July 31, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ragazza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Walmart thinking it's Almay, it should be decent. Well, let's just say I'm sorry I didn't read the reviews on MUA prior to making my purchase. This should win the medal for the worst eye makeup remover in the world. My makeup barely budges when I use this. My mascara cakes and smears and barely comes off. It is oily and just terrible overall. Just like the other reviewer, I threw out the bottle after just one use, it was pratically full. If they were giving this product away for free, I'd laugh in their face. Don't buy this !!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by xmizlynnax

This is the worst eye makeup remover I have ever tried to this day. usually i do not waste anything if I don't like it, I stick it out or give it away or swap. but this was so terrible I threw it out full. I used it to remove my eye makeup (used a cotton ball) and it left my eye area so oily and disgusting. I had to keep wiping to get the gross oily residue off. I also broke out on my eyelid area with 2-3 zits the next day! It was terrible, because I never break out there. Please stay away from this product if you can.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by johbanana

I thought that this product does what it says. It moisturizes, i agree it is oily but it removes my mascara and eyeliner really well without any irritation to my extreme sensitive eyes. I think this product works better for me compared to Neutrogena eye makeup remover. Maybe because the last time i used Neutrogena i developed a stye.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by addikt

My eyes did feel more moisturized after using this and it did take off all my mascara with ease. However, it smears my eye makeup a LOT. Its just too much work to get all the makeup off. I won't buy this again. I want an eye makeup remover that works better than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Coconutty565

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hate this eye makeup remover liquid. Its awful. It leaves my eyelids super oily, I woke up with very puffy eyes the next day. However, my under eye and eyelids did feel softer. Aside that, does it remove the makeup? Hardly!! The oil just smears it around and did not take off my mascara. When I washed my eyes the mascara still leaked from my lashes and barely took it off! The other almay liquid one in purple bottle is better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff really smears the makeup, stings if it gets in your eyes, and leaves behind a super oily residue that's hard to wash off. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by WenChriste

I bought this at Wal-Mart for $5.58. Comes in a nice plastic bottle- 4 fl oz.. That will last me quite a while.
I remove my eye makeup with a cotton ball. At first this product seemed way too oily but it actually sinks into your skin fairly quickly, provides it with a nice sheen and gives it the moisture you expect. Nice product and does the job well. Its well worth the $6.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by scorpiobelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gets in eyes making everything blurry, stings, SUPER greasy, doesn't remove eye makeup. Wow. No wonder is was buy one, get TWO free! This stuff sucks, and though I feel bad just tossing it, I can't think of anyone I dislike enough to give it to- lol! Stick with the Lancome or El Makeup remover...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does get eye makeup and mascara off, however I prefer baby wipes. Sometimes it can sting eyes, and I hate how OILY it is, but other than that it does its ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by belle_30x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like this product and will never buy it again. It made my eyes greasy, even after I washed the stuff off. I love the oil free version of this makeup remover, however.

**Edit. I didn't understand that this was greasy for a reason. I'm glad I didn't throw it away, because I used it to remove makeup that was put on by a pro for photography and I don't know how I would have scrubbed it off without this stuff. Worked great, but really not for every day use. That is, unless you wear a lot of mascara and lots of lipstick daily.

Still would be nice not to have to tug at the eyelashes to get the mascara off, so I gave it a 4.