Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 2/23/2011 8:22:00 PM

Just a powder, nothing special. It doesn't seem to keep me matte and it doesn't cover well at all.

on 2/17/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have this in light medium. Nice color, not orange or anything weird. So, at first i loved this pressed powder, looked great on my skin. (by the way, i just use a powder for everyday use because i dont like wearing foundation to school).
Anywho, yeah, it looked nice and pretty natural on the skin. Few days later, i completely broke out on my face in places i never get pimples like on my cheeks. I was so upset because i actually liked this ]: I know i broke out from this because i didnt change any other product in my daily routine. Another thing is in places where i have dry skin, when i put this on my face and let it set, it would hurt my dry skin areas, it was so weird. It felt like my skin was gonna crack or something....it was so odd.

on 1/23/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

CONS: dries out face; uncomfortable to wear as you can feel the skin being dried out as time passes; gives a cakey look to the face; powder looks chalky by simply looking at it in the package; no SPF; packaging looks cheap; sponge puff breaks apart after several uses.

PROS: none

It is long lasting in a sense that it sucks and sucks moisture out of your skin, but as a result, the overall makeup starts to "fall apart" and needs major touch up. You can see specks of glitter/shine in product but you won't notice this when you apply it to skin. I will never buy this product again.

on 1/14/2011 3:22:00 PM

If you're looking for a powder that keeps down the oiliness, this works well enough. On me, it lasted about 3 hours before it needed re-applying.

On the downside, it felt (and looked) chalky and powdery. Like it just sat on the skin, despite being buffed away with a brush. It seemed to accentuate every large pore on my face. It's not very finely-milled AT ALL. This is something I'd use if I couldn't get anything else and HAD to tamp down the oilies. I have no plans to use this again.

on 11/22/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder :) The formula is so smooth, and the so is the puff that comes with it. I use it to set my foundation, or I just wear it alone. Even when I wear it alone, it comes out so smooth looking. It's amazing.

on 10/22/2010 12:58:00 AM

I am a big fan of Revlon Colorstay foundation. I thought that this powder together with foundation would provide a perfect coverage. But... I was wrong! After some hours of wearing it, this powder became orangy on me and it does not last all day. I don't like, it gives my face a dirty look. It looks like "I slept with my foundation all night and got up it the morning with this face". I am dissapponted! Also, packaging quality is so bad. I think that it will easily break down if you are not very careful with it.

on 9/27/2010 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really love this powder. When Im lazy and dont want to wear my Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation, I use this as my all over powder. With a facial spray, this looks incredibly flawless on my skin. It takes the redness away and evens out my skintone, the coverage is impeccable. I do notice that the color MEDIUM is a slightly bit light for me so I have to tone it down w/ bronzer, but nonetheless one of the best powders I have ever used. I wished they made a medium deep. I wear Natural Tan in Colorstay and Im about NC40. I got this on sale for $5.09 :)

on 9/17/2010 11:19:00 PM

This is one of the things that I've bought that I hate (for my skin) the most. I love the packaging, I was able to find the perfect color for my skintone, and it initially creates a very natural-looking finish when applied. Unfortunately, it feels masklike and super drying on my skin (despite that I have very oily skin), and somehow manages to exacerbate my oil problem at the same time. Even when I put it over liquid or mineral foundation, it makes my skin even more oily than usual and ruins my entire face of make-up. In fact, I get so oily that everything that I'm wearing sort of clumps up and melts off, which is completely gross and also negates the "Colorstay" effect. This hasn't happened to me with anything else that I've used, ever, and I've tried it by itself, with different primers, different foundations, setting sprays, everything, and it's just bad. I am trying to figure out a way to make this work so that I can use it up and not be wasteful, but the thought of putting this anywhere near my face makes me cringe.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cakes, looks chalky, and won't look great no matter how applied. It's at about the top of the list when it comes to worst powders. I think the only GOOD thing about this powder is that it matched my skin color (I'm a very pale olive skinned gal).

on 8/31/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i've already hit pan on my second powder, so as you can tell i really like this! intially bought this as an oil-blotting powder for my t-zone but now i use it to set my liquid foundation as well. makes your skin feel silky and some how on my skin, has a bit of a pearly-effect (no shimmer or glitter or anything, just makes it look sooo smooth and clean and that finishing touch of natural glowiness)