September 17, 2014 | 1600 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this primer! I got it in the Ulta "On in 5" set for $39, which included this, an eyeshadow trio, a full size lip gloss and mascara, and a cheek fusion pan. The set was a steal considering that one fullsized primer costs as much as the set. The primer is actually the only thing I'm using on a regular basis. I use this to prime my liquid foundation as well as my bare minerals foundation. I find that it's not greasy or makes me break out, and it glides on smoothly and fills in my pores (i dont have fine lines yet hehe). I also noticed that it helps keep my foundation and blush on for a much longer time than if I had worn my foundation on its own. After an 8 hour day at school running across the campus and stuff, my face makeup is nearly flawless. I love this, and will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by ninjaturtlered

After hearing such great reviews about this product, I decided to splurge and try it. It does help my foundation glide on smoother, but I can't say that it makes it last longer. Also, I have oily skin and this product makes it worse. My face becomes shiny in about 2 hours after application. I wouldn't recommend this product (especially to ladies with oily skin) as it is totally overpriced and mediocre.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Inge_vanB

I was not too impressed with this product, I was expecting a lot more from it. At first touch I thought it would work really well, nice and smooth and silky. It went on nicely, but when it came time to do my foundation a bit later it went on really streaky. Only serious blending and powder fixed it. Not sexy. By the end of the day, my face felt oily and my pores actually looked accentuated. I thought it might have just been me, but when I tried it on my sister while doing her makeup, same result. I didn't even use the whole bottle before I tossed it. I ended up getting some swiss brand primer from a company my mom sells makeup for. It worked waaaay better and was not as expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kanha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and probably should not have gotten this product so read this review with that in mind.
I don't know where it comes from, maybe the SPF, but this has a funky smell that I just don't like. As an experiment I primed one side of my face with this and other with BE's Prime Time.

I didn't like Smashbox.At all.

It made me really oily and the smell did not fade even by the end of the day. I had to blot A LOT.
Aside from the scent and the oiliness I didn't notice a difference between this and Prime Time.
Next time I might try Smashbox light version.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gives my faces a nice finish and my makeup looks a lot better. But this one also cause breakouts. This is their anti-wrinkle formula, it would be nice if they made a anti-breakout formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by JodiShaw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't give a noticable different right away. But, the first couple of days I used it people told me that I looked rested and fresh. I can also see a little difference when I look in the mirror. Other than that? I can't say too much........is there a magic bullet? I don't think so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a week and I am very pleased with the results. After I put on my makeup, my face has a smooth and perfect glow to it which I love!!! I have not experienced any breakouts and after I wash my face at night it seems to look better than before. Smoother and softer. I got this in the on-in-5 kit and I like most of the other products too. Love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 2:41:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup2

I got this as a swap. I thought it would work for me because I have the color correcting smashbox primer and I like it. But, this did not work out too well. It doesn't really seem to prime at all. My makeup looked kinda bad after a few hours. But, it's nice that there is SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jennmiles04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I researched this one before buying....found good reviews....big mistake. First off came in a pump which got clogged. 2nd it made me break out very badly 3rd just did not do what it was suppose to do. Used cheaper primers that worked much better. Never will use again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by lexymiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The texture of this product is nice and silky so it should work. But it made my skin burn!!! For the reference, I have sensitive, dry, redness prone skin. Obviously, will not repurchase.