December 20, 2014 | 1673 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

As some other people have commented, i bought this after seeing it used by gossmakeupartist. I have oily skin and so some foundations literally slide off my skin or leave me really shiny by lunchtime! Today was my first day using this. I wanted to follow the same application technique as gossmakeupartist, but was low on time so here's what i did:

1) applied moisturiser and primer, followed by concealer under my eyes.
2) dotted all over my face with a foundation brush (i use the ELF studio angled foundation brush) and then blended over my whole face with the brush.
3) set with NARS pressed powder using ELF Complexion brush.

I am lucky to have good skin and so i didn't need much product at all and therefore i think this is very good value. Also, i like the finish - you don't looked 'caked' in make up - skin looks flawless.

I can understand though that if you apply lots of layes then this would look really fake and mask like.

I know already that this is one of my favourite foundations and i will be using this for the weddings i am attending this summer! I know it will work through heat, humidity, and long wear etc.

I have this in C40 which works for my olive skin tone. I will try again over the next few days (when i have some time!) using the gossmakeupartist method (dot, blend with moist sponge, and set with powder and powder puff).

I hope this review has helped some of you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Mizumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this from gossmakeupartist since they've stopped selling this in Sweden and he always goes on how much he loves this! And I'm not the one to disagree on this.
It has a beautiful coverage and finish but it has to be set with powder. If you take care of it during the day it will definately look for most of the day.

Some may think it will look heavy and cake since it's full coverage. But don't despair! It looks heavenly if applied properly. I use the pointed foundation brush from Adesign and I found this the best way for me since it's more stiff than a regular brush. If I feel like it's needed I will go over some areas with a damp sponge.
Definately try it out if you like creams and coverage!

However I will probably be getting a very very similar foundation from a really small Swedish brand called Genheden for my kit. As far as I know it's only sold in one store in Stockholm. (Despite that Meryl Streep is a fan and has used in movies Like Mamma Mia and The Devil Wears Prada)
As soon as I have 20 reviews I will write one on that, so check back on me if interested.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Having tried every MAC foundation there is, I thought I would try the Full Coverage, mostly for photography and modeling. For photos you need a Makeup without SPF or you look like a ghost. Even though I use a medium to Full coverage makeup daily, this one was actually too full. No matter how many foundation techniques I used (Brushes, sponges etc), It looked dry and cakey. Having a background in Theater and being used to very thick stage makeup, this one doesn't cut it, mainly because it's hard to spread. It accentuates every single pore on my face, despite using 3 different primers. And like all MAC, it's way too yellow. I got both the NC15 and NC20. Both too yellow. Mac would do better by actually having foundations that are truly neutral. They fail bigtime in that regard and it's why I avoid MAC now. All their foundations are also very comedegenic, despite what they claim. I know more people who break out with their foundations than any other brand I know of.

Why this foundation fails? Too heavy even for those who need full coverage. It's the consistency of the formula, rather than the coverage. It's too dry for a cream..period. Spreading this stuff is difficult at best. Getting a flawless application is nearly impossible. Colors are way off for natural skintones. It makes your flaws like dry patches and zits worse.

The only reason I'm giving it a 2 instead of a one is that it can be used as a concealer for red spots. The yellow in it is neutralizing. It works for that only purpose.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Dundrumlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lasted about 20 mins on my face, and i don't have oily skin!!! I've never found a mac foundation that can stay put so after the sales assistant has said this is the ultimate mac foundation i went against my instincts and gave it a shot. Very bad decision, went on ok but lasted a very short time, by the time i was leaving the house it was disappearing. After trying five mac foundations all of which were extremely disappointing (except moistureblend which was discontinued!!!) i have now given up on mac and will be sticking to my dior

Cannot understand the hype about mac at all

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by TheMiniCoope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I rated this as dirt cheap because per gram, its as cheap or cheaper than most ds foundations.
This is very full coverage, but applied with a wet sponge it blends in like a second skin. Its tricky to use, but it is my hg foundation for my dry, tight skin. Stays put all day and doesnt settle in lines or dry spots especially if you use a primer first.
Another reason I love it is because its a massive 28 grams- almost three times the amount of studio tech for the same price. Its essentially a massive tub of studio finish concealor, but it can be sheered out or simply used as a very inexpensive concealor that will last you years.
The only drawback is the simple packaging which has no space for a sponge or mirror.
Overall, this is the perfect full coverage foundation I was looking for. They do not make nc 25, but I went up to nc 30 and it is a flawless match, so it may run light. I highly reccomend you try it! If youre having problems, make sure to try other application methods, because most poor reviews I see are complaints of cakeness- which is easily fixed with moisturized skin and a damp sponge.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by gaspgirlox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually only wear powder, this is great for when I want a totally finished look. One of the few TRUE NC15's, all other MAC liquids were way too dark / orange on me. I'm SUPER pale and cool-toned.
I'm sad I have to go all the way to the pro store in Vancouver to get it, but when I go every summer I make sure to stock up. Plus it lasts forever <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by JDPublicist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Hasn't made me break out (I've been using it for a week so far, and I will update if it does make me break out.), and the coverage is amazing. Like other posters have said, you have to warm this foundation up first. I just tap my flat foundation brush (dampened with warm water) onto the foundation several times and then use short strokes on my face to melt it down. That way, I get the perfect amount of coverage instantly. I go back and tap, or stipple, the areas where I want more coverage. Must be set with a powder. If you're oily, you'll have to touch up during the day. (This is an emollient-based foundation. Which means moisturizing.) If you like a natural, "I'm not wearing makeup" look then this is probably not for you.. but personally, I want to look as flawless as a mannequin. lol.

Also: this makes my acne scars (pitted scars) almost disappear.. I have tried so so many foundations and have not found a single one that can do what this foundation does for my scars.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sonaliagrawal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and quite a bit of uneven skintone and scars from previous hormonal acne. I absolutely love the finish and the coverage that this foundation gives me. I use it in C35, I am an NC40 in studio sculpt (can be too yellow sometimes) and NC40 in mineralize cream foundation (not a perfect match either). Since I am of Indian descent and have olive undertones, I am so glad that this foundation has the C-range of colors versus just NC and NW range.

After washing my face I apply my 2% salicylic acid toner, followed by Vit C serum. When thats sunk in, I apply a light moisturizer liberally - using CeravePM these days for the added benefit of niacinamid. I follow that with sunscreen mixed with a fingertip rubbed in the C40 full coverage foundation. I feel that this gives me a layer of light coverage already along with taking out any little whiteness from the foundation.

Once that sinks in, I sometimes use the Sephora smoothing and mattifying base all over to prime my face. And then I wet a wedge sponge (use a new one every time) with cold tap water, squeeze it dry. Tap it onto the C35 foundation to get some product on. Dont get too much product on, try to go in layers if you do need more coverage. Then tap it / stipple it on your face starting with any areas that need more coverage. I do a single layer on most of my face, and a double layer on any scars. I also then dip my finger in a bit of the foundation and tap the finger lightly onto any red spots that might not have been covered to my liking. I also use this foundation under my eyes. Top it off with some MSFN in medium/dark and I am ready to do the rest of my face.

I really do love this foundation. The trick is to use a wet sponge and use stippling motion, and also to go in light layers versus doing one fat layer of product. I do mist my face during the day once with mac fix+.

This is sold in mac pro stores only. Fortunately enough i live not too far from one. I would be very very sad if this foundation is ever discontinued :(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently rediscovered my love for this foundation again. I've used it in the past for several years but stopped using it in search of a better product. But this foundation is awesome and doesn't quit!! The coverage is full, it conceals just about anything, it's buildable and it NEVER breaks me out!

The texture is more on the emolient side but the coverage is matte. To avoid heavy, masked effect from this foundation I usually streak/ dot foundation around my face area with my fingers then blend it with a foundation brush, or a sponge then I set it with blot powder/ loose powder. I get a flawless finish every time!!

The staying power of this foundation is remarkable in hot and humid weather. To remove the foundation thoroughly, use a cleansing oil, or cold cream first then follow it with a gel type cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

while this was full coverage like i was hoping for, it wasnt a very smooth application and it clung on to any dry spots or flakes i had on my face and made my foundation look patchy. i ordered nc20 from the pro site and it definately must oxidize almost immediately because i looked in the mirror and saw that it wasnt a perfect match like my other MAC foundations and was too pinkish on me.