September 1, 2014 | 1975 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 9:21:00 AM More reviews by herbie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this as a GWP, no idea of cost. Whatever it is, i would buy it. No scent, goes on beautifully and dries fast. I even tried it on my arms. What a wonderful color, and the lack of scent is amazing. This could be the HG that replaces Loreal's self tanner (the scent on that gets to me after a while). The Lancome didnt even get on my sheets. I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2005 2:04:00 PM More reviews by NotAsFatAsIThink

I keep coming back to this one, mostly because the odor doesn't bother me. All self tanners do not smell the same, they just mostly smell bad. This one doesn't bother me. Also, the color is NOT subtle like the jergens, it turns my skin a nice new color which is the whole point. It's pricey but just make sure you get it when there is a gift with purchase. It was one dollar less than the GWP requirement (those sneaky devils) but the Nordstroms lady gave me the gift anyway because she agreed that was really mean.The only thing that worries me and I can't get a satisfying answer from the Lancomians is why they market this just for legs. Of course I use it on my arms as well but why would Lancome eliminate half the limbs on my body in their marketing?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A bronze tinted self tanning gel. I liked the mild scent as I get tired of the overpowering fragrance most self tanners have. It is very silky gel and glides on but I felt like it was not absorbing in and had to massage it in longer than other self tanners I have used. My favorite self tanner is still Mychelle Del Sol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2005 9:15:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was just average for me. I'm pretty fair but I had to apply two coats to get any color, and it was very slightly orange. I was hoping it would be a more natural brownish color. As with all self-tanners I've tried it didn't fade evenly either, although one good thing is that it took a long time to fade - it was about 4 days before the color even started to wear off. If it suits your skin tone it's a good buy, but it wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2005 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jujubeans

First off, I can't comment on this product's worth based on pricing because I received it in a give-away. However, since it's Lancome, I'm thinking that a tube or bottle would be well over $25 to $30...but that's only a guess.

I achieved a nice color and it does allow you to build. You do need to wait the recommended drying time as with any self-tanner it can stain. Mine dried fairly quickly and I like that it's tint and subtle sparkles allow you to know how much you are applying.

I thought that it took a rather generous portion to cover my legs, so the supply has been used quickly. The outcome was not orangey and I immediately washed my hands, so there was no odd stains on my palms as well. I would recommend this product if you are new to self-tanning as it would be hard to mess up or streak with. AND...I always recommend a good exfoliation before applying any product that is a self-tanner. Dead skin cells that have not been loofah-ed always look leathery, dry and dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by emluken

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this self-tanner. It has everything that is important: dries quickly, scent not overpowering, tinted so you can see where it is, gives a believable color to my white legs. Yes, it is kind of expensive, and I think L'oreal's tinted self-tanner is pretty similar and about one-third the price.
I don't know what makes this product just for legs (specified on the tube). I think Lancome just wants you to buy different/more products for the rest of your body. This would probably work just fine anywhere but your face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I was not happy with this product at all. At first i thought i liked it. Goes on smoothly and evenly, has a nice scent not at all like self tanner, is tinted with some shimmer so you know where to put it. However, after wearing this, its not so great. I am an NC30 and it looks slightly orangey. The fresh scent at first turns into horrible self tanner scent in about an hour. And it makes a huge mess. Stained everything brown! and i even waited a half an hour for this to dry. over all, this product turned out to be a miss for me! I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by adelek28

This was my first try ever at self tanner. (Lancome free gift.) Pros - It was easy to use, and did not leave me orange or streaky at all. I've been afraid to try self tanner for years, so I was pleasantly surprised and realized I should've tried it sooner. I like that it's a light, subtle tan - not like you go from white to dark tan in an instant (although some people might go for that - people who expect big results for the money!). My complaints with this stuff are: 1. It stinks, to me. Maybe it's better than a lot of self tanners, but it's not good. After about an hour the smell intensifies, and I feel like I need to shower. The nice thing is that this stuff develops quickly, so you can put it on, then shower a couple hours later if you don't like the smell, and it doesn't seem to lose any color (however, it does lose some of the glittery/sparkley stuff after you wash). This is a good product for someone who has been a chicken to try self tanner for fear of it being difficult or unnatural looking - because it's very easy to use and subtle. It is expensive, so I'm just using it for special occasions, not every few days like they would like me to use it. I can't justify putting this stuff on all the time when it's $25 for a small tube. But I did buy it because I found it worked better for me than the only less expensive brand I tried (Loreal's Sublime Bronze).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by poisondisaster

Today I woke up and I planned of wearing a skirt but my legs' tan was fading. I use Loreal Sublime BUT since I had the sample for this, I figured I'd just use this again. Im very pleased! I do like the sparkle, it wasn't too much, the smell was not bad at all, and I'm liking the tan. I'm NC20. This was WAY easier to apply than Loreal Sublime and in my opinion, smelled better. It always worries me that I would mess up with Sublime..but this only took me 5 minutes, and Im satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 2:09:00 AM More reviews by idontknow

i've read a lot of mixed reviews about this one. and i can see why. but i love it. i'm pretty fair skinned, so i didn't want something that was going to be too dark that it looked fake. this is very subtle. not orange at all. a nice brown, glowy look. very natural and radiant looking. maybe another coat would be better.