New York Color Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/14/2010 12:15:00 AM

Great blush, especially for a drugstore buy. I was a little leery at first b/c it looks like a very girlie Barbie-ish pink in the pan and I'm NC25 Asian. But it looks surprisingly pretty, plus it's nicely pigmented. The screw top lid kind of sucks, but I love the big pan that I can swirl my brush around in. I'd definitely buy again.

on 12/13/2010 7:59:00 PM

This is a nice inexpensive blush. The packaging is pretty bad - the lid doesn't twist or secure in any way and can easily crack, but I guess you get what you pay for. I love the pink color it gives my cheeks and it goes on really nicely with a big puffy brush.

on 12/12/2010 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have had this blush for around a year and a half, and have used it everyday for that time, I just recently acquired a second blush. Even with using it every day, I've barely hit pan, only in the very middle where the the bottom of the pan is raised above the rest. I have very pale skin, and this blush gives me the prettiest rosy glow. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, which will probably be in a couple years, it lasts forever.

Great everday blush...can't beat the price.

on 9/23/2010 11:05:00 AM

Love, love, love, love and did I mention love this product? I am white with brown hair, blue eyes and generally pale, single tone, fair skin. I have a little bit of colour but that's only because of spots and blemishes. This colour wheel is fantastic! It really gives my cheeks a great glow and the combination of shades leaves me looking healthy, not like a pink-cheeked ballet dancer as some other blushes have done. I use a big, fluffy brush and have prominent cheekbones. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks in swirling motions and it stays all day through just about anything.

on 9/9/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Overall I really like this blush. I have been a devoted physician's formula user for several years now, but the price of their products has been steadily increasing for several years now here in Canada (it runs about $18 Cdn. regular price), and I can't seem to justify spending that much on a drugstore product, however great it might be. I find the formulation of this blush almost exact, if not better than, the physicians formula mosaic blush, although I must admit the color payoff of the NYC color wheel blush is actually better. I was also surprised to find that the NYC color wheel contains more than the physicians formula blush, and it is one quarter of the price!!

My only complaint about this product, like many other reviewers have mentioned, it the packaging, which is thin and cheap plastic which will definitely crack long before the product is gone. However, I have had problems with physician's formula's packaging as well- the flip top always ends up breaking off, so I am accustomed to storing my blush in a tupperware container after this point anyways.

I love this blush. I find the staying power to be a little weak, so I use my N.Y.C. Blushable Creme Stick in Plaza Pink under this powder and it creates a gorgeous, natural finish...and helps the powder stay longer. Love this!

on 8/14/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had my doubts about this since I thought NYC's products looked too cheap to be effective.
But it actually looks nice on my skin. Natural looking... Stays for a while too. My complaints are about the flimsy packaging. I can tell if I take it somewhere the blush will crack and crumble and the thin plastic lid will shatter.
I selected "No" to would I buy again, because I want to try their other actual blushes instead of the mosaic wheel thing. I don't see myself running out of this though, unless it breaks.
I like that it brings a lot of product and it looks pretty in the pan.
As another reviewer said though... it tends to get dusty if you swirl your brush in the pan to get all the colors. Cough cough! Other than that, it's definitely bang for your buck. I can't believe I almost spent 10-11 bucks on the Physician's Formula version!

on 8/12/2010 10:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The only reason this product doesn't get 5 Lippies is for the packaging. I don't know why they continue making this product with its horrible lid because it always cracks, falls off, doesn't stay on. Would be a bit better if the plastic top were a screw on top and not just a cover, but whatever.

I love this blush. I like that it's affordable yet it works just as well if not BETTER than some higher end blushes I've used. I used to use NARS blush in Orgasm and I was spending so much for it, and for a mere $5 I get a blush that I think works exactly the same.

I got this one because it had the same tints and colors as the Physician's Formula blush (which I disliked, the color barely came out). So I tried this one and it goes on so nice. A flush of pink, nothing too dark where you look like a clown, natural looking, easy to apply, etc etc.

Nothing bad to say about this one!

on 8/1/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't really look good with blush as I am vampire fair. But if I do want to use blush for some reason - this is the blush I use. I like the whole "Wheel" of colors ( I first saw this with physicians formula ) It goes on a nice blend of colors. It does break easy and crumbles. It's lid does fall off, or if it has a slight crack it won't stay on. It ALWAYS manages to explode and end up all over my makeup bag.
The biggest plus for me was price. Instead of being a cheesy, cheap, 1 tone & cakey blush that other cheap brands offer - this is worth its money. But if you wear blush everyday and depend on it to last, look natural & not break after a week of use- I'd suggest another brand.

Popular Blush Products