April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this sunblock. I've hated using sunblock period solely because it was sticky, greasy, and not-so-great feeling. I found this sunblock in my mom's bathroom and decided to us it since the summer of 10 in california was scorching hot and painful on my skin. I used it on my face only to find that it applied super lightweight and nongreasy. It does leave a sheen on my face but I just cover that with some blotting powder or just blot my face with some tissue. I have acne-prone skin and I am very scared of trying creams/lotions on my face because my face will break out but luckily with this sunscreen, I didn't. Hurray! This is my second bottle of this sunscreen and it works beautifully. I love it. Theres a hint of a floral smell mixed with some baby powder smell.. but I could be wrong, but there is definitely a weak scent. I know as the SPF goes up, the goopyness factor goes up too, but I didn't experience that with this sunscreen. And I know that people say after a certain number of SPF, it stops working, but what have you got to lose with this one if it's not goopy or sticky or a skinruiner? I use this over my moisturizer and it works pretty well as sort of a primer too. Will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetkindoflife

i made the switch from my more expensive shiseido suncreen to this and i'm completely satisfied. it glides smoothly on the skin and absorbs quickly--no greasy residue!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by catchyourbreath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the first sunblock that I've found to leave my face looking matte and has not caused me to break out. I use about a quarter-size amount for my face and neck each day and the tube lasts me for a few months. I recommend this for daily sun protection. It's lightweight, non-greasy, good for oily skin, didn't cause me to break out, and relatively inexpensive for the size/amount of product you get. It did seem to make me look a little paler than normal (worn by itself w/o any other makeup on top). Also, the cap can get messy when the liquid squeezes out/drips. I would like to see this product packaged better so it's not as messy-- a pump would be helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by iluvgreen4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i switch sunscreens between aveeno and neutrogena, but i use this alot and one thing is super kool under makeup i luv it, kind of like a primer.bad thing if u have dry skin stay away!i love the helioplex

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Wanc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite sure this made me break out like hell....my forehead is now covered with small bumps.

Because I am using glycolic acid overnight, I would use this combined with Clinique´s Total Defense SPF25 as day protection. But when I washed my face tonight, I felt small bumps on my forehead, which I don´t have since my teenage years.
I hope the bumps will be gone by tomorrow!

Would consider for my arms as sunscreen, not anymore on my face!! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by aimward

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hummm... Not good for people with with darker skin tones. Why? Because it will make you look ashy, ashy, ashy. And not your normal ashy either, it's a weird purplish hue. NOT CUTE. I have very oily skin and I thought this would be perfect. It dried sorta powdery and left like a white paste in my smile lines and on the sides of my nose (and I don't even really have smile lines, wth?). I give it 2 stars simply because it did protect my skin but that's about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Shabby413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best sunblock ever! Never looks greasy. I wear this every single day because I live in a sunny climate and you would never know I had it on. Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by prettyanduglytk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DDD?
Looking for a body sunscreen?
Want to have an unnatural purplish cast all over your body?
Want to have uneven white streaks everywhere that does not absorb?
BUY THIS SUNSCREEN

I usually buy SPF30 from Neutrogena's Dry Touch line, have been getting increasingly paranoid about sunscreen and sun damage, so I said I'd try the SPF55. I bought TWO bottles on a BOGO free deal at the local pharmacy. If you want to look like a streaked purplish ghost with ghastly white streaks everywhere - get this! YUCK. Definitely not made with darker skinner divas in mind (I am about an NW47)

I 'm going back to the SPF30. Also, why is this product so expensive for a drugstore product? Five years ago it did not cost as much as it does now - buy online, seriously. Also only 3ounces? Ideally you should put one ounce of sunscreen on every day (especially if you have a lot of skin exposed) which feels impossible, but eh. The lack of strong scent is a plus also it is just a sunscreen - not a moisturizer (which I also like) but YUCK go to the SPF30! Truly invisible, truly sheer, truly dry, truly unscented.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Angelwing1020

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I changed my view on this. I used to love it, but I'm not sure if my anti-wrinkle cream made my skin more sensitive, but I went out to film a tennis game for 20 minutes. I re-applied it before the game and I ended up with a bad sunburn on my face, arms, and legs.

I feel that it's not very good if you're going to be out on prolonged exposure to the sun, but it's a nice sunscreen for everyday.

This starts off as a semi-matte finish, but it does break down and become greasy. It doesn't break down my makeup completely.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by ClassicalGirl87

although I added this product to my favorites it is only because the SPF on this thing is true to the number amazingly! It is long lasting and does absorb quickly but under makeup on the face is a NOPE! I get a dewy look with it on underneath my makeup, when I prefer to be more matte then dewy/greasy. I will most likely purchase a lower SPF say 15 for my face and keep this one for my neck and chest or for the face when not wearing makeup.