July 30, 2014 | 1775 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by traubelein

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this last November and it was weird because I purchased this after trying my friend's. She was a lot fairer than me and she had the 4.0 Natural one but the color matched my skin tone (on a MAC I would be an NC 30). When I went to get one for myself, the Bobbi Brown girl swatched me and yes, I was a 4.0 Natural. I must say that this is by far the only foundation that matches my skin tone and I love the fact that this stick foundation has no SPF properties. I wear it daily and although I am fully aware of how important it is to use SPF if you will be out under the sun a lot, but since I am mostly indoors, bounded to the desk, having on a foundation without SPF is no problem. Plus, it does not have that grey-ish cast so I'm happy about that. The consistency is smooth and blends well into the skin, giving a dewy and moisturized finish. However, I am a bit oily around the T-zone so I would have to reapply after lunch time. I make sure it slides a little less by sealing it with MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. It gives you a porcelain look and I must say this combination is by far the most successful one. 2011 and 2012, I had been spending so much money trying on the best foundation for my daily need; from Revlon to Make Up Forever, to Estee Lauder and MAC. I would have to say that Estee Lauder had the best staying power, MAC was safe to the skin (although a little grey-ish), but Bobbi Brown here had a spot-on color match for my skin tone. I will be running out on the stick foundation soon though, maybe in about 2 months from now, but I am curious to try out the liquid foundation albeit it having SPF properties.

All in all, I am quite happy that I tried this variant, even if it broke my heart a little after paying. :|

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have purchased 3 foundation sticks so far and therefore, have had considerable experience using it. In Singapore, this retails for about $70+ and it is, like in many other countries, quite expensive. I use it when I want to look polished and at my best. I think it may be quite heavy for everyday use and I subscribe to the notion that skin should breathe for as long as one can allow it to breathe. I used to apply this using a makeup sponge but found that the sponge absorbed far too much product. I use the Bobbi Brown foundation brush now. The application is smooth. I apply this bit by bit to ensure that my face does not look overdone.One method is to use the foundation stick to dot my forehead, cheek, nose and chin first and then to spread it out using the foundation brush. The other method is to lift the product from the foundation stick and then apply it on the face. The first method gives you full coverage while the second method gives you medium-full coverage (depending on the layers you apply). I set the foundation with Bobbi Brown's loose powder and the makeup can last for 5-6 hours. Overall, this is a good product. The packaging is good too - you can carry the foundation stick anywhere and not be worried about spillage. I only wish that it was not so expensive.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is perfect for those days when you just have a nasty breakout or redness. I put it on, and leave it for a few minutes before blending. Then I put on my light foundation with a beauty blender, and my skin look a lot better than it really is. It's a little too heavy for constant use, but handy in emergencies.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like Bobbi Brown foundations and tinted moisturizers because they have such a great color match for my pale skin. Most foundations go a bit yellow on me. Honestly, I had my doubts about this foundation stick in the store. When I brought it home, I found it thick and difficult to deal with. So, back to the back of my makeup drawer it went. Then one day, I saw a makeup guru on Youtube use this foundation with a wet sponge. Eureka! You really can make this fairly sheer and buildable if you wet a makeup sponge and dab it lightly onto the stick and then onto your face. It looks great when worn that way! I still prefer my Bobbi Brown tined moisturizer for everyday wear. But, when I need a bit more coverage, I reach for this. I also use it straight from the tube as a concealer too. Just take a teeny brush and apply it to imperfections. I don't think I'll buy it again, but there's so much product in the tube, I can't imagine when I'll run out of it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hodabarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product didn't work out for me, considering I have combination/oily skin. It is very light and I do not recommend this to people who have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by imkhatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first went to Sephora, I was looking for a good concealer and was persuaded towards purchasing the Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Sand.

Overally, the packaging for the product is great, I have never had an accidents with its twist tube packaging and the lid has never came loose. I do travel with this quite a lot in an effort to finish it.

As an overall foundation, this isn't one I would recommend. Even when I do moisturize beforehand, I find that it still highlights any cracks in my skin and that's definitely not cute.

As a concealer, I do find myself grabbing for it often because the application is simple and it is a decent under eye concealer for me.

I will probably not repurchase due to its price and lack of versatility.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanillablood

the packaging is great. and the colour range is great too.
but i found that no matter how i tried to apply this is just looked cakey and clearly visible on my skin. and for the price it just wasnt worth it i now just use it as a concealer to blank my lips out before lipstick. so it hasnt totally gone to waste it does do a good job under my lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always love Bobbi Brown's makeup, this foundation is easy to apply, the colour is perfect for my skin, the only thing I don't like is that is a little bit heavy I prefer to use it to cover my imperfections on top of my liquid foundation, works better with dry skin, I have normal skin and during the summer I meet a lot of powder to control the shine with this stick foundation, it's perfect for touch ups

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by anat1984

I usually prefer wearing liquid foundations because I like more of a natural look. I used to think that stick foundations are too heavy but when I tried this foundation I was suprised and amazed from the natural, flattering look it gave me. I'm using this for a while now and my friends think I'm not wearing any makeup haha. First I apply my moisturizer, then I apply some primer (MUFE all mat, sometimes I skip this step) and finally I apply a few strikes of the foundation on my forehead, nose and cheeks, and blend with my cheeks. the result is great and I will definitely repurchase. It is quite pricey however it contains quite a lot of product- I'm only using very little each time.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thick and cake-like finish. I wore this for 8 hours and the next few days my face was breaking out. Returned immediately. Color was also not right.