December 17, 2014 | 1884 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved Neutrogena Ultra Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF30, but I thought I would step up my sun protection to SPF55 and I'm disappointed. Like the SPF 30 it has a silky matte finish when applied, but within a few hours it starts to feel really greasy and ruins my makeup. Despite trialing different foundations to pair with this sunscreen I just couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been a big fan of Neutrogena's sun protection. I used the helioplex sunblock for a couple of years, and wouldn't have cared or called it greasy if I hadn't tried this formulation. Dude. It absorbs and sets amazingly. This makes it MUCH easier to apply the recommended amount. I haven't been in any photos, but I imagine the flash would reflect off of it, but I don't foresee this being a dealbreaker. How many flash photos am I in in general, let alone during the day when I'm wearing sunblock?

Hasn't made me break out, hasn't felt too greasy, hasn't dried out my skin (which can be on the drier side), and has been a good foundation primer. Just make sure to apply a few minutes after your moisturizer (after it's set) and to let set (dry) for a few minutes before applying foundation. I think that's what's been causing streaking on other people.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I don't hate it, but I didn't love it.
It does soak into my skin nicely, leaving no residue, and I like the packaging. I only use about a pea sized amount on my whole face and so the bottle will last a lifetime.
It does make your skin look ashy though, so I wouldn't suggest this for even tanned people. I'm very pale, so I really don't notice a difference in my skintone.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I thought I enjoyed using Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen SPF 55 but I was wrong. The packaging is terrible and it is so easy to finish the product in less than a month. In light of it all, the product tries to rub it in the consumer face that it is ideal, stating words like "Dermatologist recommended." If you do research, and it'll only take a minute of your time, you'll discover that statements like "not recommended" exists because it's ingredients score a heavy 7/10 in hazard ratings.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sunblock. I've hated using sunblock period solely because it was sticky, greasy, and not-so-great feeling. I found this sunblock in my mom's bathroom and decided to us it since the summer of 10 in california was scorching hot and painful on my skin. I used it on my face only to find that it applied super lightweight and nongreasy. It does leave a sheen on my face but I just cover that with some blotting powder or just blot my face with some tissue. I have acne-prone skin and I am very scared of trying creams/lotions on my face because my face will break out but luckily with this sunscreen, I didn't. Hurray! This is my second bottle of this sunscreen and it works beautifully. I love it. Theres a hint of a floral smell mixed with some baby powder smell.. but I could be wrong, but there is definitely a weak scent. I know as the SPF goes up, the goopyness factor goes up too, but I didn't experience that with this sunscreen. And I know that people say after a certain number of SPF, it stops working, but what have you got to lose with this one if it's not goopy or sticky or a skinruiner? I use this over my moisturizer and it works pretty well as sort of a primer too. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetkindoflife

i made the switch from my more expensive shiseido suncreen to this and i'm completely satisfied. it glides smoothly on the skin and absorbs quickly--no greasy residue!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by catchyourbreath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first sunblock that I've found to leave my face looking matte and has not caused me to break out. I use about a quarter-size amount for my face and neck each day and the tube lasts me for a few months. I recommend this for daily sun protection. It's lightweight, non-greasy, good for oily skin, didn't cause me to break out, and relatively inexpensive for the size/amount of product you get. It did seem to make me look a little paler than normal (worn by itself w/o any other makeup on top). Also, the cap can get messy when the liquid squeezes out/drips. I would like to see this product packaged better so it's not as messy-- a pump would be helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by iluvgreen4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i switch sunscreens between aveeno and neutrogena, but i use this alot and one thing is super kool under makeup i luv it, kind of like a primer.bad thing if u have dry skin stay away!i love the helioplex

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Wanc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite sure this made me break out like hell....my forehead is now covered with small bumps.

Because I am using glycolic acid overnight, I would use this combined with Clinique´s Total Defense SPF25 as day protection. But when I washed my face tonight, I felt small bumps on my forehead, which I don´t have since my teenage years.
I hope the bumps will be gone by tomorrow!

Would consider for my arms as sunscreen, not anymore on my face!! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by aimward

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hummm... Not good for people with with darker skin tones. Why? Because it will make you look ashy, ashy, ashy. And not your normal ashy either, it's a weird purplish hue. NOT CUTE. I have very oily skin and I thought this would be perfect. It dried sorta powdery and left like a white paste in my smile lines and on the sides of my nose (and I don't even really have smile lines, wth?). I give it 2 stars simply because it did protect my skin but that's about it.