MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 12/2/2011 11:36:00 PM

This was my first ever MAC blush. It's a pinkish coral shade with lots of gold shimmer. I'm an NC25 and I don't think this looks flattering on me. It would probably be better on darker skin tones. I would repurchase but not in this shade

on 11/6/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

While I'm not a huge fan of MAC in general, their color selection in everything they sell is second to none, and finding flattering colors is so easy. I purchased this because I was looking for a true peach blush without any obvious pink undertones, and that's what I got. It complements my medium olive skin very well, and the shimmer is flattering, not over the top. This is very easy to wear, although the staying power isn't as good as my Lancome Blush Subtil blushes, which I've been wearing for years. I will repurchase this.

on 10/31/2011 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great shade. As someone with already very red cheeks, I dont generally wear blush as I try my hardest to cover my own blushing, but this product enticed me. Its a nice peachy pink with very fine, not-at-all frosty or obvious gold shimmer. Even so, it doesnt look "hot" when applied. Id say it is almost half way between cool and warm, and looks great on a number of my friends with different skintones. A wonderful product. Would recommend to anyone.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

The perfect blusher. I went to the Mac counter on a holiday and met a lovely man whom convinced me, after persisting that i wanted a matte blush, that shimmer is fun, and not as scary as some may think.
i fell in love with this blush at first application. its colour is natural and compliments my skin tone. love love love it! just ordered another online (as i hit pan! eeeep i cant bear the thought of running out).
also, it lasts a fairly long time for everyday use..its small packaging decieving for 42 dollars. i am keen to try other shimmer tones now, but will stick with springsheen as my HG of blushes!
all i can say, give shimmer a go! :D

on 10/15/2011 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have naturally rosy skin on my cheeks so I don't ever need to buy blush. But when I want to use a blush that replicates a natural rosiness, I always keep Springsheen on hand. It's not fake, over-glittery, unnatural, or harsh. It is a delicate and natural pink that replicates the exact rosiness on my own skin. My friends all had to buy it once one of them tried it on, and now it's a staple to them. :)

on 10/8/2011 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

A superior dupe to Nars Orgasm, because it doesn't look like your cheeks have been glitterbombed. It would suit all skin tones, like Orgasm is supposed to, except the pink actually shows up and the gold looks like a nice glimmer instead of glitter. It lasts well throughout the day, will last forever before you hit pan, doesn't make me break out and is reasonably priced. The only knocks against it are the flimsy packaging.

on 9/29/2011 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely colour, and is easy to apply because it is so sheer that you don't have to blend like crazy to make it look natural (I am pale, so I have this issue with a lot of blushes)

Unfortunately, MAC blushes just DO NOT LAST on my skin. I don't know *how*, (I don't have this problem with any other brand), but MAC blushes just fade after a few hours!

on 9/22/2011 1:45:00 PM

Its very nice blush with lots of shimmer which are fine..gives my skin a natural shine..i love it

on 9/19/2011 11:36:00 AM

It's a pretty blush, but it does have it's cons. It's a peachy pink color with a slight golden sheen. It sounds pretty and it is pretty, just that there are better versions of the same kind on the market. For the same peachy/golden/pink formula, I much more prefer the Sleek Gold Rose blush, that is much cheaper and has more product per item and is much more pigmented.
For those of you living in Europe I also recommend Kiko Soft Touch blush in 103. It's cheap, pigmented and the same peach golden pink, but I would say it's more rosy then peach. Springsheen is not very pigmented so if u are unexperienced with blush blending, you might be safer using it then some more pigmented blush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought MAC's Springsheen for two reasons; the first being that it's the perfect dupe for NARS' Orgasm blush and the second reason is that I have two other MAC blushes, one a tan colour and the second a baby pink and I wanted something in between. I would describe Springsheen as a warm, pink-toned coral with peachy/gold shimmer running throughout it. I would usually stay away from shimmery face products but I wouldn't describe the "shimmer" in this blush as a shimmer, more of a glow. When applying this blush on my (fair) skin, it comes off as a medium pink with a golden shimmer. Which I think eliminates the need to apply any highlight. It also makes you look glowing in general and it's a perfect colour to use in the summer months (maybe a little more heavily if you have a tan). I think it's still nice to wear in the colder months but just a little less than usual. I would reccomend anyone this blush especially if you are looking for one similar to NARS Orgasm it's literally the same plus it's loads cheaper!

Top Rated MAC Products