LUSH Mange Too massage bar

Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Perfume, Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), White Chocolate, Fresh Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Honey (Mel), Peppermint Oil ( Mentha piperita), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), *Limonene.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my first LUSH purchace, and so far I'm kind of regretting it. I'd been dying to own something from LUSH for ages, but I could never bring myself to spend $10 on a small chunk of soap. I chose to buy a massage bar because I loved the idea of having a solid lotion. In the store, this smelt amazing, like yummy white chocolate, honey, caramel and touch of mint. After getting home and testing it out for about the last month, I've decided that I don't really like it. First off, the smell is STRONG. It's an overpowering powdery sweet scent, like the original scent x10. Secondly, this is barely moisturizing at all. All it seemed to do for me was leave my skin feeling oily with lots of shine. The look would be great for going out and making your legs look super smooth, but I'm afraid to leave the house with such a strong smell all over my body. Lastly, I'm not sure how to store this thing. I can't just leave it laying out, or it'll collect dust and get oil and stickyness all over. For nowI just wrap it up in the bag until I can think of something else.

Though I still like the idea of a massage bar and it did seem to fufill the description, I'm just not a fan of the Mange Too. I will continue to check out other massage bars, but I will not buy this one again.

on 2/2/2010 4:56:00 PM

This is a really moisturising massage bar, probably the most moisturising of all the Lush ones. It melts onto the skin really really easily and it does leave you shiny any oily for a while, so no slipping into anything special straight away! An intensley chocolatey honey scent, I can smell the honey more, but what this really reminds me of is a huge toblerone bar.
Annoying that it doesn't fit in a tin, and this isn't a daytime scent for me more of a snuggle up in the evening with a loved one or a good movie and a box of chocolates - yummy yummy, you will wake up with the softest skin ever!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this massage bar! It is the best moisturizer I've tried on my reaaaaaaaally dry and sensitive skin. It is now so soft and smooth after a week of using it! Even my hubby loves it too!

on 1/23/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I loved the scen tof this bar in the Lush shop... But when I applied it after a shower in my bathroom, the scent was just too much. It almost made me want to gag :( And I'm usually a big fan of highly scented products! The moisturizing quality of this item is very good and applying it was easy and more fun than a regular lotion. I will continue to use this up, but only on my legs :P This leaves your skin greasy for awhile after applying but it is a massage bar so that's what it's supposed to do. I really can't wait to try the other massage bars..If I'd find one that has a scent that would be more to my liking :) Also, the price.. In euros it was 9,95 so...omg! Kinda expensive :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite massage bar from Lush. In terms of ounces per dollar, it's the best deal out of the others. It has a great chocolate scent with a hint of honey and vanilla that isn't too sweet smelling or overpowering. It's perfect for massages, but also works great as a moisturizer. It's a massage bar so it's obviously going to be more oily than regular lotion/lotion bars. I haven't had a problem with it being too greasy. I usually use it before bed or after a shower. I wouldn't recommend using it before putting on clothing besides sweats/pjs because it takes a little while for the oils to sink into your skin. This makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized. If I use it before bed I can still smell it in the morning. I've also found that if I use this after shaving it prevents razor burn. I highly recommend this.

on 12/23/2009 4:12:00 PM

mmm i love the smell! reminds me of peppermint white mochas from starbucks. with a hint of honey. i use this right after the shower as a moisturizer. if i don't have time to lay around the house naked to let it absorb (haha), i use some of the vanilla puff or silky underwear powder to set it. it gets rid of the greasiness but keeps the moisture. i wish these bars had a handle or something so the bar didn't melt all over my hand when i use it.

it does melt fast, but if you don't store it in the bathroom and use it quick so it doesn't melt all over your hands it lasts a pretty long time.

on 11/30/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Still my favorite massage bar, after trying many others. It is VERY moisturizing and I use it as a moisture bar instead of a massage bar. It is like lotion in a bar form to me. It lasts a long time because I am careful not to melt it down too quicly. I LOVE the scent of this one too - kinda like vanilla but very natural and earthy. Highly recommend.

on 11/27/2009 6:10:00 PM

I like the massage bars in general - however I don't notice any difference between the amount of moisture each gives me. The scent for this one however is really comforting! I love the smell of honey and this is not strong or overpowering it just smells - good and soft (almost like honey i washed the kids but without the sweetness). I also like that this is one of, if not the biggest of the massage bars, the shape makes it easy to hold because it fits in the palm of my hand perfectly and does not slip.
TIP: store your massage bars in a zip lock container or bag to keep the moisture in because they can dry out, doing this will ensure that they stay fresh like the day you bought them!

on 11/15/2009 8:18:00 PM

I adore this massage bar! I had trouble finding a good moisturizer that will stay on my skin all day, but this is it! The smell is lovely and lingering, smelling more minty on my skin than anything else. I love the honey and white chocolate also though!

on 11/13/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love this product so much it makes my skin so soft and the scent stays on your skin all day honey and white chocolate yumm. Am already on my second bar and can not wait for my 3rd and 4th..

Popular Body Skincare Products