October 25, 2014 | 1641 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Bianca910318

when i first tried chocolovers i was revolted. it smelled so much like actual chocolate. eventually i tried it again and really liked the drydown. it's so deliciously sweet and smells like heaven, however i think this is one of those fragrances that you can get sick of really fast, and i would kind of be embarrassed of wearing it out in public.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. The chocolate is great, but it's the praline in it that drives me insane. Insane as in wanting to eat about ten bars of Heath chocolate bars. I want a full bottle of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

I guess people either love or hate this product. I personally love this fragrance. It is one of the few that actually works well with my body chemistry. Most light, sweet fruity scents evaporate on me but chocolate lovers is spicy and musky enough to last. It is definately a sexy fragrance though so not for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck, usually I'm a bit more lenient on perfumes I don't like, but this one is a solid no for me. I really don't think chocolate is meant for wearing. This is one scent that I can't even stand smelling on someone else! When I first sprayed it, I got a huge burst of what seemed to be Nutella... chocolatey hazelnut. I love Nutella, but honestly, I wouldn't want to wear it :) But I sure do loooove Pink Sugar.

Notes as mentioned on Sephora:
Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, Musks.

Yep, I definitely got the hazelnut, vanilla, and malt notes and a hint of lemon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Let's get one thing out of the way, the marketing is a bit...childish, the hearts, the name(Chocolovers? couldn't Aquolina come up with *something* more creative then that?) it's not my thing. But the juice inside makes up for it.
Chocolovers begins smelling exactly like Terry's chocolate orange, you know the ones you "whack and unwrap"? until a little hazelnut and a touch of pepper join the scene, and finally drying down to smell nearly identical to L'Occitane's original Vanilla EDT. The lasting power is *not* the best I've ever experienced and past the opening notes, the sillage is not great, but it's an extremely enjoyable fragrance, very theraputic and soothing to those who enjoy chocolate and gourmand fragrances, and it has a sensual and smooth quality in the drydown that make this more sophisticated then you would expect.
It's very sweet but past the opening, which smells *just* like chocolates, you won't be a walking confection, it is not overly sticky or heavy so it's perfect for any weather(though, particularly soothing in the winter) and if you find as much to love about Chocolovers as I have, you will want to wear it all year long.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by vyxxyn

Top notes of bitter chocolate with a hint of lemon. Gradually transforms into bergamot and lemon as the chocolate makes an exit. Vanilla + patchouli + musk together gives a chocolate scent by the way, from what I learned from working at a lab of one of the world's largest fragrance manufacturers. The bitter chocolate re-emerges at the middle note along with hazelnut and soft floral undertones, you gotta go real close to smell it to detect the floral note. If you're looking for a cheap non-sophisticated delectable fragrance, this is it!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by SexiicEe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottle is sooo pretty to me. The scent is disgusting. There is something about the orange scent mixed with chocolate that turns my stomach.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 11:07:00 AM More reviews by mdlvsmakeup

I got a sample of this and when I wore it I kept wanting to breathe the smell in it is very pretty, and like one reviewer wrote a sensual smell.That is the best way to describe it, I recently purchased a full bottle so I can enjoy the smell more often.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by emeraldsky2009

I HATE this! I know I seem to be in the minority, but something about my skin chemistry brings out a pungent, headache inducing note. Chocolovers smells gorgeous and sensual at first blush, chocolatey and sweet, but see how it dries down before you buy it. On me, it was sharp and not in a sexy way. Eew. To make it worse, I'm sensitive to this one--and the part I was sensitive to, the bad note, hung on even after multiple scrubbings with soap.
Take out the repulsive note (burnt plastic, some are saying?) and I would be delighted. As is, one of the worst smells I've ever experienced on my skin.
~Em

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2007 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this with a beauty.com order and after trying it for 3 days in a row I want a full bottle. I am not a fan of super sweet foody scents but this scent agrees with me. I find it cozy, warm, sexy and lovely. My husband loves the scent on me too. It's chocolate, vanilla and orange with some spice to it too. A great winter scent for snuggling and wearing sweaters.