Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 9/17/2013 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've used and loved the original TM for years but wanted to give this a try as well. I can't believe how different the two are. This is thicker, more difficult to blend, much creamier, and feels heavy on my skin. The denser texture spreads oddly and unevenly and looks like makeup rather than naturally nice skin. Slightly shiny finish that looked a little greasy. Setting it with loose powder only seems to enhance the thick texture and make everything look more cakey than it already looks. I tried applying with fingers and with a foundation brush and both techniques gave me the same result. I wore it all day (while I was around the house) and was happy to wash it off at the end of the day, and even happier that it was a day spent doing chores and such and I didn't have to go out in public wearing this stuff.

It smells so strong too. Have you ever opened up a brand new plastic blow-up beach ball or air mattress and noticed that incredibly strong, chemical plastic scent when you pull it out of the wrapper? Nothing else in the world smells like that except for those types of products... and this TM. I swear that to my nose, they are one and the same. I've never used a more offensive smelling cosmetic item in my life. Unbearably awful.

For the record, my skin is normal, occasionally dry due to allergies, and generally very good as far as tone and texture goes. Not acne prone at all but I am sensitive. I like a sheer coverage with a natural or luminous finish.

So I only used this one time and can't give details on how it wore on me over the course of months or anything, but nothing could induce me to wear it a second time.

on 9/17/2013 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

For anyone that's looking for non-comedogenic make-up, LM is not one of the brands. Do the research. I just recently found out that after a year of using this product, this contains Ethylhexyl palmitate, which is rated a 4 (5 rating the highest as pore clogging ingredient) on the pore clogging list. I actually just threw all her facial products away after reading all the ingredients.

on 9/16/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought it at a whim after a sales assistant applied it on my face. Granted it looked really good just after she applied it on my face, that's why I bought it. However as I continued shopping, it started to feel heavy on my face like I had a mask plastered on my face. When I reached home, I looked into the mirror and saw that there was nothing left on my face. It felt as though I didn't applied anything on my skin. The coverage was no longer there as though it had disappeared! This coming from a tinted moisturizer that has a creamy texture and had felt previously heavy on my face.

I returned the unopened tube to the counter 2 days later and exchanged it for the Shiseido sun protection liquid foundation in SPF 43. Oh did I mention, the laura mercier tinted moisturizer costed SGD 69!

on 9/14/2013 9:40:00 PM

Great finish for first hour, turned me into an oil slick after 1 hour and throughout day. It lasts, good colors, my skin just got too darn greasy. NOT 'dewy'. Powdered and everything. This and the regular version do not work for my skin. Oil free even worse. Ironically. Returning. FYI: HG homemade TM: equal parts Clinique dramatically different moisture GEL (not lotion, Gel) mixed w MAC pro longwear concealer. Sounds weird, but it dries matte in like 2 seconds and stays that way all day without the powder fest. MUST TRY if skin is combo/oily.

on 9/4/2013 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a good tinted moisturizer but in my opinion it's not worth the amount of money I paid for it. It doesn't have much coverage but it does improve my overall complexion. It's quite hard to blend probably because it's oil free. I usually set it with powder after applying. I won't buy it again mainly because I feel it's not worth the money. I could easily buy a really good BB cream with half of the price.

on 8/22/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tend to keep my make up routine really simple; I live in a very hot climate and in the dead of summer I just have no desire to plaster on layers of make up on my face. I've been turning to tinted moisturizers more frequently and heard that Laura Mercier's version was the cream of the crop.

I don't know if I would rate this the best product of it's kind, even though for the price it certainly should rank up there. It absorbs well, but it also usually leaves a significant sheen on my face, meaning I have to usually apply an additional mineral powder to balance it out. And I also think the SPF in it is not that effective. It provides slightly better coverage than my drugstore Aveeno Positively Radiant tinted moisturizers, but honestly, considering it's more than double the price of those products, it's not really worth it.

In short, if you're going to shell out for a tinted moisturizer, I'd recommend trying a sample of the Chanel Hydramax or the Dior version, which is similarly priced to the Laura Mercier.

on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 AM

when i first got it it was really good and i dont know if my skin changed r its the weather but the product got extremely cake-y and the sun screen like texture makes dry skin stand out like a sore thumb. also it has a shiny finish on my face but claims to be oil free, i DEFINITELY NEED POWDER OR IT LOOKS SO GROSS. but yea and it also doesnt really conceal redness incredibly well

on 8/14/2013 4:38:00 PM

I normally use the normal tinted moisturiser from Laura Mercier and got some samples of the oil free version to try out. I have quite oily skin but this really did nt work on me. My face just broke out and went crazy. The normal one is so much better. I have been using the "normal" tinted moisteriser for the last 8 years and still love it. it is easy to apply, it gives a light coverage and that fresh faced glow.

on 8/13/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to every day base. I have NC20 skin and wear the shade nude. My skin is normal to dry and this gives my skin a dewy but not shiny look. I set with nars sheer pressed powder and it lasts me all day. Not sure if this would be good for people with oily skin, and it would probably not be great for anyone with serious imperfections to cover. I like it because it just gives my skin a fresh, even look. Not for heavy duty coverage.

on 7/26/2013 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
*looks great for the first hour

Cons:
*doesn't last
*too greasy for my combination skin
*broke me out

i'll stick with my L'Occitane bb cream