Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Splash

3.8

on 6/10/2008 9:23:00 AM

My old roommate wore this, and I thought it smelled nice on her so I went out and bought some.
Big mistake. Turns out, it smells alright if you get a quick whiff - but when you put this stuff on, I agree with the other reviewers, you smell like an old lady. An old lady who took a bath in her old lady perfume. This stuff definitely sticks with you all day, and sticks with everything you come into contact with. My entire closet smelled like this crap after a couple uses.
The bottle is typical for body spray, and has the usual tacky VS design on it, a picture of flowers or something. I'm glad Victoria's Secret is re-doing their packaging, because it's very dated.
I really don't like this stuff at all.

I've been buying this for a while now, and I'm always pleased.
It is a bit strong, so for me a couple of sprays will do.
Lasts a long time and it doesn't smell "old-lady" to me. It smells
quite nice. It is actually one of my favorite perfumes out of Victoria's
Secret. Not head-aching to me at all.

on 4/24/2008 2:17:00 PM

I like this scent when I'm going out. It's a very sexy scent! With warm vanilla, carmel and a touch of amber. It turns sweet on me and I like sweet scents. I love it I don't wear it during the day I wear love spell during the day. I don't think it smells like an old lady since I wear it and I'm not old. Rose perfumes remind me of old ladies. I love this scent!

on 4/15/2008 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think some of the past opinions on this scent are accurate when it comes to the true scent of amber romance. I have a problem in general with popular perfumes in America.. They are either fruity floral headaches, or a basic soap scented perfume with zero personality. I don't know when it happened... but everyone has gotten so stuck on never "offending" anyone, that they have a completely boring personality in perfumes and fragrance. I don't believe in being politically correct, or catering to the current trend in perfume. This does not smell like an old lady, which is an overused term by those who do not know most of the English language. Pick a new one. Amber romance.. is actually light for an amber scent. For example, It is not the same amber used in Prada perfume. This is a light, basic ambery sandalwood that fades into a nice skin scent.

on 4/5/2008 12:36:00 AM

I got this as a gift......& i feel bad but i cannot tolerate the scent even if you paid me. i absolutely agree with the previous reviewer & i'll be blunt about it.......it smells like old women.....old women who get their hair done short & poofy, use baby oil to tan on the beach, wear bright makeup, smoke capris & virginia slim lights & have the voice of Harvey Fierstein. It's that horrible musky smell....I do not have a weak stomach, but this is definitely a scent that makes me literally gag.

on 3/26/2008 7:02:00 PM

This is such a nice scent that I overlooked and underestimated for years! I like how this is a musky type of scent, but it is also fresh due to the black cherry that stands out in this fragrance. People who like deep scents like me are likely to appreciate this fragrance, and this is quite light for a musky fragrance. Lasting power is very good though, especially for a body spray. If you are only used to fruity, light scents, then you might call this "old lady" or have a hard time getting used to Amber Romance. To me, this fragrance reminds me of autumn: crisp, comforting, soothing. I especially love wearing this in cold weather, but it can be worn at any time. Amber Romance is the most sophisticated Secret Garden scent, in my opinion, along with my favorite (Vanilla Lace). It is at such a great prize for the quality too.

on 3/3/2008 7:59:00 PM

This is a very warm vanilla scent with hints of amber.I'd probably describe as more 'sexy'? than pretty. The scent itself doesn't last very long however but if you buy the big bottles,they're probably gonna last forever.

love love love this fragrance its so much better than BBW sensual amber!!!!!! this is a warm scent that smells like vanilla cream, amber, caramel, cinnamon/nutmeg (a little bit), and a slight chocolate cherry note. its a really sexy scent (my bf loves when i wear this) and i will most definitely buy again!!!!

on 1/26/2008 1:27:00 AM

This is a very nice, classic, warm scent. I've been wearing it since I was about 15, so for a few years now. It's mainly something that I would wear during the fall season, because of it's slightly musky undertones, but it is a very pleasing fragrance.

on 1/3/2008 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm sorry but I just can't stomach this smell. It gives me a headache!

Popular Fragrances