Garnier FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

3.5

on 5/8/2012 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My hair didn't care for this. It only became a bit frizzy, weighed down, and smelled nice for about 10 minutes.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I always keep a bottle of this on deck "just in case". It's a leave-in that I use when I'm low on my others, just because the other ones I use have better ingredients/are more expensive. This is my cheap alternative. I usually only use it in the summer/hotter weather though because it keeps my hair from losing a bunch of moisture thanks to the silicone. I use it on damp hair because on dry hair it's useless and on soaking wet hair it's just a mess. I love the smell, but it does fade for those who don't. It does what it claims to do and at a cheap price, so I have no complaints.

on 4/6/2012 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I bought this a little while ago after seeing it reviewed on many hair care sites. The ladies were raving away about this product so I was curious to see what the big deal was. This leave-in did NOTHING to my hair whatsoever. No shine, sits on the top layer of the hair shaft, difficult to comb and even brush in the hair, and it's sticky. Gross. The only pleasant thing about this product is the scent.

on 3/20/2012 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair has been pretty dry since my last highlight, so I thought a leave-in conditioning product would be key. I have short, thick, wavy/curly that has a tendency to frizz. This product certainly made my hair feel soft and smooth when applied to my wet strands, however, when my hair dried it became pouff-ier with this product. When I try to style my hair is just looks bleh. I will not finish this product.

Eh. That's really all I can say about this stuff. It leaves my hair looking very dried out. I got this for less than $2 with a coupon. I used it about three years ago for a little while and I was hoping that the new formula would be different than the older one (which also did nothing for my hair). Slightly different, in the terms that my hair is easier to brush out after I wash this crap out. Does it make my hair easier to style? No, not at all. Does it "condition" my hair? Barely. Not to mention, the once you're about halfway done with the bottle, the rest of the product becomes harder and harder to dispense and the cap is always clogged. I guess I'll just throw this crap in my hair when I shove it into a bun for work or just laying around the house, but I won't be repurchasing it again.

on 2/21/2012 3:28:00 PM

This isn't my favorite leave on conditioner.... if I use this everyday my hair gets dried out!!! Ir if I use to much product my ends look and feel fried!!!! But is was only 3 dollars so no big deal.

on 2/20/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is actually really good. I have medium-thick curly hair and I like to apply this when my hair is still a bit damp. It moisturizes and controls my frizz without making my hair greasy. It has been a life-saver in these drying winter months. I like the packaging since you can control the amount of product you want. If you are looking for a good leave-in conditioner and you are on a budget this is a great product to look into since you can generally find it for under 5$ and you get 300ml of product. I will not be repurchasing for the simple reason that I would like to try other leave-in conditioners.

on 2/19/2012 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This really isn't a bad product, it just seems pretty useless. My hair is thick, slightly coarse and curly. I blow it out with a round brush regularly. I really don't find this leave-in conditioner very moisturizing. It didn't leave my hair feeling greasy or heavy, but it was slightly waxy. If it works for you then you're lucky since it's such a huge amount for the price. I have found other leave-in conditioners that work much better.

on 2/6/2012 10:57:00 AM

This used to be my HG until I found other products that work better. The scent is classic Fructis, and I'm a Garnier Fructis scent ho. It did smooth a lot of frizz but not all of it. I don't like the pop top container, I'd prefer a tube. I'm still using up my last container of this - I use it on days that I let my hair air dry.

I love this product! I have very dry, frizzy, thick, wavy hair, and NOTHING would ever control it after I got out of the shower. This leave in conditoner however, made my waves not freak out! my hair actually stay like I wanted it to, and it made my hair pretty soft. The only down fall is that if you use to much it will leave a slight weird feeling to your hair. Overall, wonderful!!