January 26, 2015 | 1860 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW!
This cream is great for healing eczema, redness, acne, sunburns etc. I've used it as a nightcream when my face is itchy, blotchy, irritated and have acne, and this makes such a difference! Will always have this by hand. Keep up the good work, Avene!

UPDATE: I've used this as a rescue remedy all summer long, and my feelings for this product havn't change! This is what I reach for if an irritation occurs (because I do react to a lot of products, and especially since I love trying new things). I also use it as a spot treatment, if I get an insect bite and so on!

THIS IS A MUSTHAVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I love this! I recently experienced a really bad breakout and some serious irritation from another product. Totally desperate, I picked up some of this at my local london drugs, and it's been really great. I have acne-prone, super sensitive, clog-prone skin with rosacea, so it can be difficult navigating all these needs, but this works wonders.

Has calmed down my skin, and though its only been a week, has not caused any breakouts. There is no fragrance to this cream (that is essential for my sensitive skin!) and it has a really minimal list of ingredients. For those of you worried about mineral oil, check skincareman's notepad, there is nothing wrong with mineral oil in cosmetics and skincare!

I mix a little bit of this in my palm with avene skin recovery cream, and pat over slightly damp skin. It does a great job of moisturizing and balancing out redness. I absolutely love this stuff and will never stray! Makes my face look glowy and great. I don't think it's supposed to be used as an all over face cream, but my skin's barrier has been so compromised, I need something that will speed its healing. This also works really well to speed healing of pimples and little scars. I will stop using this all-over once my skin is in a better place, but till then, I love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by schoenl

Growing up in Germany, I have used this cream on and off all through my teens. Helps with eczema, heals little cuts and scrapes, including little oozing wounds after squeezing a pimple. I usually would put a small amount on a little, square shaped band-aid and then leave it on a pimple/scar over night.. In the morning, only a little red dot would remind me of the blemish. This cream is really great for all those using retinol containing creams or receiving chemical/physical peels, as they tend to irritate skin.

A tip for all those who think this cream is overpriced... Get the Zinc Oxide cream for Baby Butt rashes... They're essentially the same product, may be a little bit less creamy and more white. I promise, you won't regret it! What heels sensitive and adorable baby butt rashes, will do wonder to any part of you body;-) LOL And, it is dirt cheep in comparison - starting at 4-8 $ for a huge amount. I like the one by Johnson & Johnson. Good luck trying it out!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LemonCitron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG if I could give this stuff 5 bajillion stars I would. I use this as an everyday winter face moisturizer. My skin loves this stuff so much. At first I broke out a couple places but I just kept up with it and now it doesn't break me out and it actually heals my zits SO much faster. The price is pretty decent too. Lasts a couple months so $20 isn't bad at all. I also use this on my feet to keep them soft. I love this stuff so much. Highly recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by bindi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely saved my eyelids. For some reason I started getting red sunburned itchy swollen eyelids, dermatologist could not understand why. It took 3 weeks for the allergy to disappear and seeing as it happened on a monthly basis it was hell...... I tried every cream I could think of..then I tried thisand wayhay 3 weeks looking like my husband hit me was reduced to 6 days...theres nothing else to say..its a wonder cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by onestbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! It is not that expensive, rather at normal drugstore prices, and for me with my very sensitive skin (which used to have acne when I was a young teenager) it is a perfect product to use from now and then when my skin feels a little bit itchy, irritated or simply when it lacks of glow. I don't use it as an everyday mosturizer and especially NOT under makeup since this cream is very heavy and very white (because it has zinc in it). I simply use it before bedtime about once a week or sometimes even less often. In the morning, my skin feels soft, smooth and is cleared out of redness. I don't really know how skin that has problems with big pores would react on this cream, since I only have problems with spots and breakouts. But for anyone who has a rather acne-prone and sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this cream!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mamazmeilor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sorry to contradict the other reviewers, but for me this cream did absolutely nothing - I has a small irritation on my chin and it did nothing for it, except drying the skin even more. I also tried to use it as a cuticle cream as a reviewer suggested, but also I didn't noticed any results. Too expensive for what it delivers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG! Heals and soothes traumatized skin from over exfoliation and sunburn like nothing else. The white cream is light and tones down the red so I could go about my day without self-consciousness. Better than antibacterial greasy creams. It works on any and all irritation, from pimple to razor burn. Can't recommend strongly enough!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 3:08:00 AM More reviews by voicelessadrasteia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing healing product. I didn't think that it would help much with acne, and I was right. It's not specifically designed for that, it's for restoring skin and such. Although, it did seem to decrease the number and severity of acne during the night/day. It makes your skin feel so fresh and smooth after using it, not to mention your skin has a healthy glow! Avene never fails me, and this is just another fantastic thing they have produced. Highly recommended to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful healing cream. I originally bought it to soothe some
persistent dermatitus on my neck. Within a few days, combined with the Avene Extremely gentle cleanser, the rash, which had not even responded to hydrocortizone, had virtually disappeared. I also find it very effective in healing spots and wounds, the damaged skin quickly closing up and then flaking away. It is very economical - you need so little that the tube will last a long time.