MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to foundation. I have tried many other brands but this one just consistently works well. I have very pale skin and the NW 10 is great. No horrible yellow tone!
This is a heavier coverage foundation. I personally only wear it all over my face on nights out when I want to look flawless. During the day I use it on my cheeks and under my eyes (I have red patches on my cheeks and dark circles that require more coverage).
I just love this product. It works well with my oily skin. I do use powder on the t zone areas too as I am that oily!
Its the only high street brand foundation that has a lovely light color selection for us paler ladies. It lasts for ages too. I apply it with the fingers (clean fingers!) then set it with a powder.
Thanks Mac!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm using my second bottle of this in the shade NC15 and I totally loved it when I first purchased it but now I'm not so sure anymore. I like full coverage foundations but this one feel a bit heavy on the skin and I find that I have to be careful when applying so I don't end up with a cakeface. And I think this also breaks me out, not badly but still.. Good color selection and easy to find a shade that matches (they could have NC10 tho cause NC15 is a bit dark for me during winter) but I think I've done my experimenting with this and won't repurchase.

I'm really torn where this foundation is concerned... When freshly applied it gives a fresh, dewy glow and is medium coverage. NW25 matches me perfectly, which is also a plus. However the main reason I purchase foundation is for it being long lasting - I have a busy, active job and hate when foundation rubs/wears off and leaves me with patches at the end of the day. I put this foundation on at 7.30am and by 10 am, it was pretty much non-existent. It transferred every time I touched my face and I ended up with NW25 coloured paperwork! So, my initial impression was great, but it has no lasting power at all. I think I'm going to stick with Estee Lauder DW or Colorstay which last far longer than this. Or I might try mixing either one with this to try and extend its lasting power. I really can't see me using this on its own. I don't think it compares to Colorstay really, although people often say it's a dupe.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am NW20 and I find this is a good match to my skin tone. Overall I like this product and it lasts most of the day even though I tend to touch my face quite a bit during the day when I'm at work so I find it wears off around my chin area but that's probably my fault. I do feel like this product could potentially be a bit heavy on someone with oily skin. My skin in normal but I find it can feel a bit heavy, but that's probably what you expect from a medium to full coverage makeup. Even though it's matte I always like setting with a setting powder or a mineral powder or bronzer to give me a bit darker colour. This product is buildable so you can put more on and it will give you a full coverage without looking overdone. Although this product is good quality it is on the pricey side so I would be inclined to try some cheaper ones before re-purchasing. The packaging is good but annoying that you have to buy the pump separately...Overall it's a very decent product and I would recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this for many years but I switched to L'oreal Infallible foundation and never looked back. I almost feel bad that I used this crap for so many years but then again I'm happy it is a thing of the past. I never found a color that truly matched (closest I found is NC35), it's more expensive than the L'oreal Infallible, too heavy a product, has a bad smell and I always found that by the middle of the day I tend to have to blend the Studio Fix again since I realize that it separates on my face by this time and doesn't look good.

Too many better options.

I have this combination oily skin and the color im matched to perfectly goes wt me... problem is... its not long lasting in humid environment and thats about for 2hours... have to set it with powder if i want to be saved.... bt as long as im indoors and with a lil touch up it treats me OK

Mac Studio Fix Fluid VS. Estee Lauder DW
Similarities:
-SCENT: both smell like home interior paint
-COLOR: ELDW in Sand is a very close match to MSFF in NC15. NC15 is slightly a smidge lighter
-strong yellow undertone! Great if you struggle to find drugstore foundations with enough yellow. Great for most Asian skintones like mine!
-PACKAGING: No pump on either. Both 1 fluid oz.

Differences:
-COVERAGE: both have the potential to be full coverage. ELDW is less buildable (can cake easily), but applies full coverage even while applying a minimal amount, is a little more watery, and dries quickly. MSFF is thicker in consistency, but dries slowly and applies sheerer than ELDW. The consistency of MSFF reminds me of Maybelline Superstay. MSFF is not a light coverage foundation though! It is definitely MEDIUM to Buildable full coverage!
-FINISH: ELDW is definitely a matte/porcelain finish. MSFF is slighlty more hydrating and is satin! When light hits the face, the surface is matte, but the skin underneath still has sheen. (MSFF is more natural in my opinion)
-PRICE: I paid $27 for MSFF. $38 for ELDW.
-STAYING POWER: ELDW lasts throughout 10hr days! Very long lasting, but less hydration. MSFF doesn't last as long. (I have oily skin in summer)

Verdict: ELDW is great for oily skin types, especially in summer! If you have dry patches, moisturize well, use a hydrating primer. ELDW is not forgiving when it comes to dry patches. MSFF for combination skin to normal skin. MSFF will look fine over mild dry skin, but bigger dry patches need to be moisturized well. MSFF doesn't last as long on oily skin either. MSFF is better for a more natural look and more forgiving of mild dryness.

I wanted to love this product so much. I decided to splash out and buy a more expensive foundation and read all the great reviews, however my skin HATED it! it broke me out so bad, that even now, a year later I am still trying to stop my skin from breaking out. I don't know what it did but i never had a problem with acne or break outs before, but now i have horrible skin

i do not recommend anyone with acne prone skin to purchase this product, save your money and your skin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a week now and so far I like it.
The finish when applied with a brush (i use a buffing brush) is a matte/satin finish. the best way to apply this foundation it apply your moisturiser, leave for 5 mins then apply the foundation. I always set with a powder (rimmel stay matte) and it lasts really well and has really good oil control. I find the foundation absorbs the oil which i love as it makes the foundation go luminous and natural, although after a while, I do powder otherwise the foundation can start to slide.
The coverage is perfect for me, medium but can be sheered out or built up with layers. However if you are going to build up the coverage, i would recommend that you do it in thin layers as thick layers go cakey.
I have found that when it comes to powdering throughout the day, you definitelt need to blot with tissue or papers before reapplying powder as the the foundation goes quite cakey if you dont.
So far, I really like this foundation, but do have a few problems with it.
#1 - the smell - the scent of this foundation smells like paint when applied to the skin but after you work the foundation in and it sets, the smell goes.
#2 - the packaging - although I do love a glass bottle when it comes to foundation (it looks so pretty!) it is heavy and it doesnt come with a pump (i brought one seperately) and if you poor it out of the bottle, you can waste a lot.
#3 - application - the first time I used this I applied it with my fingers, huge mistake! it sat on my skin and completely slid off my face within a few hours. Definitely to be applied with a brush!

I paid £22 for the foundation in the UK and brought the pump at the same time which was £6 so it isn't cheap. Definitely get a sample before you buy the full size product!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Hello,
I bought this foundation after much reviews on ig. And decided I'll try it. I was looking for a matte foundation for very oily skin. That was what I thought I needed. But to my surprise my skin turns out to be oily combo. I have oily areas as well as majority dry spots. So I got this foundation in NC42. I think it's a bit dark. But I make it work. The bottle is okay. You can buy the pump from the MAC store for easier use. I like that with a good primer it will last for a while without touch up. I'm thinking of trying something else. So I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this again. I recommend this to anyone that's looking for medium to full coverage foundation with yellow undertones. And oily skin.