Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 2/14/2015 9:33:00 AM

I purchased this after seeing KathleenLights rave about it. I have a similar skin type to her (dry, sensitive) so I thought it would work for me.

I mixed it with Apple Cider Vinegar, and at fist only applied to to a few spots on my forehead where I have some acne. After 30 minutes I took it off fairly easily. (Just press a washcloth on to the mask, then gently rub it away).

My skin was red after removing it, but the redness completely disappeared after about an hour. I then put the mask on the rest of my face. Afterwards my skin felt smooth and toned. My pores were also slightly less visible. It also has made some spots on my face less red/angry. I didn't see anything "miracle" like with this mask, but my skin is not that problematic to begin with.

I will update this in a week after I have used it a few more times.

on 2/11/2015 12:46:00 AM

This mask is amazing! I can feel it tightening as it dries, and it helps make my pores look smaller while softening and smoothing my skin. It is drying, though, so don't use it 2 days in a row, and make sure you use moisturizer!

on 2/8/2015 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This mask was a godsend. I used to use Glamglow Superclearing mask to sort out my acne-prone skin, but this works much better for the price. You do have to make a little concoction and mix this mask with apple cider vinegar (which does not smell good, I might add), but it's totally worth it because this mask really draws the "impurities" out. I am a freshman in college and my roomates and I use this mask usually once every week or two weeks together and we always talk about how smooth our faces feel after we take it off. It is really hard to remove, however. Sometimes, if I have a clogged pore that is a little harder to squeeze out (tmi, sorry), this mask will draw it halfway out and I can actually see the blackhead coming out of my face when I take the mask off, and then I can finally remove it myself! Overall, this mask is essential if you have acne prone or oily skin and I highly recommend it. You can buy it online, or at most health food stores like Jimbos or Whole Foods.

I have been suffering from pretty bad acne for the last year due to hormonal problems. I never had acne as a teenager aside from the tiny pimple or two when I got my period. I had perfect skin until I turned 29. I have used almost everything you can think of for acne. I have been put on the antibiotics, the creams, the gels, and even Accutane. I have a review on Accutane you guys should really read. I am currently on Spironalactone. I have just started this week, so I can't give a solid review on it.

I bought this Aztec Healing Clay for about $10, and that includes shipping (It's larger than the one pictured). It's a green powder. The directions say to use Apple Cider Vinegar with it, due to both the clay and the ACV drawing out all the toxins out of your skin. But, you can use just water if you like. THIS STUFF WORKS. It is practically the only thing that has helped bring down the inflammation and size of my pimples. It literally draws everything out of my skin. When I wipe the clay off my skin after sitting for 30 mins, pimples have come to a head, whiteheads are pulled out, and blackheads are all but extracted and gone. (Sorry for the TMI guys, but there's only one way to describe this, so you understand how amazing this clay is). You would think this stuff would dry your skin out to high heaven considering what it does to your pimples, but it leaves you skin SMOOTH. I don't use a moisturizer afterwards. No need. Since using this 2-3 times a week my skin still has some problems, but the redness and inflammation is all but gone.

I will use this until it is no longer sold. If you find a gem like this, you don't need anything else because this is doing exactly what I need it to do. Best part, it's completely natural. Literally, nothing but Aztec clay in there. I highly suggest everyone give this a go. You don't even need acne in order to use it. It just makes my skin, overall, the best skin I've had in over a year. :)

on 2/4/2015 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Amazing! I tried this after reading the excellent reviews here and on Amazon and, having just finished my first tub, haven't been disappointed. Like others have said, it feels continuously tighter as you wear it, and I find that the longer I leave it on, the redder my face looks after I wash it off. Unlike others, I don't -- and never have -- experience breakouts after using the product, which I mix with plain tap water and apply once a week. My pores appear smaller, my skin tone looks a little more even and my face feels softer since using this mask. For the price, it can't be beat!

on 2/2/2015 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I was surprised how much I like this. I have dry skin and mixed this with honey and warm water instead of just water (you could also use milk). I made a sticky mess, but the results were nice. I mixed it up in a plastic dish and painted it on with a large makeup brush for added luxury. Since my skin is drier and I live in a dry climate, I think it would have been too drying if I hadn't used the honey, which is a humectant. You could also try mashing this up with an avocado. That will provide nice results as well.

on 2/2/2015 4:56:00 AM

I bought this off of Amazon a while ago, used it a few times inconsistently and threw it somewhere in my messy closet. While moving, I found it and decided to give it another try. Here is my experience:

The first time around, as I mentioned above, I was inconsistent. I would break out from the initial purge due to clogged pores, then continue to break out with my regular breakouts. I used it with regular ACV.

The second time around, I used it for 3 nights in a row, and left it on for close to one hour. It was extremely uncomfortable due to the tightening effect of the mask drying. This time, I used organic, unfiltered ACV (I dont think it makes a HUGE difference, but of course you will get more benefits by using the unfiltered version of ACV). My face was pink a bit but I was going to bed any ways. The next day, I woke up with 2 or three white heads. I decided to use it as a spot treatment and left that on all day since I was home. Now here is where I screwed up. * DO NOT peel it off your pimples/white heads/skin when the mask dries !* Doing this only ripped the delicate skin on the pimple and the puss leaked (sorry for the gross tmi, but I want to warn you not to do the same!). Instead, use a hot cloth and VERY gently pat it a million times until it comes off. Or make your life easier, and just shower. The steam helps, and you don't need to scrub; the shower head will do it for you, you just need to face the water.

I then used it once a week, with great results. It makes my skin smooth and glow. It helps with my acne, but doesn't completely eliminate them so Im now trying MUAC's Mandelic Acid Peel (which I will review after some use).

I would recommend using a generous layer, and not being skimpy with it (I noticed less benefits/glow if I used a tiny bit compared to a generous amount).

Now this might sound crazy, but hear me out.

Use this clay as a cleanse. Seriously. One tsp mixed with a cup (or 3) of water on a preferably empty stomach. I tried the lemon drink, but it didnt do much for me. I have read amazing things online about it, and thought it was fake. I tried it. I do not have problems with irregular bowl movements, but apparently it should help with that. I used it to help with my acne from the inside, as well as help my body a bit with a gentle cleanse. Yes, I know your body dosen't need your help but this is very very gentle and natural.

It gave me more energy, and I felt more alert. You dont really have anything to lose if you try it. I felt gross and sluggish for a few days after starting, that's just the detox phase. Continue using it and hopefully it helps! My skin is getting clearer by the day.

* Don't take within 2 hours of other medication, and wait preferably one hour before/after a meal *

on 2/1/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The price is amazing!!! I use it once a week, really makes your skin soft and cleans out your pores. Definitely worth investing in. Got mine at whole foods.

on 1/28/2015 10:38:00 AM

HOLY WOW this stuff is AMAZING! First off, I have dry and sensitive skin, but this still works great on me and doesnt dry my skin out if I only use it 1-2 times per week. Obviously if you use it every other day, you might start to get dried out if you don't moisturize.

The more liquid you add to this mask, the less painful it is when it dries (I never found it that painful!!) I use this with apple cider vinegar and sometimes add half a pill of activated charcoal too, which also makes the mask softer and less dry/crackly when it dries.
Adding slightly more vinegar and some activated charcoal are both tips for people who feel like this mask is too harsh, dry, or painful.

This stuff really improves my skin and brings out breakouts before they happen, and the ACV evens my skin tone. I can't lIVE without doing this at least once a week and even bring it on vacation.

If you have sensitive or dry skin, limit yourself to using it once or twice a week, and add more liquid to the mask so that it isn't chunky or dry (which makes it painful) and try to add some activated charcoal.

I will leave this on normally for 1-2 hours and it never hurts!

IMPORTANT FOR REMOVAL: This stuff clogs drains so be careful to flush with hot water down the sink for a few minutes! Also, Take this off in the SHOWER. If you try to do it at a sink, it won't work. Because it needs to soak in warm water in the shower to come off easily.

on 1/25/2015 7:15:00 PM

This is a great mask! It helps heal and prevent pimples, control oiliness, and even out skin complexion. I have been using it once a week for the past month, and my skin looks really great. Even during my time of the month I didn't get any breakouts! After doing this mask, my skin feels very soft, and my patches and oily patches even out. Once a week is enough to maintain the benefits.
Here's how I use this mask:
First I wash my face with my gentle cleanser. I mix the mask with a little bit apple cider vinegar and some water until it is smooth. I apply it all over my face using my fingers. After about 20-30 minutes I wash it off with warm water while gently exfoliating my skin with my fingers to remove and dead/dry skin. Then after its completely washed away I pat my face dry. My face only gets slightly red around my hairline. My skin looks and feels soft and smooth right after! I wait about 15 minutes then apply any treatment or moisturizer.
Great product.