April 20, 2014 | 928 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Bleah what a disgusting product!! A friend of mine gave me a sample of this so I tried it. This is the most hideous product I have ever used. Expensive , oily , bad colour . One word- bleaahhh. I wouldn't use this one even if you would pay me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, not really worth the price. It's a good basic tinted moisturizer, but I feel like I've seen some drugstore brands that do just as good of a job. The color is good and didn't oxidize on me. However, it gives you that very shiny "sunblock" look, feels tacky/gloopy on the skin and calls out dry patches....screams them at you, really.

This was my go-to for a while because I thought this was the best there was to offer, disappointing as that seemed. Thankfully, that isn't true. I like Nars' SPF 30 tinted moisturizer much better. Costs about the same, but performs far better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by electricdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Having oily skin that isn't too blemished, I struggle to find a decent base product that isn't too full coverage or too dewy. I first bought this tinted moisturiser over a year ago and have just got my second tube. It's really quick and easy to apply and not overly shiny (although I do powder because I prefer a natural-matte finish), just subtle coverage. Think slightly heavier than your average tinted moisturiser but not yet in the realms of a light-medium coverage foundation. The shade selection is also pretty good and I wear "Bisque" (good for darker Caucasian skintones but I can get away with it since I'm about a MAC NC30). Only downside is the steep price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Actually of the tinted moisturizers I have tried this is my favourite, it's sheer and natural with good coverage, easy to use and does not break nor dry me out, unlike most other products. I could actually use this every day, however there are two points in which this product falls short. First, it makes me quite shiny so that if I have to retouch with face powder quite often. Second, it just makes my face look very plain and doughlike. I suppose I would have to use a lot of other products after to shade and sculpt my face but I actually don't like to wear that much makeup, usually only some blush...So this is maybe too much for me. Plus, now that I have finally tried the Korean bb creams, I just cannot get excited about normal TM anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

I got this at Sephora after looking to try the oil-free version of the famous LM tinted moisturizer and got it in Nude. I have oily skin with some blemish scarring and I'm looking for something light, casual and not something overly done.

At first I loved it and used it everyday for about a month with another powder on top to set it in. It made my skin look wonderfully dewy and amazing. However, I realised it oxidises and darkens a little as the day goes by..and it was starting to look obvious/orangey. Went back to get another colour matched but can't find another suitable colour.

Because it costs so much and I can't bear to throw it away, I'll still keep it for short overseas beach vacations because of how moisturized my skin feels with it on and its sheer casual coverage. But I'll be finding another TM/foundation for everyday office/going out use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

Bad variety of colors, very limited... None matched me. I like how it feels at first but u kinda gotta put a lot on for it to tint stuff. I'm not sure how I feel about it, it's just ok... Or good? I doubt ill buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Lexi92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. i wear mac nw40 most months out of the year, and nw43 if i get a good tan in the summer months. In the tinted moisturizer i wear shade tan. The first time i bought this was in mid summer when i was spending A LOT of time at the beach and was considerably darker than usual. But as my tan fades, tan is a much better wear for me.

I wear some type of foundation on my face just about every day, whether it be just a powder to look "done up" when going to my classes (im in college), mac pro longwear if i want it last from my 8am class to a dinner out with friends at 9, or a full coverage foundation when im going out with girlfriends at night and want to look really done up.

I've read some negative reviews on this product, but for me it works great. I don't use this when i need long wearing makeup, because it's not meant to be long wearing. for that i'd use something like mac pro longwear which is GREAT for all day and its light to medium coverage. If i use this, its because i dont need much coverage (although this gives plenty considering its just a tinted moisturizer) and want some spf on my face because i dont really putting on plain sunscreen. i dont know why. i use it all over my body but i prefer to just put this on my face. So all in all it is great for days where i'm going to the lake or something with my friends near our campus, or taking a beach trip, or just going to be outdoors and want a bit of coverage.

I have combo skin so it does a pretty good job of controlling oil for a few hours, but i set any liquid i put on my face with powder in my T-zone no matter what. It has 20 spf which is good enough for me.

One thing though, the color when you put it on your hand to find your color, is lighter than when you actually rub it on your face. it seems to darken a bit once rubbed in, so be mindful of this when you are in the store trying to find the right color.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by AMSClassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, so I have been toying around with purchasing this tinted moisturizer for some time now. They discontinued my Clinique Moisture Sheer Tint that I had used for years, and I absolutely hate the replacement. Well, I finally decided to order (I live in a rural area) it online and was so excited for it to arrive. What a disappointment! The color matched but it felt so gross on my face and made my pores look enormous! My face was so slick and it oxidized and made me appear very Oompa Loompa. I couldn't wait to get home and wash my face, which I did first thing. I am just glad I bought it from Sephora.com so I can get my $43 back without a hassle!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by hollyhodgson

Oh my! What a waste. My dad bought this for me and I really wanted to love it. I suffer with a very small amount of dry skin at the side of my mouth and this makes it look awful! It doesn't spread out evenly and feels thick and doesn't moisturise at all. Colour was fab and the tube was nice enough. I bought it because I have normal combo skin with one dry patch thinking it would look better than a full on foundation. Coverage was what I expected but it just didnt adapt between the dry and normal skin very well. Using it up though because I feel bad for my dads wallet!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this product. It provides light coverage, perfect for a makeup-free look, it has a nice, sheer finish, it goes on without too much of a hassle, and it doesn't seem to break me out or make my skin dry up.

That said, it's expensive. And there are cheaper products on the market that do the job just as well. I bought my first tube of this when I was out of BB cream, and it basically did the same thing: evened out complexion, moisturized, and had provided sun protection. Of course, the BB cream costs about $15, which is a fraction of the price of this ($35-40 dollars if I remember correctly). It's arguable whether the finish of LM is prettier, or the staying power better, than that of the average Korean BB cream (I use Skin79).

In sum, this is a pretty good product. I really think that it should do more, given its price.