August 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by pol4r19

I first tried this 6 months ago and absolutely loved it :) I'm using the transluscent shade to set my foundation and it keeps my makeup set and oil free all day long. Not to mention cheap here in Australia (i think i paid around 14 dollars). Definately a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by adamantine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best loose powder I have ever used. As the weather became warmer, I was looking for a powder to help control my oil because blotting sheets just get to me after a while. This caught my eye, and as L'Oreal is one of my favorite drugstore brands, I decided the 11$ was worth it.

I opened the packaging and immediately tossed the puff it came with. I apply it after my primer with a large, dense powder brush, and this works best for me. Afterward, I apply L'Oreal's True Blend Concealer to some red spots and underneath my eyes, and I'm done. Yes, I put on concealer after powder and find this to be quite effective.

As long as it is well-blended, the powder makes my skin look smooth and even and feel very soft. I can't even tell I'm wearing it when I look closely into a mirror.

This finish lasts perfectly for about 4-5 hours. After that, the powder seems to disappear, and I need a touch-up around hour 6. I use the lightest shade, and it does not turn orange or look streaky.

As much as I love this product for the summer/spring, I don't have much faith in it to perform as well during winter, but we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by cloudy888

I can't believe I have not yet reviewed this product. I LOVEEE IT! It is one of my favorites in my makeup stash. So, to begin, I have fairly dry skin which has just recently stqarted to turn around after my derm recommended plain old cetaphil which has helped my skin alot. I used ot have acne prone skin ( I suppose I still do but after 4 peels and aomost a years worth of differin, it has changed to become ALOTTTTTT smoother, clearer and better!) I have a slightly tanned skin tone with pure black hair and dark brown eyes.

For the past year and a half, I Have played around with makeup, makeup techniques alot because my skin was wreaking havoc! I used to wear revlon colorstay foundation because I needed tons of coverage and since I was commuting to school , I needed it to last ALL day and this did but my face always became oilyish or something weird by mid day...and no matter how much powder I used ( i was using one of covergirls by the way, its the silver one with anti aging stuff I think but that ones a great pressed powder!!! not so powdery!), my face always ended up looking like I had alot of makeup on and my makeup would rub off on my hands if I ever touched my face or wiped my nose :( making my makeup so mch more noticeable!
Anyway, so a few months ago I was at a friends and she used this translucide on me after applying my foundation and first off, I just didnt want her to stop applying it because I loved the smell LOL. I finally asked what it was she was applying and she told....then I went hunting to find it and finally found it at ulta! Bought it, tried it and the first day fell in love with it! It totally would set my makeup making all the caked layer just suddenly sink into my skin so that my makeup looked like my skin! the powder did not give me a powdery look at all like all the other powders always give me and make me look like im wearing even MOREEE makeup.
This product is great for setting my makeup, making it sink in so that my cakey foundation doesn't look cakey, sometimes i just apply some conealer on my face and this powder and i am good! i believe i have this in light even though my skin tones definitely a medium but at the time that I bought this i was using a f0oundation color that I thought looked a bit too tan so this helped even it out and bring it back to my skintone/shade.
I love using this sometimes even after I am completely done with my makeup and I need a touch up, or if I feel like I have gone too heavy on the blush, or if my eyeshadow has fallen to my face while applying. No matter how much of this I out on, it never looks like I have tons on, it always just disappears into my skin and just simply EVENS everythinggg out. and it;'s something I see as working for anyone!

It is a mess to carry around though even though I havent had to yet, but the good thing is that once I set my makeup in the morning I dont need it the rest of the day to reset it! :)

OH! and I forgot, this one time I went to a friends house about 2 hours away with full makeup and ended upo having to spend the night with her and didn't take off my makeup (she has nothing!! no makeup remover either) anyways, i didn take it off, woke up, came home and reapplied some of this and was ready to go! with my look still completely the same as yesterday morning! :) (I know i know bad girl, should have taken off my makeup but I had a busy few days and it never hurted me or breaks me out or anything)
I just wish it would become available in more stores!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kitten27

This product is not finely milled enough and dries out my skin. It's very easy to cake on unless you have almost perfect skin. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mimi87

This is an amazing loose powder. I have it in translucide and it sinks in amazingly to become a part of my skin, making it look so soft and Luminous. It also controls the oil on my t-zone like a dream without looking chalky, and believe me that's difficult! You get an enormous amount for the relatively cheap price and a little goes a long way. The powder itself is really good quality, very finely milled and leaves a luminous finish without any outspoken glitter. HG? all the way! Give this a go ladies, it really is good for your wallets and your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by BelleFemme

When I bought this powder I was afraid that it would be too light for my skin. But it matched nicely and I am really glad that I bought it. I wear it usually after I put on my moisturizer and it works nicely. It is hard to find because I believe its discontinued now, but I found it at Harmon. I got the darkest color and I am really surprised at how great it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TwoBostons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this powder since it came out, and I don't even want to think about how long ago that was! It gives the perfect finish without looking powdery or adding color. Sets foundation nicely. Does not settle into fine lines. Great price, especially as compared to dept store lines. Every time I have decided to spring for a more pricey powder I've regretted it, and have always gone back. There's a lot of product in this container and it lasts forever! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by MissLucyLu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product - much less expensive than my Laura Mercier loose powder and very similar. I'm pretty fair and the Translucent has a very light, fine texture. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I read about this powder here and decided to try it. I had to order it from Drugstore.com, but that's ok. They sent it quickly. I honestly had never used powder before, but I began to read here and see videos on You Tube that explained how setting one's liquid foundation and eye makeup with powder would make it stay on better. So I tried it and very much like the results. I purchased the Translucent powder because I didn't need color, and I am very happy with it. Thanks to all of you for the recommendation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by gdriban

What a great discovery--thanks to MUA! This is my favorite loose powder (over Bare Escentuals, Clinique and Estee Lauder). It disappears on my skin and looks great and NO shimmer! Lasts all day. I only notice the scent when I apply it but it goes away within seconds. Only wish it was easier to find in stores!