April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Lip Gloss - Neutrogena - MoistureShine Lip Soother Cooling Hydragel SPF20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

A friend recommended these after I said I thought I might be getting an allergy to Vitamin E. I think it's great! Maybe not super-fabulous-wonderful, though. But I'll give it a great. The tingle lasts too long and is a bit too strong for my liking. But I love the smell/taste. As for coloration, that's one reason why I knocked it down a lippie - all the colors come out the same, which is clear. No tint at all. I must say, however, that it truly does make my lips very soft and supple for a long time afterwards! Very high marks there, much more than the usual lip product I try. So if you see this on sale, snag one, but maybe don't buy one for full retail price.

*Edit - I LOVE THIS STUFF. It's my new favorite. It's nice and thickly textured, meaning it lasts a long time on me. It still has no color, but that's okay with me. It makes my lips so very soft and full, and I'm completely addicted to its smell now - fruity and sweet. I truly hope somebody has these on sale soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by tuneweaver

Ok, so I bought this at Longs when it was on sale (about $5), so it seemed like it was worth the price. The packaging is really nice, so it looks really cute. It's really sheer though, so there's really no difference in colors. It really thick and sticky when applying it, and it doesn't stay very long. (I guess I lick my lips and drink a lot, so that's probably why). However, I loved the little tingle when I put it on. (Seriously, it doesn't burn if you don't have super sensitive skin.) And it smells and tastes really yummy and fruity. I might not buy it again, but since it's still on sale, I might.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Cherries27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A little too expensive for me... the smell is a little weird... not horrible but not my favorite.. there is no color ( i have "Sheen") Its shiny and cooling and has SPF and those are the only reasons i dont toss it... plus it was $8 next time i will buy 3 or 4 burts bees beeswax lip balm tubes instead

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy these for the SPF 20 and the minty flavor. I have four different colors, and honestly, I can't tell the difference once it is applied to the lips- just the tiniest pink tinge and lots of gloss.

I buy them on sale and have them in the car, purse. My teen daughters "borrow" and I never get them back so pehaps I should add a lippie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bluezinnia

I purchased this in a shade called "Sheen." It looks like a medium to dark, almost red-orange shade in the tube, but when used appears to have virtually no pigment at all. Like many of Neutrogena's lip products, this created a burning sensation on my lips. Funny how they think that is "soothing." I now know not to buy anything from Neutrogena that says "soothing" or "cooling," because those are just euphemisms for "burning/tingling." The packaging, however, is good because the applicator top is angular, which makes it easier to accurately apply than many other squeeze-tube glosses.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:57:00 AM More reviews by abubbagum

I like the feeling of this product, its definetly cooling on your lips and it has SPF in it, the color is subtle, and I just use it as a moisturizer or if I feel like a little shine. The colors are all pretty much the same. My only gripe is after a few months this product turned cloudy. This probably means bacteria= ew. tossed it and I dont really want to spend money on something I cant finish, no matter how nice it feels.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by cristina26

This lip gloss is super-sticky and thick. It does not moisturize very well at all, but it does leave a nice clear shine on your lips for a little while. I also like that it has an spf in it, but it is soooo sticky my hair and anything else that happens to blow by in the wind gets stuck to my lips! YUCK!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't a bad product, it is just so plain. The menthol taste is not too exciting, and no matter what shade you buy it always ends up clear. It is not that moisturizing, either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2007 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

I HATE the way this smells. The packaging is so cute, and love the SPF, but the color is barely there, you could wear chapstick for the same effect at a fraction of the price and a much better smelll!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

This product is ok. I use it sparingly, only because it always finds it way in my mouth and the flavor is not palatable.