blush colour choices and now, I say I totally LOVE their blushes. I've tried Plum Dust, Email me and Chit Chat & all of those shades worked well on my golden/light-tanned (I'm Asian) skin. Now i'm awaiting the next round of orders from EDM. I've ordered All Smiles after reading all the raves in my local beauty forum. Can't wait!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Iamblondedotcom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

They're blushes are alright. Some of them have mega pigment, you only need a tiny, tiny bit. So when I bought the large size it was ridiculously too much...I could never use it up in a life time. The colors always seem "off" for instance, I have pinkish skin tones and I always end up with orangey/brick red colored stuff. The large is too large, the small sizes are too small to be able to swirl onto your brush...there should be some sort of happy medium. I like Everyday minerals foundations (well if they didn't produce clogging zits) because of the natural ingredients and how it looks on the skin, but their colors for blushes and eyeshadows are not pretty. Some are too matte and too sheer. I like highlighters and shimmer and staying power. I'll skip their blushes and eye shadows. But on a budget, these aren't bad but there are better companies with better color matches and consistencies.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried and tried mineral products and time after time am left with a shiney face, large looking pores and makeup that doesnt last for more than a few hours with all my imperfections showing. I bought 5 blushes and they looked so pretty in the pots, but on me they looked streaky. No matter how I blended, how I applied, primer or not primer, setting powder or none...I couldnt get these to work. Love the blushes but mineral makeup doesnt seem to work for me. I still think its a great idea and probably healthier if you can wear mineral blush and it works for you. Im still happier with my Mark blush in Cameo Glo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by wph

I have the following EM blush: Theme Park (shimmer pink), Corner Office (shimmer rose), New Car Smell (got it for free, very nude coral, won't show up in darker-than-fair skin), Weekend Getaway (nude peach, matte, doesn't show up in my NC30 skin). I especially like the ones with shimmer, so that I can skip highlighter on the cheek altogether. That being said, I still regard EM blushes as my favorites! It's blendable, buildable, pigmented, and just pretty!. I applied using 187 brush, and it gives a very natural look. The sample size is enough for me to last for 2 months, and there's still plenty in the small jar. Definitely will buy more EM blushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by scridsrolls

*make your own tinted lipbalm with these!!*

These blushes are beautiful and highly pigmented, and you have so many choices. Whether you have these in the full size or sample sizes, I have a fun idea for an alternate way to use these beautiful powders....

If you're like me and you ordered several sample kits to get matched up, you had fun and experimented with some of the blush colors. Several of the blush colors can be used as eye colors..."hoodie" is a great example of a deep, golden brown. The blush colors also look FABULOUS as lip colors. Here's what I did....

I used a tube of chapstick, the kind in the blue packaging labeled "moisturizing," it has a nice mellow, vanilla scent. You could use your favorite lip balm; ones with mostly beeswax in them work really well. I twisted up the chapstick, broke it off, and placed it in a heavy saucepan on very low heat and added a dribble of jojoba oil or castor oil, enough to make the chapstick more emollient. (Castor oil can be easily obtained in the "laxative" section of walmart or drugstores; very cheap. It's used a LOT in cosmetics, don't worry.) I happen to be an avid baker, so I had peppermint oil on hand...you can get this from craft sections of stores, or at Michaels (be sure it use OIL and not extract.) You can also use candy flavorings, also found at craft stores. I added a drop of this for fragrance and appeal. Once it melted I then added about half of the tub of one of the little sample blushes that was a bit too deep for my cheeks, but would look LOVELY as a lip color..."cookie sheet," a purply, plummy, deep pink. It takes very little time for the chapstick to melt into a clear liquid, and then I sprinkled in the pigment, and stirred it up. (note: be sure to add plenty of pigment, as adding it to oils tends to dilute its potency. if it doesn't turn out quite right, you can always remelt it and add more!) You can either pour this back into the chapstick tube (just be sure to twist the dispenser back down to the bottom) or place it in a clean, empty, EDM sample jar, with the sifter top removed. This makes smooth, pigmented, WONDERFUL tinted lip balm...can pass for lipstick if you add even more of the powdered blush. You can use any kind of pigment powder, as long as it's colored mainly with iron oxides, not FDC colorings or just micas...or the color really just will not show up. The more iron oxides in the powder the more pigmented your product will be. I love it!! If you like being creative, and want to use some of those samples that might not work on your face but would on your lips, try this fun experiment.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Heathcliff79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is pigmented. I have two full sized blushes, in Apple and Weekend Getaway. They look beautiful in their jars, but when I swatched them on my arm, Gah! They turned orange. I thought: there's no way I can wear this. I tried them on my face anyway... and what can I say? They're really really pretty! Weekend Getaway is a muted peachy-pink on my face and Apple is a bright rosy pink.

You get a lot for your money, and a little goes a long long way. But I have to say, EDM has probably the worst packaging I have come across for mineral makeup. When I received my package, everything was coated in a fine pink dust. I thought: What the.... and then when I opened the containers, our sprayed a lovely fine pink mist over everything. I hadn't even opened the sifter seal yet, at that point. I'm about to transfer them into different sifter jars... The environmentalist me weeps, but it's just too hard to use without getting it everywhere....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by moltobello80

This is my absolute favorite blush! Ive tried so many in the past that either had no staying power or just didn't blend well. A few nights ago I went out to dinner with a friend at about 7pm and hadn't touched up my makeup at all throughout the day (had applied it early that morning before work). At dinner she told me how wonderful my face looked and how much she loved my makeup. She thought that I had just applied the makeup before meeting her! This is a wonderful brand! The color I use is Email Me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by bpool

I love everyday minerals! The thing I love about their blushes is their staying power. By the end of the day my blush is still on my cheeks! They have beautiful colors and I cant say enough good things about this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by ruthsilver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love their assortment of blushes and the mixture you can create using their bowls. My only gripe is the websites colors aren't always an exact match to what you get when you order the product. Though that's true for most products online. The description gives a more accurate depiction. I have to admit the color All Smiles looks to orange and bright on me. Weekend Getaway looks great and mixing All Smiles or using a finishing powder to tone the color down helps.

The cost is a great bargain and my suggestion is try their color in their sample set that's free. Then when you're ready to purchase by a custom set as the prices are an incredible bargain! That's what I always do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by melocoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of an addiction to these blushes. I currently own nine and love all of them.
They are just ridiculously cheap and amazing quality.
The colours are flattering and blend in really well. I use these as often as I use my much loved Nars blushes.
They make some gorgeous peaches such as All Smiles, Corner Office and Back to School.