April 20, 2014 | 2051 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser has been great. I've been using it for several weeks. It is worth mentioning that I use it with Clarisonic, and anything harsh would be too much exfoliation for my skin on a daily basis in my opinion. Also, while it does say that it's gentle, it is most definitely NOT the most gentle product. But I mean this in a really good way, a gentler product didn't really get the job done.

The cleanser itself foams up quite nicely with a really tiny amount. It cleans my face without stripping it of its natural oil or drying it out. It burns my eyes a little if it gets in them (certainly less burning than other cleansers I've used). I've noticed a big improvement in my under-the-skin breakouts and the size/appearance of my pores/blackheads. Again, this review is based on use of this product with clarisonic- purely because I don't use any facial cleanser by itself. And, it's not as if I never break out anymore or don't have any blackheads anymore. No product is a miracle worker and I do expect hormonal break outs from time to time, and the product itself doesn't do much for clearing up marks from old break outs, but I really don't see any one product doing much for that.

I can easily say that this cleanser is one that I've been most content with in a really long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Shiseido cleanser and I'm very pleased. It has a mousse(y) consistency and smells nice. It lathers up beautifully and takes off my water proof mascara. I use it with my Clarisonic. Could be a bit on the drying side. So unless you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend using it everyday. Other than that excellent cleanser. I won't repurchase though due to the cost and also there are many other cleansers that are cheaper and just as effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:26:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

i love shiseido products and this cleanser is great. you only need a little and it foams right up, it gets rid of make-up. good thing about it is that it doesn't irritate my skin or cause it to break out. personally though, i like the benefiance cleanser better, just my two cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by IIsujinII

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser. It foams up incredibly well and you only need the tiniest bit. It washes off all my makeup and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed. I was loving the Philosophy purity cleanser, but after using the Shiseido, the Philosophy cleanser just doesn't feel like it's doing as good of a job. This cleanser is a little bit pricey (for a cleanser) but if you live near an Asian market that sells the Shiseido drugstore line, their cleanser in the blue bottle is exactly the same as this one (for about $5).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this cleanser!

I was dealing with aweful breakouts/deep pimples and then I switched to this cleanser and my skin cleared within a few days.

I haven't had a breakout in 3 months since I started using this product!!

Definitely recommend it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

Pros:
- Removes makeup very well
- Leaves skin feeling very clean
- Does not have and harsh beads that feels like it scratching your skin off

Cons:
- Does leave skin feeling dry

Overall:
I did like this cleanser, but I do think that normal cleanser can do the same job and for less of the cost. I usually only get expensive skincare during the Christmas season and Mother's Day, only because they are usually half the cost, and they have gift sets which come with everything for you to try, soo you dont need to spend a lot to buy them seperately.
I do find this cleanser to dry my face out, it removes makeup very well for some odd reason, I dont think that this cleanser should be use everyday, cause it does seem a bit harsh.
Would I buy it again? When Christmas come around, yes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylo19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Really like this cleanser!! I use it whenever I wear make-up and it takes everything off and leaves my skin feeling super clean. I always have to use a moisturizer after it and I wouldn't use it in the morning by itself since for me it isn't gentle enough for that use, but overall it is my favorite for taking off the day and setting up a clean slate for the rest of my night skincare routine. The packaging is great and you get lots of cleanser for the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by bigbu

I love this product. My skin is oily combo and very very sensitive. I got broke out with almost everything but this one. I have a whole collection with this Skincare brand cleanser, lotion ... and my skin is soft, glowy and no break-out. Would buy this again, YES and nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by mcrpsy14

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser. It's very gentle and it works well w/my combination skin. It doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin at all.

Fallback...it's a bit pricey, but if used wisely it can last you quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by radleyas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an awesome product. I got it as a replacement for the Cle de peau gentle cleansing foam. They're both made by Shiseido, expect the this one is half the price of the Cle de peau product. I love using this in the evening, when I'm cleaning away all the makeup and dirt of the day. I use it with my clarisonic brush. It rules! I love love love it! It's one of my two HG cleansers (the other is Kate Somerville detox). This foams beautifully and one 4.3 oz tube lasts for 4-5 months. At at $30, it's an absolute bargain.