April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by AZPOCO

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color and finish, but what strange packaging. It is so impossibly difficult to get at the powder. If you shake the container to the side, it's possible to get enough product to put on your brush, but an equal amount goes into the sink. The brush that is part of the container is worthless. But, the powder itself is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Darkeyedredhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product because a beloved (and more expensive) loose powder I'd used for 8 years stopped being produced. I have VERY SENSITIVE SKIN (redhead!), and have issues with oily-ness yet due to being over 40, am starting to get some crepey-ness on my forehead. I wanted something light, loose, good for my skin, would let it 'breathe', and in the color I needed ('Translucent Light'). The packaging is not the best; however, I just dumped the powder into the container of my 'other' beloved powder's empty container; and yes I agree the brush is worthless; so what I did was buy a poofy puff to apply the loose powder (you can get them at any drugstore, just a round white fluffy puff). I never use brushes, only the floofy puffs. The color looked darker than my other powder; however, but it works well on my skin (I have a sort of yellow pallor sometimes, yellowish-pink Irish skin!). The main thing I like about this powder is it's got a marvelous 'dewy' finish. My other powder left me totally MATTE; the rest of my body would glow and look dewy, but my face, totally matte. THIS solved that problem! It does NOT look oily, even after 6 to 8 hours of wear; it stays on, even through sweating (our temps topped 104 degrees and it did not sweat off). I only apply it ONCE in the morning using the puff, and VERY lightly. After cleansing and toning and using a very lightly tinted moisturizer with SPF 15, this goes on afterwards, just patting very lightly. It 'seals' the lotion and truly stays on, and does not cause any creases or anything that loose powders sometimes do. SO, if you want to give it a shot, I recommend pouring the powder into another container with a shaker-style top (this one has a shaker style but it is too small), and get yourself a fluffy puff to apply it with; apply it VERY sparingly; it truly does go a long way! I am 6 days into wearing it and have no issues with acne or clogging, and my skin as I said... sensitive and picky. I will buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful packaging.... hopeless brush and the domed top is also less then ideal. As for the actual product itslef; the lightest colour was far too dark and gave a chalky orange finish that was far from natural. Not impressed

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by FrozenLips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After using the powder foundation more and trying others, I came to the realization that this isn't as great of a product as I put it out to be. It actually provides just a sheer coverage; it doesn't give me that soft focus, full-coverage effect that another powder I been testing has. The staying power is kind of hard to determine, since when you put this on you don't notice a difference. The only thing I come to like about the product is probably the color, like I said below "Buff Beige" is a perfect NC15/NC20 shade with yellow undertones. I dislike the packaging as well. It comes in a bulky oval-shaped container that is not great for traveling at all.

This mineral powder foundation is surprisingly great! It has light to light-medium coverage. It has good lasting power for a powder foundation. The color I choose was "Buff Biege". I'm an NC20 and that color matches me great; it has yellow undertones. I did try "Sand Biege" prior to trying "Buff Biege" but that one had more pinker undertones. This doesn't have any shimmer, and doesn't make me look shiny, unlike the L'oreal Bare Naturale Mineral powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

This product makes me very sad, because it gave me the coverage and finish i wanted, but my skin did not seem to like it, because I broke out from it within the first 5 hours of usage. So for ratings, 5/5 for coverage and finish, as well as colour (i chose translucent medium and am nc20-25 in mac for reference), but only around a 2.5/5 for overall because It broke me out.
The price I paid for this, after taxes, was a little over $16. It seems pricey for a drug-store product, but you get 14g.

The packaging isnt the best, because it is quite bulky, but to me, the product is what counts. I think it may be the boron nitrite that messed up my skin (i'm not sure though, because i've never used a face product with this ingredient until now), but def i'm disapointed because after much searching I thought I had finally found my everyday foundation and powder.

The finishing is not completely matte, but not shinery or even dewy...i'd say something between matte and dewy, def a gorgeous finish. In terms of coverage, although I could still see my acne scars (without the use of my studio finish concealer or glamoflauge), it evened
out my skin and gave me a sort of airbrushed look (I applied it with my favorite brush, the ecotools bronzer brush). It did cake a tiny bit, but unless someone stares at you very closely, it is not noticeable.

I have combo oily/dry skin (oily t-zone, dry rest of the face) and as long as I moisturised, this powder did not stick to flakies or anything like that....ugh I wish it had worked for me. I will probably end up trying it again in a few days/weeks to make sure that it does break me out before I chuck this/give it away. It's a bit disappointing that PF would stated that it's "non-comedogenic" when it did break me and a few others out (I understand everyone's skin is different, but if it does break some people out, then it is not truly "non-comedogenic").

I still recommend this, but try it on a small area of your face first! Happy shopping :) (also, if you dont have the ecotools bronzer brush yet..GO GET THAT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The packaging is so bad on this product, it is almost impossible to use. There is a clear dome on top, which opens to store the brush. The brush is one of the scratchiest things I have ever felt on my face, it is actually painful. The brush attaches to a second cap, which opens to reveal a sifter through which the product dispenses. The problem is the cap fits into the sifter, so there is no way to shake out a bit of the product to apply. You either have to try to shake it out with the cap open (disaster), shake it into the dome (messy and wasteful), or open the entire package and use it loose from the jar.

The actual product is mediocre for a setting powder, but certainly not suitable as a foundation. It provides little coverage, perhaps reduce some redness or provide some evening of complexion, that's about it. It fluffs everywhere during the process of buffing it in, I think I wore more on my shirt than on my face. I only used it twice, because it was so difficult to use due to the packaging, and I had purchased it as a powder foundation, which is was not.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lindadomini

My first stint with mineral foundation. Had high hopes with Physician's Formula but this one didn't do it for me.

Accentuated creases and dry patches. Was messy... as with most mineral foundations.

The mini-kabuki brush that came with it seemed to provide maximum coverage which made the foundation thick, cakey, and super dry. I liked the domed cover which is nice to put foundation in but then all the foundation culminated in the center, which just added to the thick and cakey application process.

Without primer, the foundation had no staying power. Within a matter of 2-3 hours after application, my semi-oily face began to take its toll on the makeup. There was no staying power. Foundation came right off with a swipe of a brush or hand or tissue.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by healthyglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder, especially for summer. A sheer layer will make my skin look almost flawless, but too much will be cakey. It doesn't provide much coverage however, but it hides most of my redness and some of my under eye circles. I recommend this. It doesn't break me out and lasts a long time without greasing and sliding off. One thing I dislike is that it's pretty messy. But loose powder foundations always messy. And the packaging isn't very good. The top cap keeps coming off and then the brush gets out. The brush is pretty good, I use it often. And it feels like there's nothing on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Yzyz

I wish I could rate this a 4.5/5 since it would be a 5/5 without the packaging issue. However it is annoying enough for me to take off credits from the product itself.

This powder definitely matches my requirements for a good loose powder. It is translucent enough to look more natural than using mineral loose powder foundation, pressed powder, baked powder,etc.
I have acne-prone skin. On good skin days, a sheer layer of this powder on top of some sheer concealer is perfect for my skin since it mattifies it while giving it a healthy glow.When my skin is breaking out, I need to heavier amount of this powder on. When putting a bit more than a sheer layer, it gives beautiful sheer coverage that is just enough to minimize any redness peaking through my foundation. It does not CONCEAL and despite its premises, it's definitely not a powder that has a foundation's coverage. It simply mattifies and minize a small amount of redness. This keeps the skin natural looking. Though, whenever I apply too much, it can look kinda powdery and i usually just spray some water on my face and let it sit. It would minimize the powdery effect and give a natural glow.

This powder is smooth but not velvety. Does not look cakey and matches skincolor perfectly. Perfect finishing coat for base makeup since it balances out the color, the texture and the finish of the whole thing.

Very versatile. Could set makeup using a sheer coat and fluffy powder brush, could be used as a sheer-coverage foundation when using a kabuki brush and spraying the brush with some water first, could dab it to set concealer alone with smaller brush and so on. Love it

Definitely my favorite loose powder and i will not apply pressed powder or powder foundation anymore! REPURCHASE!

One start down for its packaging though. The lid doesn't close very securely and could easily open when you carry it around in your purse or luggage only to end up in a hot mess. Can't bring this with me out or on a trip, unfortunately. A good replacement for this on a trip would be M.A.C's skinfinish baked powder in natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ryanneash95x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I was looking for a more loose powder because i was hating my liquid foundation and powder on top routine. But the powder i used was Physicians formula and i knew i liked it. I wanted something more lighter on my face and i was looking towards Bare Minerals and i didn't find a shade i liked, since i had already used PF i knew what shade i was. and I LOOOOOVE THIS LOOSE POWDER. It stays on all day and it really gives you a good coverage with a light on your skin feeling. I highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try a loose powder that is cheaper the spending $26 on Bare Minerals when you can spend 12 bucks on a loose powder with more in it.