October 24, 2014 | 1159 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jazzyh27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This produ really does not work for me at all. I had been using prescriptives foundation for 3 years but as they stopped trading at counters iv been on a quest to find a perfect foundation.

I am shade 40 which is a lovely colour match but the formula is just terrible! I have tried applying it with a mac 190 foundation brush and it doesnt give any more coverage than a TM even using 2 pumps (which isnt a huge problem as I am blemish free but I like my skin to look polished at least). I have tried using my fingers and it clumps together (?!) and needs lots of work for it to be evenly distributed. Is there a way that I can apply it better? Any help would be appreciated! I can safely say that my £6 bourjois healthy mix foundation is miles better :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by aless101

omg amazing. This is the only foundation i will use on my skin. it makes my skin look flawless and non greasy. I use Le Blanc before i apply the foundation and this adds to the perfect effect. i would highly recommend. and just looking at the double C"s every morning just perks you up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can completely understand the mixed reviews for Pro Lumiere - it truly is one of the oddest, strangest foundations I have ever tried. It can be built to full, but is really, quite dewey finish. Doesn't lay very well over breakouts, spot treated/retinoid'ed skin, or dry spots. The finish is truly gorgeous, covers well without feeling like a coat of housepaint.

I have sensitive, normal-to-dry in Winter, easily dehydrated skin. I have some mild redness in my nose and cheeks. I love a dewey finish - but this, if possible, even more luminous than my usual everyday Bobbi Brown TM. You truly do not need a highlighter with this; to much super-shimmery product results in a weird Tin Man effect. Coverage-wise, I find it way too much for everyday use. I have relatively normal skin, with the odd pimple. 2 pumps will net you full coverage; one full to one and a quarter pump will net you solid, medium coverage.

However, I absolutely love this foundation for photography, and dance. I ballroom dance, and this truly shows up beautifully in fluorescent indoor lighting. It also lasts longer than BB Skin and MUFEHD, my original go-to's though even the #110 in HD was slightly too pink. This lasts longer than Skin, but also doesn't oxidize the way Chanel's (discontinued) Tient Innocence in #12 Albatre did (which started out a lovely, sheer coverage - albeit, slightly too yellow. Then, an hour into dance, ended up making me look jaundiced.) I set this with MUFEHD Loose Translucent Powder, and wear MUFEHD #5 Blue and Dr. Brandt's Pores No More pore refiner (nose/inner cheeks) underneath. I don't generally have a huge problem with foundations lasting on my dry-leaning skin, but it did last through a part-time shift and dinner afterwards (6 hours). It's not any more long-wearing than other foundations I wear, but it certainly doesn't wear off by lunch.

I guess you could wear a pump of this everyday as a nice, medium-coverage option, but I really do not have the patience for it - and this is truly what keeps it from netting a full 5 lipsticks. It stays sticky for a good 10-15 mins after you put it on. When I wear this, I usually apply primer(s), then this, then concealer, then walk around, have a cup of tea, channel surf for a little while, smooth out harsh edges with fingertips, then apply setting powder. This stays tacky for a bit, making it inconvenient for most days when I'm rushed and find even putting TM on with fingertips something of a chore. But this truly is a gorgeous foundation, with a very natural, albeit quite dewey finish - if you have the time or need something to really make you look flawless for a special occasion, don't hesitate to try this.

The colour selection, however, is truly lacking. I use 10 Limpide/Nude, 0.5 Intensity. Like Teint Innocence, this also runs warm - I am just able as a neutral/cool-toned girl, to pull this off. If you have very cool undertones, there may not be an option or colour-match for you. Also, with only 6 colour options, my N/NW10 Skin, 20 Clair being way too dark, but maybe at the level of an NC25, it's not the easiest foundation to find a match in.

Foundation matches include Bobbi Brown Alabaster in Skin and the regular TM. N3 in MAC Studio Fix PPF is the best I've found in MAC, though I could pull off an NC/W15 in Sculpt. Both MUFEHD#110 and #38 in F&B are a smidge too pink. Revlon PR#001 Ivory works in Summer, but is too dark in Winter. Concealers I wear include CoverFX CamouflageFX in X-Light, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC-1, Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer 0-1 (slightly too orange), MAC Sculpt NW15, and YSL Touche Eclat #1 (undereyes.)

I apply this with a flat, Smashbox paddle brush, buff/blend around the nose with a QUO Precision Foundation Kabuki (CoverFX makes a similar brush, for those without access to Shoppers Drug Mart), and smooth out with finger-tips. In my experience, it is best to carefully build up coverage - start with a small 1/4-1/2 pump on the back of my hand; not a full pump otherwise it'll just be eaten by my brush, absorbed into my hand, or be way too much for my face. A little definately goes a long way with this foundation.

ETA 1/28/11: I wore this from AM to PM (10 to midnight) through my Grandfather's wake with MUFEHD Primer & Loose Translucent Setting Powder, and the lasting power was much better than BB Skin or TM. Coverage had started to fade by 8, but I might've been able to push it another hour or two with mineral setting powder/foundation, like MSFN. Very impressive.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by pixietrixie

I was expecting so much more out of this product, especially since it costs almost $60 a bottle. It lasts about an hour or 2 even with powder, and it seems to melt and move over my skin, making me look terrible! It's watery and runny, so if you're looking for medium or more coverage, skip this product altogether. Even for a light coverage product, it's very poor quality imo. Total waste of money and isn't something I'd recommend or purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by nforte

Ok, I got this foundation after a bad relationship with Dior Nude... Dior was fine until pump stopped pumping and liquid became clumpy & greasy! So Chanel.. I love you. This does not cause me breakouts, has beautiful coverage and gives a truly amazing finish. You will glow with subtle dewy effects. This can be worn alone with out setting powder but won't have same staying power. I recommend applying with the 187 brush, I personally do not buff, I purely stipple & using a 1.5 pumps my face is flawless. I have acne scarring, mild, with the occasional breakout and this works like magic. As with any foundation, you must make sure your skincare regime is suitable thus prepping your skin. You will save on how much product you actually use and it will enhance the 'look'. I use the Chanel le blanc primer, teeny tiny Amount, stipple my foundation then lightly dust with Chanel universal libre loose powder in peche. My foundation stays put All day. Seriously. I used to always have to touch up. I'm in love but broke;(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally buy the Mat Lumiere, but the salesperson gave me the Pro Lumiere by mistake. I decided to try it since it is winter and my skin was dry. It works great. Gives me a little glow. I just powder lightly. The coverage depends on how much you use. I use less than one pump on my whole face and its perfect. I have redness and discolorations from the sun and that softens it without looking like a mask. Will continue to buy this for winter and the Mat Lumiere for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by alicebignami

It is winter time and I decided to swap my Mat Lumiere for Pro Lumiere just for adding a bit of extra hydration to my skin and I am quite happy with it. My skin looks softer and more glowy. My skin is also on the oily side (my nose tends to get oily even when wearing Mat Lumiere) but if I wear Chanel Base Lumiere as the only base under Pro Lumiere I do not get any excessive oiliness. My shade is Clair. My only "regret" is that the sunscreen is not UVA proof like the Mat Lumiere one...but it is winter and quite dark so I am not terribly concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by gorki

One of my favorite foundations for going out at night. It is pretty long lasting, has a nice dewy finish and a great buildable coverage. However, I feel like for day time it is a little too much. Very very good, nonetheless, if you are comfortable with wearing a heavy coverage foundation. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this first, and was very, very pleased with the way this went on and looked on my skin. The color match was spot on, it blended like a dream, covered my spots, and I didn't even need to use concealer, the coverage was so good and the best part: The finish was natural looking, did not look cakey at all!!!! I found that it lasted several hours and best of all: It did not cause any break outs.

When the sample was gone, I most definitely went back to the Chanel counter and purchased.

Most definitely the best foundation I've used to date.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby344

I just bought this foundation today in colour 20 (I forget its name). I had heard loads about it in various YouTube makeup tutorials that I have been watching recently. Previously I have been using Bobbi Brown's Natural Finish foundation, but it didn't give me enough coverage as I have quite a lot of blemishes and redness.

Just applied it with my MAC 109 brush and I absolutely love the result! It gives a flawless finish and provides great coverage! I have a lot of imperfections and redness in and around my T-zone, but this foundation is great at covering these up! I also suffer from cystic acne, and large pores...but this foundation didn't feel too "cloggy", and didn't go into my pores but covered them evenly. It also gives a luminous glow, normally I add highlight but I didn't need any with this foundation!

Can't wait to apply it tomorrow morning before I go to work. Still have to see how it holds up throughout the day, but upon first impressions...I am loving it! It also has a great smell!