April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 5:51:00 AM More reviews by exquisitefame

I'm one of those pigment converts who find it hard to go back to pressed powder eyeshadows again. Having tried pigments from a few brands, MAC's is definitely far above the rest in terms of pigmentation, lasting power, and available colours. I've only got sample size of about 20 colours so far and all of them last forever because just a tiny bit goes a long way. MAC pigments are the way to go!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by hothippiechick

i am soooo disappointed in the product. not to say that it's bad, it's just that i had an allergic reaction to this product, even the pigments that were safe for eye application. and that's too bad; i loved the colors, the way they looked on my eyes, i loved it loved it loved it. however, that being said i give mac's customer service all the stars i possibly can. i was given a refund and questionaire to fill out regarding my experience. so very professional. they even offered to reimburse my medical expenses!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2006 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own around 10 of these pigments and like another reviewer has said before there's absolutely no turning back for pressed powder shadows in a pot !! Makeup Forever has something very similar, its called Star Powder , its a bit more glittery and just as good as the MAC ones but when it comes to colour, MAC is definitely MUCH MUCH MUCH more funkier. Take Old Gold for instance, its green with a red undertone ; or Blue Brown, that's basically brown with a blue undetone isn't that gawgus !!?? Every shade has its uniqueness in there no matter how subtle or ordinary it may seemed in the pot. Comes in a wide colour range, stays put throughout the day even in hot humid weather, doesn't crease at all its perfect ! A pot will probably last you a lifetime and be warned, these evil little pots are highly addictive !! A lot of reviewers complained that it could get messy during application , the trick is to use a sponge tip applicator, dip into the pot, shake off excess on the lid, and the sponge will hold on to the pigment and transfer everything onto your eyelids without falling on your cheek/face. And it gives a much more intense look than using an ordinary brush.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2006 5:51:00 AM More reviews by generaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Careful ladies. Be advised that some MAC Pigments are NOT safe for use around the eyes and lips because the dyes in certain Pigment powder shades are serious potential irritants. Anyone who wants to know for sure which are safe and which aren't should go here: http://www.precautions.specktra.net/faq.html. It's a webpage managed by a makeup artist and run though a MAC discussion board similar to this one called spektra.net. PLEASE check on the safety of a certain color before putting it near your eyes and/or lips. I luckily didn't learn the hard way, but some women on spektra have and their posts about itchy, burning eyes and inflamed patches on the eyelids are downright scary. Not all colors are unsafe for eye/lips, just certain colors, in some cases, certain batches of certain colors. Not to sound alarmist, but better safe then sorry.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am currently on a wild and completely reckless pursuit of MAC pigments, and absolutely adore them. I have owned one in Violet for a couple of years, and suddenly, my internal editing system went down and I purchased 10 more full jars on ebay and a couple on the MAC site itself. Personally, I don't mind the packaging, although it is surely a lifetime supply. I wash my face and hands before applying, and touch the tip of my little finger to the inside of the jar lid, applying directly to my eyelid with my fingertip. The pigments are so rich in color that a tiny bit suffices. And for those wondering whether a 1/4 tsp sample is worth the investment, it actually is a lovely amount. For some of the more obscure shades especially, it's great. On top of my full jars, I wanted to try Dark Soul and Olive Green, and the 5 gram jars are more than enough. They will last through many applications.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by unboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing value, a jar will last you a lifetime. Samples are probably a better way to go unless you plan on using it all over your body or something. Highly pigmented, doesn't crease and stays put. My only gripe is the packaging - impossible to apply on the go and I am constantly spilling bits of it all over the place.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 8:56:00 AM More reviews by lucycoo

I recently bought MAC Pigment in Melon and am really impressed with it. It glides on smoothly and you can build up the intensity as much as you like. I tend to wear it over MAC's Chrome Yellow eyeshadow which is matt, to give the look a sparkly effect. It doesn't crease and stays put so be careful when you apply it. My only beef with this product is that is can be difficult to apply you have to be really careful not to spill it. I would recommend dipping a wide eyeshadow brush into the pot and patting off any excess into the lid to stop the power sprinkling off onto your cheeks etc when applying to your eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 7:12:00 AM More reviews by ruhin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very sceptical about Pigments at first; having been (formerly) a complete drugstore girl, I didn't think they were worth the price. But I have to say that I was absolutely wrong; Pigments are fantastic!

WHAT THEY ARE: For those of you who don't know, Pigments are very pigmented, very shimmery, highly-concentrated loose powders that can be used just about anywhere. They are very blendable and provide more colour than any other eye shadow I've seen. For somebody like me, who experiments with lots of different looks, some very sheer and some very intense, and loves shimmer, Pigments are absolutely perfect.

COLOURS: While I could wish there were more blues and greens, there's something for everybody in the colour selection. Most of the colours are very flattering on my dark MMM skin and on any skin tone, I would imagine, since you can control the intensity of the Pigments. Also, I believe MAC is launching some lovely new shades this summer. For more information, please visit www.specktra.net.

The safest colour to get is probably Vanilla, as it's incredibly versatile and flatters most skin tones.

PACKAGING: The packaging is both a curse and a boon. There's nothing to stop the powder from going all over the place, on your face and on tables, beds etc. Using a brush does help, though. The great thing about the packaging is the amount you get; seriously, it's huge! You need very little, really, so that jar will probably last you about a lifetime. Many people prefer to get samples, as it's hard to use up the entire jar. But the quantity really does justify the price; you get your money's worth.

To conclude, I have to say that Pigments have become my favourite eye shadows. I have seriously never seen anything to beat them. I have only three right now, but I am slowly and surely building my collection. A big thumbs up to MAC for creating this great product! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Batester91

The pigments are fantastic! I got hooked on them from some girls at work and I can't see going back to using pressed powders. I never bought a full jar of a pigment because its just WAY too much to ever use in a lifetime. There are so so many colors. I would recommend just buying samples unless you plan to use the jars in swaps. Also a good trick is applying them wet with a saline solution to get a bolder darker look that really lasts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past I owned several BE glimmers, which I though were cheaper versions of Mac Pigments. Boy, was I wrong. While I still do think that pigments are somewhat overrated, expensive, and not very klutz friendly, they are so, so much smoother and more finely milled than BE Glimmers. Maybe it was the particular shades I tried (Summer, 1980's, 1990's), but if I had to recommend one of the two, I'd go with Mac pigments (unless you're allergic and need something mineral based).