Oatmeal Mask

Price: $

INCI: Water/Aqua, Avena Sativa (Oat) Flour, Mel (Honey), Tocopheryl Acetate

on 3/8/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe how less reviews oatmeal has!!!! It's so much better than all the other products that has thousands of reviews! It is a miracle worker! I usually have oily skin and heaps of acne, just generally really bad, but since I started using oatmeal my skin has been a lot less oily and less pimples form. I use it as a mask and a cleanser in the morning to absorb my oil. It's generally a excellent product that is natural, cheap and effective!

oatmeal masks draw out all of the imperfections in the skin and leave it supple and moist afterwards. i leave it on for about 20 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water. i love the way my face feels after and can't get enough of it. after a few weeks of using you can see a difference in texture and softness.

on 2/26/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The most perfect cleanser I have found! It thoroughly cleanses without stripping, and has a mild vacuum effect on pores. An un-messy way to use it: put the oats in a "nut milk bag" (available from Whole Foods or online), set the bag into a bowl, add amount of very warm water to bowl (equal to the amount of oats, i.e. 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water), then squeeze submerged oat filled bag into the water, discard contents of bag (spent oats). You should end up with an oat milk. It has an almost silky texture and is a pleasure to use!

on 2/26/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

How could I forget to write a review about one of my favourite natural HG item - oatmeal!!
My skin is sensitive type, easily get rashes and whiteheads if it does not like something I apply on it. Well, oats is definitely in the 'love' category.

I powder the oats and mix it with milk powder and some rose-water (or milk). Sometimes I may add jojoba oil or another oil carrier too, with a pinch of turmeric. Sometimes I add lavender water or sandalwood powder or egg-white. The variations are limitless.
I use this mixture as a scrub or a masque. It is definitely messy and as it dries, it gets even messier to remove. It can stick to the hairline or eyelashes, etc....BUT it soothes like no other skin product. I may get some reddening of the facial skin, but only if I scrub or massage zealously. If I use the 'pat' technique to apply and rinse the scrub in a gentle manner, it really works.

I also love the milky/earthy smell of oatmeal. Gives a baby-scent. Oatmeal is one of the de-facto items I use on my skin, if I have a sunburn.
After an oatmeal treatment, my skin is left soft, soothed and happy. Move over Aveeno, real oatmeal is the thing!

on 2/12/2013 11:00:00 PM

OMG. Oatmeal is great. I have the WORST skin type. My skin is oily, extremely acne-prone, with incredibly large pores. I wanted to stop using my acne medication because I didn't want to put harsh chemicals on my face. Oatmeal is the perfect alternative! I take a handful of rolled oats, run it under water while keeping it clenched in the hand, and wet it a little more with a few drops of water. After it is mushy, I rub it all over my face, trying to get as much oatmeal on my face as possible. Then I wash off with warm water. After I rinse, my skin feels SO soft. And I have to say, it has been controlling the shine well. (I haven't been using it in the summer but it works well during the winter time).

When I don't use my acne cream, my skin usually breaks out like crazy with large cystic acne and smaller bumps. I've tried proactive and murad. They don't work at all. I see new pimples form every day. BUT, when I started washing my face with oatmeal twice a day, it has been controlling it better than those two acne products. Some new pimples do form, but they do not last as long and are not as inflamed. My skin seems brighter and feels better. I do use another face wash (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub) at night to clean my skin better, and usually follow with oatmeal.

If you're hesitant to try it, I urge you to! It's affordable and it works for me :)

on 1/25/2013 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

When all else fail, use oatmeal mask! That is my motto. I love to dabble with skincare products here and there (american, asian etc u name it). But when i'm sick or my skin is acting, looking dull , or just being extra sensitive, it's OATMEAL that came to the rescue. Oatmeal is moisturizing, it has saponins that cleanses your skin, and oat beta-glucan to hold water and act as a protective barrier to your skin. If you have wash your face with oatmeal, you'll notice that thin, smooth barrier feel afterward on your skin and should thanks oat beta-glucan for it :) You can't go wrong with it.

on 12/30/2012 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This feels great massaged into the face. The milk from the oats is so soothing and the oats provide a nice scub. I haven't used this long enough to see an effect on my break outs, but my skin feels super soft directly after.

on 12/30/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Really do enjoy using this as a face wash.. but it doesn't keep pimples/breakouts away..
I blend it in a coffee grinder with some brown sugar and veranda tea leaves.. thn I will put half a tsp in a bowl and put a lil bit of water in it to soften it. Then using the silicone brush (which comes with Loreal cleansers) rub it all over my face and neck. Leave it on for about a few minutes. Rinse off and tone moisterize and I'm done.
I do like it.. makes my skin look more even toned but I wish it helped with acne. I'm still using it tho, in conjuction with some other products.

on 12/18/2012 6:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I don't break out often, but this broke me out and I'm still dealing with the aftermath... Wanted to love it, but just didnt work for me :(

on 12/16/2012 8:28:00 PM

This is my HG HG HG product!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm even contemplating getting "OATMEAL" tattooed on my heart!
I have some scars, an oily forehead and dry cheeks and cleaning my face with oatmeal morning and night has cleared up my complexion and I am not nearly as oily as I used to be. My complexion is perfect! Even my scars are so much less visible... I cant believe the power of oatmeal! Anti-inflammatory, cleanser, softener.. what else!!!!!! Thank Heavens for Oatmeal! :D

Popular Masks