New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 12/31/2010 8:55:00 AM

The perfect sheer red! I wear it without lip pencil, adding a little gloss for winter time chapped lips! Yes, you can nick the lipstick if you aren't careful placing the top back on, bummer. Great color, great value.

on 12/28/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

A beautiful, entry-level, cool-ish red if you're not used to wearing assertive colors on your lips. Even if you're tempted, don't wipe it off before wearing it out at least once, no matter how you think it looks. Grow a pair and try it. Doesn't look whorish or clownish on full lips because it's not an opaque, matte, bright red; catches light and makes thin lips look more full because it has a sheen to it. I wear it as an alternative to brighter, more concentrated reds that basically scream "this is my seduction makeup!!!" I put it on my mom, who refuses to wear red lipstick, and she looked fantastic. Red lipstick IS flattering to most women (why do you think it was the only lipstick universally worn during decades of hardship?), it's just that they won't take the plunge because they're afraid of looking too vampy. I am an avid fan of red lips and I wear many shades out - this is one I always feel comfortable wearing to work, even for a meeting with my boss. I put it on when I'm just running out for something and don't want any other makeup- it is an instant perk-up. Try it out and see what kind of reaction you get - most likely it will be flattering second glances and people staring trying to place what it is about you that is so appealing. It's not stop-sign red at all, nor is it a clear, sticky gloss. This is a really good style and consistency of lipstick to try if you've never worn red lips before, and may help you to venture into stronger reds. Heck, it's cheap enough that you can just give me the tube if you decide you don't like it. But be careful with the packaging because it's easy to mash the lippie with the cap when you put it back on.

on 12/24/2010 1:33:00 AM

This red is absolutely gorgeous. While searching for a nice red to wear this holiday season, I picked up two of the NYC 99 cent lipsticks, one in Retro Red and Sheer Red. I tried Retro Red first, thinking it would better suit my warm skintone since it's more of an orange red, but it looked way too bright and clownish. I wiped it off and tried on Sheer Red, and I immediately fell in love. It's a darker red with more of a berry tone. It's definitely a cooler red, while Retro Red is straight up ORANGE on me. :/ I usually pair this with Rimmel's lip liner in Ravish since it's pretty sheer on it's own, and the color is to die for. It looks awesome with some winged liner and falsies. You can't go wrong with this, and for 99 cents, what have you got to loose?

Can't wait to wear this tonight! (Christmas Eve)
Happy Holidays!

on 12/18/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great product! On my lips it's a lovely berryish-brickish red. I know that sounds weird but it's a perfect combination of both colors! I I bought this based on a recommendation on http://www.beautylish.com/t/vmvzs/the-perfect-red-lipstick. Check out this website if you're on a hunt of the perfect red lipstick (they have pictures). But of course I check the reviews here to make sure it's a good buy! And lo and behold this lipstick has the same great review so I bought it and loving it! For reference I'm NC 30, NARS Budapest, Asian light-medium w/ yellow undertones. Try this before trying other reds. Packaging is nothing much to look at but what do you expect for a 0.99 cents lipstick? LOL!

on 11/14/2010 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I got this on a whim since I wanted to get a red lipstick (I have none), it was less than a dollar, and I thought it'd be a good one to start says i figured it'd be sheer (due to being called "sheer red"). Well, it's definitely not sheer, it's very pigmented. Maybe they meant "sheer" as in "unmixed with anything else" not "sheer" as in "transparently thin". Well, apparently yes, they did. The red isn't really anything special, it's not a blue undertoned red.. didn't really look orangey either.. can't really describe the color.. it's just plain red. The finish was matte on me, which I liked. You could do worse for a buck, and this might work for some, but I don't see myself using this. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shade of red works really well with my skin tone so I love it. You can build it up to make it really dark or you can just put it on lightly. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. It doesn't have amazing lasting power but I don't mind reapplying it. It's extremely cheap. The packaging isn't amazing but you can't expect much for the price. Anyway, I don't really care about the packaging so it doesn't bother me.

on 9/29/2010 9:24:00 PM

I gave this product 4 lippie because of the cherry scent. I thought I could tolerate this but I just couldn't. Great shade, very moisturizing but the scent is just too much for me. I wish they would change it someday. The staying power is not there but since this is red (very wearable) it stains the lips for a longer period of time as opposed to the nude shades. Oh and the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down so it's a pain to put the cap on without touching the lipstick.

on 8/31/2010 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was recommended to me as a substitute for the late, great Bobbi Brown Ruby Sheer/Stain and I have to say it mostly delivers. First off, the color is GORGEOUS! It looks like a dark burgandy/cranberry in the tube but comes off as a beautiful brick red. The formula is not sheer though - at least not on my dry lips - it's more matte. But as others have noted, it does have some staying power. For those of you who try these budget buys to substitute for our high end favourites, give this one a go. For 99 cents, this is definitely a beauty bargain and, if you hate it, you won't be mad at yourself for spending a fortune.

on 8/10/2010 9:15:00 PM

As far as dirt-cheap thrills go, this is one of the best. I'm usually drawn to pink or nude lip colors, so this deep red is a bit of a departure for me. But for 99 cents, I figured I had nothing to lose, and I'm so glad I took that stylistic chance. My favorite way to wear it is to apply a little lip balm first and then push the color onto my lips, rather than swiping it on. It gives a pretty raspberry stain that lasts through the second round of cocktails.

If you're having trouble finding it, I got mine at Target and the success I've had with this color is going to bring me back for more.

on 8/3/2010 7:19:00 PM

Nice dark red color that is not too scary. It does wear of rather quickly on my lips and left me with a pink stain but good for the price. It is more of a true red that Lipstick Queen medeival treatment which is more pinky red than red. This is much easier to pull off than Russian Red or the like.

Popular Lipsticks