GOSH Velvet Touch Eyeliner

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG pencil eye liner! It's so smooth and creamy but not too much. I use this all the time on my upper lash line and it gives that natural look that a liquid or a gel liner can't give without having to smudge it 2 seconds after you apply it.
I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance under it to prevent it sliding anywhere throughout the day and it does a nice job of keeping it in place. I do recommend setting it with an eye shadow, anyway. I use Shadowy Lady from MAC to compliment my green eyes in a very subtle way.
I also love this as a base under colored shadows for smokey looks!

on 12/24/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have this in 4 colours/shades (hypnotic grey, woody green, purple stain and ocean mist). I had a review on here for hypnotic grey which i didn't really like. I was looking for a new green e/l and got woody green as it was the closest to the colour i wanted. I was suprised how much better it was to hypnotic grey. In the meantime I have bought 2 more and they are amazing. Smooth and pigmented (i think i just got a bad one when i bought hypnotic grey). I am a cluts when it comes to applying e/l but even I can apply a neat line with these. My fave is ocean mist as you can wear it alone and it brightens up the eyes.

The staying power is amazing, you need a good remover (waterproof) to remove it. Unfortunatly it doesn's stay as long on the waterline (about 6 hours) - under eye it does tend to smudge more then on the lid so be carefull when touching your eyes. TFSI will make it smudge less but I find by the end of the day it has smudged completly but I still love them on the lid so I live with the fact the smudge easily on waterline

I recommend these to every one, the colour selection is amazing and the price is very reasonable (7)

on 12/20/2010 6:02:00 PM

Just like the previous reviewer, I got this eyeliner in Bananas and use it to highlight the inner corner of my eyes and lower lashline (not on the waterline, but right under my lashes). The skin at the base of my lower lashes tends to be red, no matter how much concealer I use, and this eyeliner works really well to tone down the overall redness while bringing brightness. It is also very soft and smooth. Difficult to keep a very sharp/pointy tip, though.

To me, this is as good as MAC Powerpoint eyeliners which I really like. I got it on sale at Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart for around 12.50$ CAD (excluding taxes). I will definitely buy other colors in the near future.

on 12/16/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got it at 006 Bananas color (light yellow). There is some litle smearing in a few hours that I don't like. So when use this, have to be extra careful not to touch your eyes. I use it for my inner eyes - just a little bit as it's pretty bright. I dont think I will re-purchase it, just because I do not like it comes off easily. I gave 4 lippies just because the colour is amazing.

on 12/8/2010 9:52:00 AM

Having tried many many eyeliners (My eyes are very watery, and most eyeliners just come off within half hour :() I've found this is the best. It goes on nice and smoothly, I wear it on my waterline, and it manages to hold most the day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking to try something new, something different, something I wouldn't normally try right off the bat. Someone suggested this product in "green grass." (I have brown eyes with a hint of green. I don't say hazel because I just don't think there's enough green in there to count as hazel.) When I added a little bit of this to my look, all of a sudden my brown eyes were lookin' greener than ever! It's really neat how adding a little bit of colour can change your look. I like how smooth the pencil glides along my lower lash line. This seems to be a great product, I'll have to try some other colours too. So, if you want the green in your eyes to really stand out, I say give this a go - it worked for me! : )

on 11/6/2010 1:01:00 PM

I discovered GOSH by accident, as i had run out of my HG MAC Teddy and needed something to replace it quickly and don't have a store close by.
As it was 3 for 2 at Superdrug, i picked up Truly Brown, Metallic Brass and Funky Violet. This was two years ago and i haven't bought another brand of eyeliner since. Look down my review list and you will see i'm dedicated to the MAC brand for certain products. I never thought i would find anything better than their eyeliner but i have to say they are in fact, much better. Velvet touch are soft and creamy, cheap, glide on and stay put all day. How could you possibly complain?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

THIS EYELINER IS AMAZING!!! I bought this at Shopper Drug Mart last night because I heard it got good reviews plus it was on sale. I tried it as soon as I got home and WOW I instantly loved it. I usually don't like pencils because most don't have a smooth glide on but this is the exact opposite. It went on so smoothly and felt so creamy. Even though I pretty much fail at applying eyeliner (i'm practising) this is my new fav. Only con is that you can't put it on your waterline.

on 9/6/2010 5:58:00 AM

This is a lovely product. It is waterproof, creamy and it has good color payoff. It stays put all day without smudging. It can also be used for smokey eyes as it is blendable/smudgable with a brush. The packaging is pretty standard and the price is pretty standard for d/s make-up too. Great product. Would buy again.

on 8/28/2010 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

EDIT! -This product CAN NOT be used on the water line!- HG status removed. Will not repurchase.

!!!HG ALERT!!!
I have this eyeliner in several colours, they are all;

Creamy, amazing durability (lasts for ages, very water resistant, above average smudgeproof), price is amazing, and typical eyeliner packaging.

5/5 lipsticks, WELL DESERVED
Will repurchase, will recommend to others!!

Top Rated GOSH Products