MAC Powersurge Eye Kohl

4.6

This is such pretty goldish/bronzish color! Looks great for both night and day, and I think it's perfect for summer nights. I believe this is kohl, so it will smudge more than other MAC eyeliners (might want to use a primer beforehand). Both the color and pencil last a long time.

Very pretty olive-bronze liner. Really makes blue eyes bright. I'm constantly asked if I'm wearing blue contacts when I wear this. It sharpens ok, but you need a MAC sharpener for best results. I don't wear this everyday so I don't think I'll need to repurchase anytime soon.

on 3/27/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I gave the packaging quality a 3 for this because I always feel like you waste some product when you have to sharpen it--however, this sharpens a lot better than other pencils I've used. This is a great color (khaki/olive/brown) for redheads on days when you want the ease of using a pencil liner but you don't want anything too noticeable or stand out. The small glitter in this is not that noticeable and gives it a nice effect. You can definitely wear this everyday without a problem.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is very flattering on my brown eyes! The shimmery golden bronze coloq is very pretty

on 1/26/2008 9:00:00 AM

I usually wear liner on top only, so when it comes to using Powersurge, it's too light to define them but is great on the lower lashline on the other hand! I use this in my tear duct and lower lashline before I apply shadow there. The powerpoint helps it stick longer :)

Powersurge is a brassy gold that is quite a unique colour IMO :)
I have a swatch in my profile!

on 11/17/2007 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

HG liner. NC20, brown eyes & hair. This defines w/o harshness. I use it almost every day. UPDATE 2013: Still using Powersurge. It is the perfect e/l for top and bottom lids (mature lids). My eyes are hooded so it is not going to last all day but I have these pencils stashed everywhere for quick touchups. Will buy forever. Prob my favorite m/u product.

on 11/16/2007 11:50:00 AM

Powersurge eye kohl is the only eyeliner I bother to use on a regular basis. I'm very pale so black eyeliner looks very harsh on me. My other favorite eye kohl, Teddy, can even be a bit much. I love Powersurge because it's subtle but somehow makes my eyes pop. Normally gold shades and I do not get along very well due to my cool skintone, but this has enough of a taupey brown tone to work. I love the shimmer that comes out when I smudge the line a bit. My eyes are very dark brown, but this brings out a bit of hazel in them, LOVE that. My favorite thing about MAC eye kohls is that they are soft and don't pull on my eyelid when applying. I don't have a problem with them smudging or smearing as long as I use UDPP. I will repurchase Powersurge as long as MAC keeps making it!

on 11/11/2007 10:12:00 AM

Love this eyeliner. Looks sooo good with my brown eyes. I would definately buy this again. It will probably last a long time though!

on 11/8/2007 11:51:00 PM

I only gave this 3 points because the color is too subtle on my skintone (Indian NC30) and doesn't really do anything that applying a gold eyeshadow along my lower lashline wouldn't do better. The quality is fantastic (just like all MAC eyeliners IMO) and the color is beautiful. It just doesn't stand out that much. I bought this looking for a subtle liner for my lower lashline. And it does its job, but I wouldn't buy this again.

on 10/21/2007 3:44:00 PM

This pencil goes on nice and smooth. Colour works well on any eyecolour (I've got blue eyes, but I've tried it on all my friends and it looks equally lovely on all of 'em) and appropriate for day or evening. You could wear it alone or pair it with shadow. I agree with the other reviewer who said this pencil pairs well w/Tempting eyeshadow.

Top Rated MAC Products