November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Liquid - Almay - Nearly Naked LIQUID foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I have this color in 140 buff and it matches my fair warm undertone very well. Its very light for days you do not need much coverage. I would say that this is more like the consistency of a tinted moisteriser but without the moisturizing properties. Dont get this if you need a lot of coverage. Do get it if you like to minimize the look of freckles or small imperfections. I like it as its very little work to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't often finish a bottle of foundation(I usually find a new one to use before the old one is done) but I am on my 3rd bottle of this one. I use the Naked shade though it is just a bit too dark for my fair skin. However, the coverage is very light so it is not noticeable.

If you are looking for a medium to full coverage foundation, this is not for you, hence the name "Nearly Naked". I find though that it evens out my skintone and leaves a nice light dewy feel that is not greasy. If i have red spot i want to cover, i just dip a fine tipped concealer brush into the foundation and lightly dab it on the spot and it covers it just fine.

I really dislike the bottle application though as it is tough to get every last drop and a little bit messy. A pump or squeeze tube would be much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by teedums

Meh...I saw this at Walmart and thought I would give it a try, I am always picking up new foundations hopeful that I will find "the one". This didn't quite work for me, not enough coverage for one, plus I didn't care for the "dewy" feel on my face. It does have SPF which is a plus. I will use it up though, I can actually use it in conjunction with another foundation so it won't go to waste. But I won't buy this again, the search continues....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by selashv1

I have to say that this is THE best foundation for my under eye area. I hardly have any fine lines to begin with but with any other make up I have tried, they creeped into the tiny lines that were invisble before and made me look ten times older EXCEPT THIS ONE (I had tried Clinique's smoothing concealer as well as others I tried at Sephora). Not only that, but I have a dry patch of eczema under my left eye (that refuses to go away) and this is the only make up that will not irritate it (it may even soothe it) and it will not patch onto the dry skin to make it look very obvious. The coverage is not stupendous, but it does the job to reduce dark circles, and it does last reasonably well. For the rest of my face, I prefer Revlon colorstay for the better coverage and remarkable staying power, but even that one creeps into my lines under my eyes. That's why I stick with the Almay for that area.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by bananachips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this; I feel like it's a good product but just wasn't a good match for me.

Pros - True to it's name, natural-looking and light.

Cons - not enough coverage for me.
My face was oily shortly after applying (I don't have super oily skin).
It was also difficult to spread when applying (too dry?). Didn't do much for the texture of my skin - made my pores look large and my face shiny compared to other liquid foundations I've used. This might be better for those who don't need a lot of coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Erica2244

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation didn't provide enough coverage for me and I have to retouch in the middle of the day. It's probably good if you only need light coverage. I do like that it didn't smell bad and it was a nice texture, but I need something with a little more coverage so I will keep looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by VNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Walgreen's for $12. I purchased the lightest shade 120 Ivory. When I got it home, I immediately tried it on. And WOW! It totally matched me perfectly! The liquid formula is creamy and smooth. It just blends away effortlessly to beautiful skin! A couple of hours later (I had been cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry), I went and checked how it was wearing. To my surprise, it still looked perfect, just beautiful skin! The best thing about it is: it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, it looks like you have beautiful healthy skin!
I love this foundation! I have finally found a drugstore foundation that works for my skin type and tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by nurselissy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works well on my skin. I have sensitive skin and I am prone to breakouts. The consistency is not to thick and blends well. It contains SPF 15 properties which is always a bonus. It provides a light to medium coverage. Its staying power is good. I only find that when I sweat, the make up tends to fall or wipe off. I have normal skin and it does not dry my face and it does not turn me into a grease ball. The product comes in a glass container with no pump so this may pose as unsanitary to some people. I just use a spatula to get the product from the bottle. The price is good. For $15, thats about half the price of MAC's foundation. The only downside is the limitation of colours. I find that I can only wear this foundation in winter. I use tan in the winter which is the darkest colour of the line.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by BlackBirdFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm kinda torn on this product. I love everything about it except that immediately after application it makes my face look incredibly shiny. It's not a dewy look, it's just shiny like my face is covered in oil. I still gave it a three because everything else about it, the color, the feel on my skin, etc., was very nice but I won't use it due to the shiny appearance. I actually use it as a highlight for my cheek bones. When used it such moderation just on the cheeks it does give my face a nice, dewy look. I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Light-medium coverage, good color selection, didn't break me out. My only problem with this is it made my skin get oily within a couple hours and it didn't last all day (I hate touching up). Overall, a good foundation for the money.