August 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by peaceandsmiley1

well first of all ill start with the pros. it is soooo cheap!! it was only $3 at target!! i also really like the packaging. it was also somewhat good for my lashes. it looked very natural which was the look i was going for. now the cons. i could not get this off!! i have tried everything!! it just wont come off. and when i do try to get it off my eyelashes will come out :(. today i am going to get new mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

This is some kind of wonderful... My current favourite! First off, I've got long, thin and straight lashes that can barely hold a curl with most mascaras. This surprised me as it curled my lashes even without using an eyelash curler beforehand, volumizes without leaving clumps (even after two coats! Amazing!) and is also very dark. I have to admit though, it doesn't produce the dramatic, false lash effect, but I like it natural since I go to school in the day and don't need to be overly made up.
Also, the waterproof formula is nothing short of AMAZING... I have very watery eyes that can make my mascaras/eyeliners run, which in turn makes my eyes irritated, but I haven't had any problems with this.
Overall, I would say that this is an amazing mascara, and cheap too. I'll keep repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this mascara was a disappointment. I bought this at walmart on sale for i think $3.50 recently. I was instantly attracted to it cos i remember using ths in high school. The formula is quite dry and it takes a lot of coats to even make my eyelashes look close to being thick. Not comparable to maybelline's the falsies or colossal (which are my faves).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. The positives are that it holds a curl magnificently, has a little wand that allows you to coat every single lash without having to worry about smudging your face, allows great definition due to the fact that it does not clump your lashes, and in my opinion, adds the perfect amount of volume and length. My favorite color is Very Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 6:30:00 AM More reviews by syf2103

I have been using this for years and am still happy with it.
It is an amazing mascara, and everyone asks me which brand I use when I have it on.

Affordable, not clumpy, just great.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

They call this waterproof? On the plus side, I love the little wand -- great for detailed application. The texture is natural and lovely. But it doesn't stay on as well as even a standard (i.e., non-waterproof) mascara! It smudges and runs just like any other mascara. I can see why people love Great Lash -- again, this stuff has a great texture and wand -- but skip the waterproof kind and go for the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by belladonna42

I don't know what everyone's talking about when they say they don't like this mascara. Great Lash is fantastic because it's really simple, and great for just having a basic thing for your lashes. The brush is big enough to be convenient but small enough so that it doesn't get mascara on your eyelid (Ahem, CoverGirl LashBlast). Also, it's one of the few that doesn't have tar in it. I have both the washable and the waterproof and they work great for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this yesterday and it has just arrived! I bought it AFTER reading the reviews on here, as all the cons on here about it were exactly what I wanted it for! I usually use Max factor Fusion / False Lash Effect for mega lashes and wanted something basic and VERY waterproof for my holiday to Spain in a week. This, so far, is the ONLY mascara that has well and truely held my curl, is nice and thin for a VERY natural look but with nicely natural defined eyes. I mean, who wants to have their eyelashes coated in tonnes of masacra in hot, humid weather?! I love it already!!!! I will be a fan of this mascara alongside my MF ones!!!!
People genuinely should NOT buy this if they want long, voluminous lashes, this is a HG basic mascara!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara after reading the reviews...I had to find a replacement for my favorite Max Factor 2000 calorie which was discontinued. Its not bad....It works..It takes a while to build up enough product on your lashes...but it definitely keeps them separated and is definitely not clumpy at all.
I always use waterproof mascaras as I cannot deal with smudging, since i wear a lot of lotions. This definitely smudges a little, but not as bad as many other mascaras out there. Doesn't flake either.
Overall, its a solid choice for mascara, but its not HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product isn't anything special but it does the job for me!
I use waterproof mascara for my bottom lashes only and this works like a charm! It doesn't move throughout the day, it doesn't flake.
I don't feel like my lower lashes need any volumizing or lengthening, so this is a really good product for what I use it for!