April 20, 2014 | 1702 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Smooth as Silk

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice shampoo which smelled good, did not overdry, and DID leave my hair smooth. And plastered to my scalp. I have wavy hair and almost NEVER have a problem with flat/volumeless hair. But I do after this shampoo/conditioner. shampoo is sulfate free but has a 'cone in it which is probably the suspect....I only use shampoo on my scalp and there is no reason to have 'cones there. May try the conditioner on its own again sometime since I think it is 'cone-free.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AnnieRocco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Just tried it today. Smells nice, not too overwhelming. Lathers much better than some organic shampoos ive tried. Effects not knows yet since its the first time i tried. will update again.

update: totally dried up my hair. i had a hair cut just before i started using this (to get rid of my split ends) but just after bout 10days of using this series(shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc), i now have a full head of split ends! unbelieveable! i wanted to remove ALL the lipies but it seems that i need to give a minimum 1 so there u are (the 1 lippie)

now im back to using the commercial shampoo and conditioner and wonder what to do with the remaining product...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sexytresses

HG shampoo! If they ever stop making this I'm doomed!! This stuff cleans my hair, without stripping it of moisture or color

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This seemed to work great at first but then felt like it was drying my hair out after a while and had to stop using it. It had great cleaning feeling but didn't do much for the frizzies. Another uber-fail for me! And it sucks because I am trying to find all organic hair products that actually work (but yes, I did eventually find some...yay!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Hannahrlinz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry and damaged hair that's naturally wavy and pretty thick. I wanted to get a product that was sulfate-free, so I used this shampoo and conditioner for the first time last night, and while doing so, I felt it made my hair super dry and not moisturized at all. However, this morning I noticed that my hair was SO shiny, bouncy, silky, etc. It's never like that! They both also smell like grapefruit, but it's not overpowering at all. It's very subtle. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

This is a nice sulfate-free shampoo. It's inexpensive and organic. It lathers nicely but I don't think it's necessary. It definitely helps in reducing frizz. I have thick, wavy, medium-textured hair. Will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After my favorite shampoo got discontinued, I was on a hunt for an effective (read: thoroughly cleansing) sulfate-free shampoo. I don't think I found it in this shampoo. The smell is nice. It gave inconsistent results in cleaning my hair. Some uses it seemed like it did a great job cleaning; other times not so much. Not sure why that is.
I think it's been reformulated, and I don't know if I have the old or new formulation. Why I say this is that on my bottle, there is no mention of amodimethicone and the texture is creamy. At the store, it appears to be of thinner substance and there is amodimethicone in it.
Since it was in a different store than where I bought mine, I can't be for sure which is older and which is newer. I'm going to assume mine is the older formulation (??). The a-cone isn't an issue with me, but it might be with you. So look at the ingredient list, if you're concerned.

I'm still on the hunt for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Starrguise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this for $1 at the local 'overstock' store and decided to give it a try, as I'm always stocking up on new hair products. I was instantly attracted to the grapefruit scent of the shampoo, but turned off by the shape of the bottle. (You can't turn it upside down.)

So, I've been using it for a few days paired with the Smooth as Silk conditioner. The shampoo itself gives a nice lather for a sulfate-free shampoo, but I immediately noticed that it was stripping the color out of my hair BADLY. I was also pulling several strands of my own hair off myself, not cool.

It does make my hair feel a tiny bit softer, but I've had better results using typical shampoos like Pantene or Aussie.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by haelo07

This product is something I've been using for a couple weeks now and I like how much healthier looking my hair is after using it. Make sure you're conditioning properly because I could see my hair getting a bit dryer but not overtly dry looking if I didn't condition well.. My hair is much more "flighty" now and after a good wash feels a bit finer than thicker. Definitely NOT weighed down in the least haha. It doesn't look bad, it looks great, but its certainly doing something weird to my hair that worries me if it becomes any more "flighty"... I think I'll do a long conditioning day to see if that changes the texture much. I did notice a bit of itchiness with what seems to be an allergic reaction to something I'm putting in my hair. Not sure its that, a volumizer, or a keratin spray I am using thats the true cause. I will update if I find any changes!! So far its definitely worth a try!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this brand because it was sulfate-free.

*Sulfates are really bad for your hair and it's hard to find a relatively cheap sulfate-free shampoo. Something that i think people should know is that most sulfate-free shampoo's don't lather very good because sulfates are used for lather.*

anyways.... I like this, i think it cleans well but doesn't provide that much moisture like it promises. But i will purchase this again because i feel a lot of zero sulfate shampoo's aren't very good. This one is good for it's range.

I also love the packaging, it's so modern and hip.

As for the conditioner i think i still need to find my HG. I don't worry about conditioners because sulfates aren't found in conditioners.