April 21, 2014 | 1214 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by betteefelon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

They call this waterproof? On the plus side, I love the little wand -- great for detailed application. The texture is natural and lovely. But it doesn't stay on as well as even a standard (i.e., non-waterproof) mascara! It smudges and runs just like any other mascara. I can see why people love Great Lash -- again, this stuff has a great texture and wand -- but skip the waterproof kind and go for the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by belladonna42

I don't know what everyone's talking about when they say they don't like this mascara. Great Lash is fantastic because it's really simple, and great for just having a basic thing for your lashes. The brush is big enough to be convenient but small enough so that it doesn't get mascara on your eyelid (Ahem, CoverGirl LashBlast). Also, it's one of the few that doesn't have tar in it. I have both the washable and the waterproof and they work great for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 4:12:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this yesterday and it has just arrived! I bought it AFTER reading the reviews on here, as all the cons on here about it were exactly what I wanted it for! I usually use Max factor Fusion / False Lash Effect for mega lashes and wanted something basic and VERY waterproof for my holiday to Spain in a week. This, so far, is the ONLY mascara that has well and truely held my curl, is nice and thin for a VERY natural look but with nicely natural defined eyes. I mean, who wants to have their eyelashes coated in tonnes of masacra in hot, humid weather?! I love it already!!!! I will be a fan of this mascara alongside my MF ones!!!!
People genuinely should NOT buy this if they want long, voluminous lashes, this is a HG basic mascara!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara after reading the reviews...I had to find a replacement for my favorite Max Factor 2000 calorie which was discontinued. Its not bad....It works..It takes a while to build up enough product on your lashes...but it definitely keeps them separated and is definitely not clumpy at all.
I always use waterproof mascaras as I cannot deal with smudging, since i wear a lot of lotions. This definitely smudges a little, but not as bad as many other mascaras out there. Doesn't flake either.
Overall, its a solid choice for mascara, but its not HG material for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product isn't anything special but it does the job for me!
I use waterproof mascara for my bottom lashes only and this works like a charm! It doesn't move throughout the day, it doesn't flake.
I don't feel like my lower lashes need any volumizing or lengthening, so this is a really good product for what I use it for!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by sushismiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Apparently, the Great Lash mascaras are a favourite of the fashion pack. However, I heard a rumour floating around the Internet that the non-waterproof version of this mascara causes an allergic reaction in a lot of people who claim to have no allergies whatsoever. But it still remains - according to the packaging - the number 1 mascara in the US, and I wanted a cheap mascara so badly, that in the end I went out and got this product.

And I'm glad I did! I'm not claiming that this mascara is a miracle worker or the best mascara I've ever come across, but for a drugstore, cheap brand, it's really good! The packaging looks pretty in your makeup bag and the wand has nice, sturdy bristles that sweep through your lashes, lengthening them without leaving any irritating black blobs or clumps. It's pretty waterproof - in the rain and by the beach - but it will smudge a little if you go dunking yourself in a swimming pool or something.

Overall, this is a mega-cheap mascara that works better than some big-name brands, and it now has a treasured place in my everyday makeup routine. I'd definitely buy this product again and recommend it to my friends looking for a good lengthening product with a mild ability to be water-resistant. However, I think l'll avoid the non-waterproof version!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Certainly works as a waterproof mascara for me! Does its job well. Gives a 'great length' but not much volume. Can smudge easily though and it is rather hard to get off, even with waterproof make-up remover. However, this is a good waterproof mascara that lives up to its name and provides long lashes for hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mizzjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep using this because it holds eyelash curls well. Otherwise, it doesn't really lengthen/volumize. I usually put this first to set my eyelash curl then use another mascara to thicken/lengthen my short & sparse lashes. It isn't really waterproof either. Overall, there must be better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really had a problem with the regular Great Lash mascara, but I'm convinced that I can find a better mascara. In the meantime I thought I'd try the waterproof formula. Ugh. What does it take to get this stuff off my lashes? It laughs at my regular (Neutrogena) eye makeup remover, and I've even used an olive oil makeup remover that couldn't get it all off. The search for a better mascara continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I used to be someone who could only buy high-end makeup brands. If it wasn't sold at Sephora I probably wouldn't try it. That being said, this mascara is obviously a classic and after running out of Lancome Hypnose I decided to give it a try.

The formula and staying power are amazing, the brush is perfect for my lashes (top AND bottom), and it doesn't clump even after having it for over 3 months. It can smudge if you don't apply it carefully to the bottom lashes, but I find it's the only mascara that makes my bottom lashes look amazing! I always and only use it with an eye curler so I can't speak for how it works on uncurled lashes. I'd say this gives you thicker lashes with a bit of volume but not extremely so.

I also a do a little modeling and make up artists seem to love this as well, and they used the same brush not a disposable one as they tend to do at times.

I wouldn't call it my HG yet as I've really only tried two mascaras, but I'm definitely keeping this as a makeup bag staple!