January 26, 2015 | 1981 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

Bobbi Brown Gel Liner trumps all. The color stays "black" much longer than MAC's fluidline. The package also lasts longer than MAC. Not sure about everyone else, but Bobbi Brown also applies much smoother than MAC.

In short, it as the applicability of Loreal HIP gel liner, but the non flakiness of MAC. I use the 209 brush when applying. Another trick that I learned when I was getting my trial done (maybe it's not a trick and I'm just late), but when you are applying, you could simply face the container downwards to decrease exposure to drying out if you're too lazy to screw the cap back on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shi000

Take my review with a grain of salt, as this is only the second gel eyeliner I've ever used.

Creamy consistency, and good staying power! I have really oily lids, and never use primer like I should, but the liner only smudges slightly. The color is great as well. Very dark and bold.

The only issue I have is that it dries pretty quickly. This would probably not be a problem for most people, but I never draw my eyeliner on evenly, and always have to fix mistakes. (It's harder to fix after it dries).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

BB gel liner is my HG liner. It's long lasting, doesn't dry out and applies smoothly. I have Espresso, Caviar Ink and just bought Black Ink. Beautiful rich black and perfect for a cat eye. Love that it dries to a matte black.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. The only gel eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me when I tightline. Its a bit drier than other gel liners though and it isn't as black, but the staying power makes it all worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed to replace my MAC gel eyeliner in Blacktrack and couldnt get to a MAC counter so I tried this, instead. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I think its better than MAC by far. First of all, the color is still very BLACK but in a more mature, sexy, kind of way and less like a harsh drag queen MAC kind of way. I can even make a thick line without looking like I'm impersonating an Egyptian. This gives me a sexy cat eye but yet mature and demure. The quality is very high end and it doesnt wipe off or get runny. Im looking forward to graduating to Bobbie Brown products, for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by agigitygoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very pigmented but smudge like crazy, even on my waterline :/ and when it dried i revive it with some hydrating eye drop, it still smudge, but i find that the eye drop make it last longer, so u could try that method. I tink this eyeliner would be good with dry eyelids :>

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by zuzunu

this product irritates my eyes, and is not easy to apply. i need a LOT of cotton swabs and a LOT of makeup remover to get it off, or make touchups. the worst is my eyes are often red and itchy after applying

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

This smudges on my waterline but stays put on the actual eyelid even though I have monolids and blink quite alot. It is very creamy though, and applies beautifully without tugging and skipping.

Colour is quite intense, and is really a black. It is a tad shiny, not shimmery but not matte either.

The transferring from my waterline to the bottom of my eye is ok, it's not very noticable.

I find that this flakes if I try to layer more product over the original line i've drawn. And this is quite hard to use if you don't get a very dense brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

When I first bought this I thought it was inferior to Mac's Fluidliner in Black Out, because it wasn't as dark. However, it is amazing that it stays on the whole day without any smudging. Even in humid weather the liner stays put. The consistency is creamy and easy to apply. I feel like gel liners take longer to apply than other forms, but they pay off is great. Its definitely worth the money if you have eyes that easily smear liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a bit wary of getting this after reading some reviews on here about smudging etc as that's a huge issue for me. Liner has to stay put all day from the time I apply it cos I don't want to worry about touching up all day. Thankfully this eyeliner truly stays on, I am absolutely in love with it! I have a bit of a hooded lid so most eyeliners tend to smudge within hours and flake on me, this is what happened with my revlon color stay eyeliner even with priming. I also don't like liquid eyeliners cos I find them too runny and hard to get a straight line. They also dry fast and some cake when you go over them when dry such as the revlon liquid one I have which also flakes. The Bobbi brown eyeliner is AMAZING I honestly had no idea what black eyeliner really is till I put on this one. It is really really black and the consistency is amazing, it is also easy to work with. It's super hot today, I've been doing a lot of walking and sweating consequently, my eyelids are also oily and this eyeliner is still as perfect as ever!! It's seriously the best.

Edit: after purchasing it and trying to apply it myself, I'm finding it impossible to get it to look like how it did when the makeup artist applied it :( I have the right brush and everything but no luck so far. Also, it does smudge easily if you have oily lids and don't prime. I used the long wear cream shadow as a base the last time. Therefore I don't think this is much better than Mac fluid line and seeing that is much cheaper, I'll be getting that next time. I think fluid line is also more creamy.