September 2, 2014 | 2025 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Conditioner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 2:16:00 AM More reviews by luv_bug

Smells good, leaves my hair soft, is cruelty free, and doesn't use SLS--What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 5:38:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I have thick hair, it takes awhile to rinse out conditioners. I love how quickly and easily this formula rinses out of my hair without leaving residue.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by angelchild9696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved the smell, but it didn't really do anything for my hair

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this way better than the shampoo. It has a nice smell that I can't put my finger on, but have smelled it somewhere. It gave my hair some moisture and helped my hair recover from the side effects of the matching shampoo. I also didn't have to use a lot. Too much, and your hair will feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this as well as the matching shampoo (even diluted) are just too strong acidic for my hair and they weather it. but i have found a way to use this conditioner that works great: first i dilute it half and half with water. then i put EV coconut oil on my hair and scalp and let it sit for at least 30 minutes under a plastic bag. then, i put this conditioner liberally all over the roots and scrub and then put it on my ends and massage again. then i let it sit under a plastic bag for as long as i can stand it - at least 10 minutes - longer is better - and rinse and usually i do it once more - and rinse. voila! shiny smooth hair that is perfectly clean and conditioned....
probably i will buy this again - but burt's bees has been bought by the clorox company and so i'm not sure if i will feel right buying from them in the future...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, slightly wavy hair that's a little dry and gets oily easily, and I love this conditioner. After using the companion shampoo, I put this in my hair and because it felt light, I worried if it'd be conditioning enough as I let it sit. But as I rinsed it out, wa-la! I could tell my hair was going to be soft and, really, it is. Unlike most commercial condtioners out there that have silicone, dimethicone, etc, this product doesn't have those in it (97.6% Natural ingredients product, which is a huge plus). My hair feels naturally clean, soft, shiny, not to mention lightweight (yes! a good moisturizer that isn't heavy). It doesn't feel coated and fake (Loreal Pro, I'm looking at you!!). Plus, my hair isn't getting all tangly while down, which is something I have a big problem with...I'm finding products high in -cones are the culprit, they lock out moisture even though seemingly smoothing and glossing hair. Oh, and plus, doesn't feel like there's residue either...I have soft water so this is definitely enough, if I ever move to a hardwater area then I'd just move on up the line to more highly moisturizing Burts Bees products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 4:10:00 AM More reviews by TRKK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The one reason why I like this is the delectable fragrance. Very invigorating and refreshing. It does make my hair shinier than normal organic conditioners. This stuff really makes me wanna buy the citrus body wash, which I will after my Avalon shower gels run out.
UPDATE : this is not enough moisture for my hair after all. Have upgraded to less "natural" but more heavy duty conditioners which my hair really needs now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by cscillitani

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!!! I also use the shampoo and have had great results. My hair is normal, but I have colored it in the past (not for about 6 months). This conditioner is a great follow-up to the Grapefruit shampoo. It feels like I have gotten all of the old build up off of my hair and it is now just so soft and shiny. I get a lot of compliments on my hair. I'll definitely stay with the Burt's Bees line, but may try one of the other varieties when I feel I need a change.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by peneloperosine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a trial size of this conditioner at the store and decided to try it based on the smell alone. Now, that my bottle is almost empty, I'm definately buying a full-sized one. The conditioner leaves my hair so smooth and it smells wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2007 3:16:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I bought this without checking the reviews on this board first so after I saw the so-so reviews for this product, I was almost tempted to go return the bottle at the store ... but thought I'd give it a try instead, and I'm really glad I did -- I actually quite like this product! My hair is in really bad condition right now from chemical over-processing ... I have fried ends that are so damaged that I am embarrased to go to a salon to let them see the mess on my head ... but somehow, this conditioner managed to do a decent job at leaving my hair somewhat manageable and really shiny without weighing it down. I admit, this product isn't perfect and it is by far NOT the most moisturizing conditioner out there ... however, I think it is one of the more decent "natural" ones I've tried so far and I think the secret for me was to leave it in my hair for over 5 minutes. I do wish this was more heavy duty, but at least the scent was really nice.