December 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

How could I forget to write a review about one of my favourite natural HG item - oatmeal!!
My skin is sensitive type, easily get rashes and whiteheads if it does not like something I apply on it. Well, oats is definitely in the 'love' category.

I powder the oats and mix it with milk powder and some rose-water (or milk). Sometimes I may add jojoba oil or another oil carrier too, with a pinch of turmeric. Sometimes I add lavender water or sandalwood powder or egg-white. The variations are limitless.
I use this mixture as a scrub or a masque. It is definitely messy and as it dries, it gets even messier to remove. It can stick to the hairline or eyelashes, etc....BUT it soothes like no other skin product. I may get some reddening of the facial skin, but only if I scrub or massage zealously. If I use the 'pat' technique to apply and rinse the scrub in a gentle manner, it really works.

I also love the milky/earthy smell of oatmeal. Gives a baby-scent. Oatmeal is one of the de-facto items I use on my skin, if I have a sunburn.
After an oatmeal treatment, my skin is left soft, soothed and happy. Move over Aveeno, real oatmeal is the thing!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

OMG. Oatmeal is great. I have the WORST skin type. My skin is oily, extremely acne-prone, with incredibly large pores. I wanted to stop using my acne medication because I didn't want to put harsh chemicals on my face. Oatmeal is the perfect alternative! I take a handful of rolled oats, run it under water while keeping it clenched in the hand, and wet it a little more with a few drops of water. After it is mushy, I rub it all over my face, trying to get as much oatmeal on my face as possible. Then I wash off with warm water. After I rinse, my skin feels SO soft. And I have to say, it has been controlling the shine well. (I haven't been using it in the summer but it works well during the winter time).

When I don't use my acne cream, my skin usually breaks out like crazy with large cystic acne and smaller bumps. I've tried proactive and murad. They don't work at all. I see new pimples form every day. BUT, when I started washing my face with oatmeal twice a day, it has been controlling it better than those two acne products. Some new pimples do form, but they do not last as long and are not as inflamed. My skin seems brighter and feels better. I do use another face wash (Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub) at night to clean my skin better, and usually follow with oatmeal.

If you're hesitant to try it, I urge you to! It's affordable and it works for me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When all else fail, use oatmeal mask! That is my motto. I love to dabble with skincare products here and there (american, asian etc u name it). But when i'm sick or my skin is acting, looking dull , or just being extra sensitive, it's OATMEAL that came to the rescue. Oatmeal is moisturizing, it has saponins that cleanses your skin, and oat beta-glucan to hold water and act as a protective barrier to your skin. If you have wash your face with oatmeal, you'll notice that thin, smooth barrier feel afterward on your skin and should thanks oat beta-glucan for it :) You can't go wrong with it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This feels great massaged into the face. The milk from the oats is so soothing and the oats provide a nice scub. I haven't used this long enough to see an effect on my break outs, but my skin feels super soft directly after.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by sugarluv91

Really do enjoy using this as a face wash.. but it doesn't keep pimples/breakouts away..
I blend it in a coffee grinder with some brown sugar and veranda tea leaves.. thn I will put half a tsp in a bowl and put a lil bit of water in it to soften it. Then using the silicone brush (which comes with Loreal cleansers) rub it all over my face and neck. Leave it on for about a few minutes. Rinse off and tone moisterize and I'm done.
I do like it.. makes my skin look more even toned but I wish it helped with acne. I'm still using it tho, in conjuction with some other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by azzy221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't break out often, but this broke me out and I'm still dealing with the aftermath... Wanted to love it, but just didnt work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

This is my HG HG HG product!!! ♥♥♥♥♥ I'm even contemplating getting "OATMEAL" tattooed on my heart!
I have some scars, an oily forehead and dry cheeks and cleaning my face with oatmeal morning and night has cleared up my complexion and I am not nearly as oily as I used to be. My complexion is perfect! Even my scars are so much less visible... I cant believe the power of oatmeal! Anti-inflammatory, cleanser, softener.. what else!!!!!! Thank Heavens for Oatmeal! :D

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne-prone, redness-prone skin, and I use oats to cleanse my face at least once a day. I just buy a bag of normal oats and tip a handful into a little bowl, then mix with warm water. I swish it around a bit to soften the oats and make the water milky. I just smooth this mixture over my face just as I would any other cleanser and wash away with warm water. It leaves my skin calmer, much less red, and helps dark spots to disappear. If I stop using oats for a while my skin really shows it's not happy!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love using oatmeal! It helps my face feel so much more refreshed, and it calms down irritation. my face feels softer and brighter after using it. I absolutely love oatmeal for so many things, except eating

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by chinney

This is amazing! I used oatmeal alone in the morning. At night, I remove my make up using olive oil and wash my face with my hada labo cleanser, then i use oatmeal last to cleanse my face. It is soooooo good. I haven't gotten any new pimples AT ALL. I'm pimple prone almost every week i get new pimples. But ever since using oatmeal as a facial cleanser my skin has improved so much! You really gotta try it! Can't really see effects on it lightening scars though.

But anw, this is too good to be true for the price you pay. And i love the smell!!!