MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The coverage of this product is AMAZING! It is a heavy full coverage which is perfect if you're wanting every blemish covered and to have a flawless airbrushed look. The duration is which this foundation lasts is also great, I have forgotten to take my make up off by accident after a night out and woke up with my foundation still in place as it was!! You can't say that for many foundations...

It comes in a glass bottle which is great quality however I had to pay an extra £4 just for a pump!!

The foundation does feel heavy n the skin and is quite thick in consistency, I feel like you have to work quick with it although it is blendable - i've always found using a stippler brush works best. It also smells a bit like paint which is sometimes offputting.

However the reason I would not purchase this again sadly is due to how it made my skin after use. I suffer from dry skin. I ALWAYS use moisturizer and then a hydration primer and a few days after wearing this foundation it made my skin go patchy, blemishy and have big dry flakes that it took me 3 days to get rid off. With continued use it began to sit in my pores and cling to every bit of dry skin I had. I've had to discontinue use of it :(
But I do feel if your skins much more on the oily side then to go with this foundation as it is really good just not for my skin type!!

on 2/24/2015 6:11:00 PM

holy grail foundation, always my go to. im in nw 13 which is my perfect match. so many shades available and for me it applies as a medium foundation. dont like applying another layer tho as it can get cakey. wish it came with a pump though. its pricey but cmon guys its MAC and you'repaying for the brand name. Already gone thru like 6 bottles and each bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.

on 2/23/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not a huge fan of this foundation. If you have dry skin (or even normal skin) then I wouldn't recommend this to you. It clings to your dry patches and tends to look cakey! I honestly wasn't expecting this foundation to be disappointing. It just didn't look natural and it just looked like my face had been painted with wall paint (haha, no joke). My mother, who has slightly oily skin, also tried it out. It looked cakey on her skin, too :(

on 2/19/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation, the first time i tried this product it seemed flawless and even though i did wear it for the whole day, It wasn't too oily, more of a dewy look which i didn't mind (even though I'm an oily gal) . NC50 matches me perfectly as I do have strong yellow undertones, however my chin area is a tad bit dark so I colour correct and put the foundation over it, after a while it starts separating and looking a little off which annoyed me. It doesn't come with a pump which is a big let down, and also it tends to oxidise a bit, but not too much like other brands. Im still on the hunt for a more natural foundation that I could wear everyday, since the studio fix looks a bit too cakey for my liking. All i need is to even my skin since I don't really have any pimples or scarring, but for this of you that are masking allot of imperfections, this foundation might be right for you as it is full coverage to me, also I heard the kat von D foundation is really good at masking all kinds of imperfections, hopefully i'll find my HD foundation but this is not it.

on 2/15/2015 6:18:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. This makes your skin flawless and is so easy to apply. I apply it with a sigma f80 or real techniques expert face brush and then finish with a beauty blender. I set it with Laura mercier translucent or Ben Nye luxury powder. It lasts all day, even through sweating at the gym. This foundation can be applied in small amounts and sheered down or full on like I do, if you like to be very made up which I prefer. It photographs well also.

on 2/15/2015 7:27:00 AM

I do love this foundation!! It gives me excellent coverage! Covers all my blemishes without a doubt. One thing with this foundation is...you have to MOISTURISE!! And you may need to fiddle around with moisturisers to see which one goes well with this foundation and you skin. I use the good old Astral cream! Apply astral cream and then wait for at least 5 minutes. I use a foundation brush...a beauty blender I found didn't give me the coverage I waned. I use the coco beau big fat foundation brush. I have had people complimenting my skin so much. I also mix a little illuminizer with this foundation as it leaves a semi matte finish.i would Defo buy again. Only use it for special occasions as it breaks me out if I use it everyday.

on 2/13/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation as it was the only one able to flawlessly cover my acne scars. It feels quite heavy on the skin and is a bit pricey but it's worth every penny.

on 2/12/2015 2:40:00 PM

Very disappointed in this.

This dried my skin like no other foundation has. Like, immediately as soon as it was applied, my skin felt bone-dry. I have oily/combo skin. So imo, this should not have dried me out like that.

It also turned almost immediately yellow on me (the MAC sales associate matched me up with NC20). Of course, he only applied a little swipe to my jawline, so I did not get a chance to see how it really looked or performed. Lesson learned-ask for samples. If you get none, best to not buy the product!!! Or at the very least apply the product yourself in the store, as you would at home, and walk around the mall or wherever for an hour or so to get an idea how you might like the product.

And not to bash this completely, but it made me want to rub/itch my skin.

Thankfully it did not break me out, which was a big worry.
This just did not work for me.

I could not wait to get home and wash it off.
Coverage was decent, which is the only reason I gave this 2 stars/lippies as opposed to just one. But definitely would not re-purchase.

on 2/10/2015 4:55:00 PM

I was recommended at the MAC counter that I was shade NW20 but I do find the colour slightly too peachy for me. It smells like paint, but it doesn't bother me too much. I like the coverage this foundation gives, it conceals my uneven skin tone/redness very well although I still need to use a concealer as it doesn't completely cover my acne scars. A problem I have with this foundation is that it really doesn't leave my skin looking very 'smooth', it is a little bit cakey and very matte, but I will keep repurchasing this until I can find a high coverage foundation with a smooth finish.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am usually a fan of the dewy skin type foundations however i felt that they were not lasting around my t-zone (giorgio armani luminous silk im looking at you) and i work long shifts so need something to last the whole day without touch ups. In comes mac studio fix fluid, this lasts all day without having to touch up and looks almost as fresh as when i first put it on. I have NEVER has this with a foundation before usually when i get home it has completely dissapeared around my nose & mouth.

I do feel it to be quite drying as i have combination skin and feel it makes my face quite tight as the day goes on but i am going to try to moisturise more before applying the foundation.

Could possibly be my HG! :) x