July 29, 2014 | 952 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using up 3 little sample tubs of this tinted moisturizer, I finally took the plunge and purchased the full size for a little birthday treat. My all time favorite base! It leaves a natural finish and lasts really well on my skin. It covers redness well on my skin, but doesn't cover blemishes. I didn't expect it to anyways, that's what concealer is for! I top it with a powder and it lasts beautifully on my skin. Since I only just bought the full size, I can't say much on the packaging, but how bad can a squeeze tube be? (Then again...the tester at Sephora looked pretty worse for wear) Anyways, I adore this tinted moisturizer, a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by alexac21

This product worked VERY well on my acne-prone skin and combined with maybelline's Dream matte powder looked completely natural! I would not recommend to those with very bad broken out skin since this does have light coverage. I used a bobbi brown concealer over my acne scars and then layered it with the moisturizer again so it doesnt peel. I only blot my face about once during the school day! ^_^ Yes this product is pricey but it lasts forever and is worth the buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by xsamanthaashley

I do like this product to a certain extent and although it claims to be oil-free, it does have a little sheen to it to create a dewy finish. I've never been the sort who likes the dewy look but have recently grown to like it quite a bit. I've tired applying this product with my fingertips but it doesn't give a good coverage as opposed to using a stippling brush.

I feel that with this amount of money, the product could have turned out a lot better in terms of the finish and the texture to the product.
full review with photographs up on our blog!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I switched to the oil-free tinted moisturizer even though I have dry skin. I thought since I moved to Texas and the hot weather, the oil-free will help out. The oil-free is just not hydrating enough for my dry skin. It is harder to apply than the original formula but it has slightly more coverage. However, I am not liking the finish on my dry skin. My skin looks dry even with a moisturizer underneath. It lasted about 4-5 hours in Texas. This depends on the weather. The hotter it is, the shorter the time wear even with a primer underneath. When it wore off my skin, it looks patchy. I'm not sure what's the cause of that. I never had that problem with the original or illuminating version. I won't be repurchasing the oil-free but I will be repurchasing the illuminating formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

What a disgusting product!! A friend of mine gave me a sample of this so I tried it. This is the most hideous product I have ever used. Expensive , oily , bad colour . One word- bleaahhh. I wouldn't use this one even if you would pay me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, not really worth the price. It's a good basic tinted moisturizer, but I feel like I've seen some drugstore brands that do just as good of a job. The color is good and didn't oxidize on me. However, it gives you that very shiny "sunblock" look, feels tacky/gloopy on the skin and calls out dry patches....screams them at you, really.

This was my go-to for a while because I thought this was the best there was to offer, disappointing as that seemed. Thankfully, that isn't true. I like Nars' SPF 30 tinted moisturizer much better. Costs about the same, but performs far better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by electricdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Having oily skin that isn't too blemished, I struggle to find a decent base product that isn't too full coverage or too dewy. I first bought this tinted moisturiser over a year ago and have just got my second tube. It's really quick and easy to apply and not overly shiny (although I do powder because I prefer a natural-matte finish), just subtle coverage. Think slightly heavier than your average tinted moisturiser but not yet in the realms of a light-medium coverage foundation. The shade selection is also pretty good and I wear "Bisque" (good for darker Caucasian skintones but I can get away with it since I'm about a MAC NC30). Only downside is the steep price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Actually of the tinted moisturizers I have tried this is my favourite, it's sheer and natural with good coverage, easy to use and does not break nor dry me out, unlike most other products. I could actually use this every day, however there are two points in which this product falls short. First, it makes me quite shiny so that if I have to retouch with face powder quite often. Second, it just makes my face look very plain and doughlike. I suppose I would have to use a lot of other products after to shade and sculpt my face but I actually don't like to wear that much makeup, usually only some blush...So this is maybe too much for me. Plus, now that I have finally tried the Korean bb creams, I just cannot get excited about normal TM anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I got this at Sephora after looking to try the oil-free version of the famous LM tinted moisturizer and got it in Nude. I have oily skin with some blemish scarring and I'm looking for something light, casual and not something overly done.

At first I loved it and used it everyday for about a month with another powder on top to set it in. It made my skin look wonderfully dewy and amazing. However, I realised it oxidises and darkens a little as the day goes by..and it was starting to look obvious/orangey. Went back to get another colour matched but can't find another suitable colour.

Because it costs so much and I can't bear to throw it away, I'll still keep it for short overseas beach vacations because of how moisturized my skin feels with it on and its sheer casual coverage. But I'll be finding another TM/foundation for everyday office/going out use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

Bad variety of colors, very limited... None matched me. I like how it feels at first but u kinda gotta put a lot on for it to tint stuff. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's just ok... Or good? I doubt ill buy again.