Giovanni Smooth as Silk

3.8

Not tested on animals

New version: Aqua (purified water), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoamphoacetate, lauryl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, *aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) leaf extract, *citrus aurantium dulcis (valencia orange) extract, *citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, *cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) extract, *echinacea purpurea extract, *ginkgo biloba extract, *glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, *lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *macrocystis pyrifera (sea kelp) extract, *mangifera indica (mango) extract, *salix alba (willow bark) extract, xanthan gum, glycol distearate panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), citric acid, polysorbate 20, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance. Older version: Aqua (purified water), Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Oil*, Valencia Orange (citrus auantium dulcis), Mango (Mangifera Indica)*, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Schoenanthus)*, Ginkgo Biloba*, Echinacea Angustifolia (echinacea Angustifolia)*, Willow Bark (Salix Alba)*, Sea Kelp (macrocystis pyrifera)*, Chamomile Flower (Chamomila Recruita)*, Soy textured protein*, Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate (coconut derived), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Olive Oil, Diazolidinyl Urea, Octyl 4-Methoxy Cinnamate (Sunscreen), Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), Citric Acid (corn), Fragrance with Essential Oils.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Got this after looking at YT videos. Leaves hair clean feeling but soft... not with that dried strippy touch. I like it.

I tried this shampoo because I wanted to try something organic. Not impressed. The bottle is tiny, so you're paying for maybe 2/3rds of the shampoo you usually get (and it's more expensive)...so not a great value. At first I was ok with this, since I think it's worth it to spend money on organic products that work.

Well, this shampoo doesn't "work." It dried out my hair, and barely cleaned it at all. Even with conditioner my hair had a dry texture and looked unhealthy.

Would never buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't like this shampoo at all. I noticed for a natural shampoo it lathers very well, but besides that it left my hair tangled and very dry. I will not use this product again. By the way I have super curly ringlet hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Smooth as Silk by Giovanni is so far the best shampoo/conditioner I've ever used and not to mention it is completely organic yet cleanse well and makes your hair silky smooth! I would recommend buying it either in Target or herbspro for best deals in bulk.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I like using products where I can have peace of mind.

It is lightly scented with grapefruit which I love. It lathered nicely and felt nice to use. I've used more than half of the bottle already so I think I've used it enough to give an accurate review.

My hair isn't smooth as silk as the shampoo suggests. I do use it with the matching conditioner but it hasn't been doing me miracles.

Good basic shampoo that doesn't dry hair but not great for dramatic results.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my HG shampoo! This makes my kinky curly hair really soft. Doesn't smell to strong and lathers really well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Really wanted to try this product as it is both organic and sulfate-free. However, after using an entire bottle of just the Smooth as Silk shampoo with my regular conditioner, I think I'll stick to using my customary Pantene Pro-V instead.

This shampoo is pretty expensive, at around 7.99 for 8 oz. at Walmart. Packaging is a little unusual but not too bad, I actually like that the bottle isn't opaque so I can see exactly how much product I have left. I figured I was getting what I paid for though, and for awhile I did like this shampoo. It smells nice and lathers up really well despite things I've read about sulfate-free shampoos not foaming up.

Anyways, I realized that my bangs got oily a lot faster after using this product (strangely the rest of my hair wasn't affected; didn't get better or worse). As I neared the end of the bottle I could feel that my bangs were being weighed down with what felt like residue, which I have never gotten from any shampoo before. Sad to say, that coupled with the small amount and the hefty price, will not be buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Nice shampoo which smelled good, did not overdry, and DID leave my hair smooth. And plastered to my scalp. I have wavy hair and almost NEVER have a problem with flat/volumeless hair. But I do after this shampoo/conditioner. shampoo is sulfate free but has a 'cone in it which is probably the suspect....I only use shampoo on my scalp and there is no reason to have 'cones there. May try the conditioner on its own again sometime since I think it is 'cone-free.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just tried it today. Smells nice, not too overwhelming. Lathers much better than some organic shampoos ive tried. Effects not knows yet since its the first time i tried. will update again.

update: totally dried up my hair. i had a hair cut just before i started using this (to get rid of my split ends) but just after bout 10days of using this series(shampoo, conditioner, treatments etc), i now have a full head of split ends! unbelieveable! i wanted to remove ALL the lipies but it seems that i need to give a minimum 1 so there u are (the 1 lippie)

now im back to using the commercial shampoo and conditioner and wonder what to do with the remaining product...

HG shampoo! If they ever stop making this I'm doomed!! This stuff cleans my hair, without stripping it of moisture or color