Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 6/7/2010 10:26:00 AM

Its a nice mascara but not the best.It is supposed to give great definition but it didn't do such a great job. I wasn't satisfied.It has a nice effect but i'm lookinf for better stuff.
Despite the definition, volume is not included as it says in the presentation but it gives super length.You can tell it does by the brush.Its a tiny thin plastic brush which is ideal for long lushes.If you want length it's pretty good.
Its not expensive but generally i don't like spending even the smallest amount if i don't get what i like.Besides i don't think that a good mascara depends on the price.I wan't repurchase

on 6/6/2010 3:40:00 AM

This is my go-to fav cheapy mascara. It's great for curling my flat lashes, separating & volumizing - just add more coats. I use this with diorshow blackout for added drama if I'm going out, or just on its own for everyday wear. Only cons is it dries a little stiff/flakey & I just wish it lasted a bit longer (or maybe I just use it too much!)

on 3/19/2010 11:26:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my favourite drugstore mascara and the best mascara I have tried so far. I do not usually like drugstore brands as they tend to clum quite a bit and with high end mascaras...well, I am yet to be impressed by one, for that kind of money you expect a decent wow factor...and I have tried all of the HG hyped ones (that includes Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Chanel...etc).

Pros: It has a good black color, gives great definition, doesnt clump at all, makes lashes look beautiful.

I like the brush and packaging is pretty.

Con: I have issues with Max Factors ethics (namely their continued testing on animals) and it is the reason why I avoid repurchasing this mascara.

Its a bit more exspensive than most drugstore brands, but it is in the range and for those results it could be considered a bargain....however, the tube contains far less product than it is a usual standard, and as if that wasnt bad enough, it dries super fast...so in effect you would need to repurchase it once a month!

on 3/15/2010 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara. But i wouldnt call it a masterpiece.

on 3/6/2010 1:52:00 PM

For a drugstore product I find this a great everyday mascara. Since this first came out I think I've bought about six. In between I've tried other drugstore brands but have always come back to this. It's easy to apply, defines and lengthens my lashes - even to the little corner ones and doesn't clump, even when you get to the end. Well worth the very reasonable price tag!

on 1/19/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think it normally retails at 8.99 for a 4.5ml tube which for me is quite expensive. It comes in three colours: Rich Black; Black Brown and Deep Blue. I tried Rich Black.

Apparently this iFX brush that comes with the Masterpiece mascara is designed to "facilitate precision brushwork, delivering superb definition to your lashes, framing your eyes and making them stand out beautifully". Basically it is meant to reach the smaller lashes at the corners of your eyes better.

Masterpiece Mascara comes in a shiny gold tube, which looks quite elegant. I found that just the right amount of mascara was loaded onto the brush and I did not need to wipe any excess off the brush with a tissue before application. The iFX brush does not appear to be curved, and has what looks like rubber flexible spikes all over it in no apparent pattern, which taper towards the tip. I found it was easy to apply the mascara, it went on smoothly, and just as claimed it was easy to get to the smaller lashes at the corners of my eye. I think the brush is good, a definite advantage over other mascara's.

I normally apply 2 coats of this and I quite like the look this mascara gives -- it opens up my eyes without looking too fake. I find that my lashes appeared longer and a little fuller, and do not stick together. I think this mascara also has a curling effect on my lashes. It lasts all day with no flaking. I would definitely last a night out without any problems.

On some occasions of wearing it I have found that my eyes had become quite irritable, and when I looked I could see that the mascara had flaked and crumbled, and that there were little black flakes around my eyes. I find that my eyes are slightly more irritable on days when I wear this mascara than days when I don't.

This mascara is not waterproof, but then it does not claim to be. It also does not state that it is suitable for contact lense wearers. I found it very easy to remove with eye make-up remover, there was no residue left behind.

In conclusion I do like the effect the Masterpiece mascara gives, but it's a bit too expensive for my liking so I won't be purchasing again.

on 1/18/2010 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This is my everyday mascara and it's great for bringing out your eyelashes. It's not a 'wow' mascara but rather a flattering everyday mascara. If you want a mascara for work or school this is the one.

on 1/4/2010 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

a reliable everyday mascara, adds subtle definition and length to my lashes, (not much volume). I've noticed some slight flaking, but I always brush out my lashes after I've applied mascara anyway so that's alright. Cute gold tube packaging, yellow synthetic brush, I got this one on sale (AUD$10.95), and I really prefer masterpiece max.

on 12/30/2009 12:40:00 PM

This is an OK mascara, but it does not have the wow factor for me. I much prefer l'Oreal Voluminous (which is even cheaper!).

It does not add great volume and does not make my lashes look as long as the Voluminous.

It does not clump or smudge and, unlike Voluminous, it is easy to remove at the end of the day. It is far better than pricey mascaras (the likes of Clinique, Chanel and Estee Lauder) but in my opinion it is not the best "cheap" mascara on the market.

on 9/23/2009 4:53:00 PM

I got this mascara for free with a purchase. Normally I wouldn't buy Max Factor because they have pricey products, but after using this I might reconsider. After applying the product I clearly noticed a lenghtening of my lashes and a clear definition. Bad side is that I noticed a tad bit of clumping after applying this. Volume isn't great either, but I would use a second coat of mascara that volumizes my lashes. Overall, I like this product. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a defining mascara.

Popular Mascaras