December 21, 2014 | 1586 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Being a makeup junkie, I own hundreds of eyeshadows ranging from Wet N Wild to MAC, Dior, Guerlain, you name it. Ricepaper is one of the only eyeshadows I have ever hit pan on and reordered, so that says a lot! On my Asian NC35ish skin, Ricepaper is a shimmery, buttery golden champagne color that is the perfect highlight for the inner corners of my eyes. Because of its coloring, it perfectly complements almost any eye look I'm doing so it's very versatile. It doesn't lean too warm or too cool, though it leans more towards the warm spectrum. Its texture is as smooth and buttery as the color itself. I will to repurchase this for as long as MAC keeps making it (hopefully forever)!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAffair89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think Ricepaper is definitely one of those must-have shadows, simply because of how versatile and universally flattering it is. It's a nice yellowed-out cream colour with a hint of a sheen to it. Don't let the "Frost" title throw you from buying it, because I find that none of the Frost eye shadows give you an overdone frosty affect. I'm a very pale complexion, and I can use this as both a lid and highlighting shadow. Some days if I'm feeling especially lazy I'll apply this colour from my lids to my browbones and on my inner corners as well. The sheen in the product makes it so each part of your eye hits the light in a certain way, making it look like you really spent a lot of time picking out several eyeshadows. My only beef with this product is the fact that it is so unbelievably sheer. If you don't have a good primer AND base, this will not show up for anything really, which is disappointing because a lot of the frosts have great pigmentation, but this colour is so light anyways that it doesn't. The texture of it is incredibly soft and creamy, and easily blended. I guess the beauty of it being so sheer, though, is that you can never overdo it. I do highly recommend everyone getting this eyeshadow, because it's not only a great beginner's eyeshadow, but it is also a shadow that I feel could be come a staple to the seasoned makeup junkie's lazy day. I highly recommend the frosts in general, they're definitely the softest in my opinion. Give Ricepaper a try! I think you'll really enjoy the versatility of it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by ferisita

I have had this eyeshadow for a year...and i started to hit pan...i think this is a BEAUTIFUL color...as everybody has said it kind of a buttery frost color, but it is not as frost as other eyeshadows....the texture is amazing and it glides on like heaven...I think it is a perfect all over the lid color, or for highlighting. With satin taupe looks beautiful, mulch or any other taupe, brown, greyish, charcoal, black eyeshadow...

I agree that you should test it before buying this or anyother product...if something doesn't work for you because of the color or texture and you had the chance to try it t's not the fault of the eyeshadow...you shoulf inform yourself before buying something, especially if it is expensive!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am NW20 with dark brown eyes and hair, and I have discoloration on my eyelids. This eyeshadow is great for me when I want some highlighting but I don't want it to be obvious. It kind of disappears on my NW20 skin but leaves a glow. If you aren't big on obvious eyeshadows like me, this is great for you. Great to apply all over the eyelid, crease and the brow area before eyeliner if you want to go for the eyeliner&bold lips kind of look. That's what I use it for most of the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by daniyell21

A slightly gold white colour which is very light and is normally used for the brow bone. Overall, I feel it can be a little sheer and does not suit me as an all over the lid colour. However, when paired with other colours it is perfect for giving a slight colour without dominating the look. It is beautiful as a brow highlight and an inner corner highlight. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again would be to try another colour like this, e.g. Brule. Ricepaper is very popular and worth looking at!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Takota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeshadow. Its a very pretty colour, kinda unusuall. At the beginning I was like "this is such an ordinary colour!", But now I love it. Its yellow,golden and beige mixed together.
Another thing I like about this eyeshadow is that its not too shimmery,it has just-right glow.
Its a bit too dark for my NW15 to use as highlighter under my brow, but it works really well in the inner corner or all over the lid.
Another eyeshadow I love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Ricepaper is a frosted champagne with a yellow/golden tone. This is the only highlight that really works well on my medium skintone. Others look too white & are too noticeable. But the lightest touch of this on my brow bone looks great. I also like using this as an all over lid color, and then applying a brown in my crease for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by kimchichick

When you swatch Ricepaper onto your fingertip, you will see buttery goldish yellow cream colour. Once you rub that onto the back of your hand (or your lids), it turns into this brighter yellow-white sheen and loses that goldish yellow undertone. I guess if you're fair you will notice the yellow more, but for medium to dark skin tones, it will look white with the tiniest hint of yellow, which you won't notice.
Ricepaper leaves a sheen, rather than shimmer or frost, so it works great for a highlight. It's a wearable colour for pretty much anyone and has great smooth texture, so I can see why so many people love this. I will not repurchase however because I was looking for that initial colour I get on my fingertip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am trying to switch to Bobbi Brown makeup but I doubt that Ill ever switch to her shadows. I love Ricepaper, to me, looking it in its pan, it really does look like it is easy to dupe, but why in earth I have never able to find another perfect nude shade like this? It has just enough glow to keep it from looking dull, yet it is not too frosty to make one look too madeup and it has the most amazing pigment. It really brightens my pale eye skin NW 15 or 20 really well. I have tried the creme of the creme shadows by brands like Shu Uemura, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Nars, Chanel and Dior, and cheap ones but I have never came across something quite as exceptionel as this shade. I like this better than Jest too even though I used to think Jest is the best for nude look, but it is really a little bit more frosty than Ricepaper. In my opinion, MAC has the best shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by elizabeth2279

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use Ricepaper mainly as a highlighter in the inner V. As a lid color it just makes me look sickly! But for what I use it for, it does a wonderful job at bringing that extra little pop to my eyes. Even though I use it almost every day, I can't imagine running out anytime soon. And even if I did, I have other shades which are quite similar, so no, I probably will not re-purchase. Also, this one seems to be quite dupable if you're just using it as a highlighter as I am.