January 27, 2015 | 2031 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by dunnoleh

Background info, i'm an asian dude, i've tried TONS (trust me on this) on concealers, i have serious dark undereye circles and a natural flushed cheeks so getting a concealer to conceal and not look weird without messing with my cheeks' flush can be tricky.

When i first bought this concealer in - 05 Medium Beige, i didn't like it AT ALL, infact, i hated it so much i just chucked it aside after using once. Then of course, i continued searching for my HG concealer, i've come across a couple of concealers that is "close" to HG, namely Clea De Peau (Stick), Revlon Photo Ready Concealer (Stick) and Hourglass (Stick), i was leaning towards stick concealers because they seems a little more heavily pigmented and better staying power.

After sometime, i found my way to Bobbi Brown, they worked really well for me, the corrector + concealer technique, so one day, i stacked a thick layer and achieved an almost flawless finish, i was happy i thought i found my HG until that night, when i removed my concealer with some makeup remover, stared into the mirror and saw my eye and nose and saw this little bit of "wrinkle" effect like what your fingers would look like if you dip them in water for a long time. I was horrified, i wasn't sure if i did too much concealers or was it too drying for my skin. (Im not sensitive to alot of products and so i don't think it was a sensitivity issue)

So of course i strayed away from my Bobbi Brown and thought, this is a good time for me to invest in eye creams to protect my eye. surprise surprise, just reasons to spend. BTW, it's Khiel's Avocado Eye Cream, lol.

I developed a habit of using a tiny dab of eyecream BEFORE my concealer because i felt the protection + moisturize properties is now necessary, i must say after eye cream, 80% of my concealers became better for blending. So of course i found my way back to the Clinique's concealer. I must say this is like as close to the HG i have ever been, i'd give 9/10, minus 1 point because i feel like the staying power throughout the day seems weak, not like it slides off or anything but it seems like after a day (12 hours or so) when i remove it with my makeup wipes, everything seems lesser on the cotton than i initially applied.

If you're lucky Clinique carries your skintone colour and it doesn't work for you, you should try my method. The trick is eyecream, let it set for awhile, gently dab the concealer with your ring finger, in light layers, it's buildable to a certain degree, and set it with some powder, i set it with BARE ESCENTUALS' Matt Foundation Powder, don't ask why, i just happen to think dusting my face with a "foundation" that is true to my skin colour would make the concealer even more flawless looking and true to my guess, it worked really well on me.

At the end of the day, my face will look dewy, (i'm a BP Oil Spill) and i love what i'm doing. I'M FABULOUS OMG.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:25:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this concealer in the lightest shade and it cost me $35. Not worth the money I'd say. To give 1 star is akin to giving Clinique a little face. To say that I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

This concealer has medium coverage and has light peachy tones. First of all, it does look okay when I first apply it. I need another light layer to conceal my undereye circles. As I have severe dark eye circles, only 70% would be concealed. Better than nothing though.

After 5 minutes--CREASE HELL. It settles into my fine lines. Worse still, it does NOT last! In this tropical country where I'm residing in, this does NOT work for me, even though it claims to be long-wearing. Ha!

I have to use this on top of my Za Perfection concealer. This combination works really well, only if, and only IF I set it with Maybelline Dream Matter Powder. 85% coverage which lasts the whole day.

For SGD$35 this is not worth it. I would not repurchase this simply because this does NOT work for me (it's really not worth adding another extra step and the extra hassle of trying to make it work for me) and also I have other options to try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really shocked to read so many bad reviews of this product. All About Eyes is, hands down, my HG concealer. I have genetic dark circles under my eyes as well as skin that is prone to hyper-pigmentation. While this is not the perfect undereye concealer (I honestly do not think that one exists--I've been around the block, mass and prestige, as far as concealer is concerned, and I have yet to find a truly extraordinary product), it's far better than basically any that I have used. Application takes a bit of getting used to--this is not a sheer product at all, making it more difficult to get right. Since it's in a tube and has a relatively loose consistency, it's easy to apply too much, causing creasing. However, once you figure that out, this stuff is amazing. I have it in 'Medium Petal,' and it brightens and covers up my under-eye area really well. I do set it with a tiny bit of Clinique pressed powder, and I've never had issues with staying power (just a note, though, that if you have watery eyes, it's susceptible to running with a bit of moisture).

Although this is technically made for eyes, I've also started using this for tougher spots to cover on the rest of my face. Because it's so opaque and also has brightening properties, it does a REALLY good job of covering red, inflamed pimples or post-inflation hyper-pigmentation. I discovered this when I forgot my Benefit Boi-ing at home while on vacation and broke out. This didn't dry me out at all, and it covered all of the spots that my foundation couldn't quite manage.

The bottom line is that maybe this doesn't work for everyone, but it's done wonders for me (my local Sephora briefly removed it from their display, and I almost started to cry because I thought they'd discontinued it...). If you're in need of a strong concealer, I suggest maybe asking for a sample at the Clinique counter or Sephora and giving it a test run, because if it works for you, it's absolutely worth it (and at $16 for a concealer? That's almost cheap, in the grand scheme of prestige products).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product is getting so many bad reviews, it has worked out phenomenal for me. The lightest shade brightens my eyes and matches my skin tone perfectly. The formula is not tacky or sticky for me, it is smooth and creamy and easy to blend. I bought this for 13 dollars and I would gladly pay that for it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by zoecatherine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the second clinque product i've tried, the first being clinque all about eyes cream which was an awful product and didn't help my dark circles at all. This on the other hand is quite amazing, its creamy in texture and goes on smoothly but does require some extra patting to make sure its all blended in. Overall it covers my dark circles about 60% which is the most any concealer has. It has a nice light reflection to it as well so it doesn't look so cakey, and you get a decent amount for your money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by sellabella

Love it - covers dark circles and spots without looking too orangey!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! It has been sitting in my drawer for over 3yrs now. At first it was okay but didn't seem to cover. I reminded myself I should return it and when the time came I couldn't find the receipt. So I've kept it. It cost so much that I couldn't part with it but it just didn't really conceal, look natural (it caked & creased), and I couldn't find a way to use this. I thought "I'll tuck it away and will like it or be able to find a way to use it in the future". HAHAHAHA nope. It's still there and I'm still pissed I paid so much for something that just does not work.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jaylee74

there are better drugstore concealer better than this one. I got this a few days ago and I'm returning it. It doesn't conceal my dark circles; i had to put layers and layers, and it still didn't work. It doesn't last either, so what's really the point? I have definitely returning this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by marysparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had read these review before buying this product. I have pretty bad, blue/purple dark circles. I bought the concealer in 02, which has a yellowish/salmon color to it. The first time I used it, it looked very dry, creased and faded throughout the day. I then mixed it with my hard candy heavy duty concealer which turned out way better then using it alone; but what is the point of using a concealer that has to be paired with another one just to make it good? I still prefer my hard candy concealer because it completely covers my dark circles and wears better than this stuff. Overall, I think if you want to buy this product you need to have very moisturized skin, slight dark circles and no wrinkles under your eyes to make it work...(which is pretty much impossible)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lyoju589

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been getting by on this concealer for about 6 mnths and knew something wasn't quite right. Now after reading these reviews i totally agree, i can never get this product to look natural. It always looks dry and cakey, settles into fine lines and doesn't really cover my dark circles. Paula from "don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" (book) recommended this, but i just don't!