February 28, 2015 | 1589 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by klmhicks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been coming here for years and this is my first review. I thought the Clarisonic was nothing but hype and overrated and overpriced. I refused to spend my money on one and went with the Olay brush instead.

I then hit menopause and broke out in places I never broke out before, jaw line is a mess. My last resort was to start using drugs and I really hate using drugs so I bought the Pro through a local plastic surgeon. I've only used it for a week, once a day (in the evening) as per the estheticians instructions. I do not use cleanser in the mornings so I only splash my face with water or use Bragg apple cider vinegar. I use Vivete cleansers at night. This may change if my skin will work with something else. I only tried this line due to the skin issues I am having.

What I do know is that at this point is that my jaw line is much clearer as with the rest of my face, my skin is not oily, flaky or peeling from the acne creams I had to use and my skin is soft again. I keep feeling my skin because it feels so nice. I will update if things change for better or worse. I am really surprised and amazed what a difference I have seen so far.

All I can say is that this is working for me right now and I have great hopes it will continue to do so.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by rosiers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have my for almost 9 months now and it's been working great! I'm recommand this to all my friends!

Skin improvement: Definately noticable smoother and less white/black heads (though if I steam my face and use the blackhead remover stick, I can still get a bit out). Skin "absorb" skincare more effectively.

Regret: The only thing I regret is that I probably should've got the Mia model. I really don't need all the different speed setting and the body brush option, but since I got it as a gift for Xmas, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Bottomline: I'm really tempting to get a Mia (look at all the colours!!!) for myself. I already got 2 Mia for family members.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by staceybrennan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm purchased my clarisonic plus a few days ago and I'm already amazed. My skin looks and feels amazingly soft and fresh, and I can already notice improvements in my acne! So far I've found this product to be as great as all the other comments here!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by SarahC1086

This product really took getting used to. I use the sensitive brush. The first few weeks, I went through a purge phase where my skin broke out SO bad. I have never really had bad pimples so this was new. At that point, I was ready to call it quits with this products, but I ended up sticking it out. GLAD I did. I now use this product once to every other day. It really softens my skins and opens up my pores, hopefully allowing my products to seep in better. I always use my clarisonic when taking off my makeup, but it really gets my face squeaky clean. TIPS- wash your brush frequently because it starts to smell bad. Also, I made the mistake of using the highest setting the first week I bought this. START OFF ON LOW, then work your way up to the highest or whichever setting as time goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by parisrose

I have this for 2 about 2 years now but I only found out how good it is recently.

I have been using retin-a every night. I think retin-a brings the dead skin to the surface. N clarisonic does a good job in removing the dead skin. The result? Glowing skin!

Yes it is pricey but if my current clarisonic die on me, I am definitely going to buy a new one. No doubt about that!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ancci312

I so wanted to love this product! As my profile says, I should have paid attention to the other reviews on this site with my skin type as it seems the brush exacerbated my acne prone skin.
In the beginning - my skin was quite bumpy with many spots all over my cheeks, splotchy marks on the cheeks, while other areas were not much of an issue. (Oddly, my t-zone is not the problem area, my cheeks are - this I hear is a hormonal issue)
In total, I used this product for 42 days, morning and night, as directed, with my own cleansers (I use Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Skin Wash and rotate it with Obagi Clenziderm's face wash) giving it at least a full month to see how my face would handle it. I will say that it did get rid of a lot of bumps on my skin and initially I was floored with what I was seeing. Over time, however, I found it really dried my skin out and left my skin looking strange... I can't explain it fully. Also, I ended up having HUGE whiteheads on areas I never do like around my mouth (how gross to be talking to someone with a pea-sized whitehead on the corner of it), and it ended up spreading the bacteria onto other areas of my face giving me acne on places I RARELY break out on. For example, my temples were completely clear as was my chin and the surrounding area of my nose and upper lip and jawline, and today, 42 days later, there are still acne on my temples that are in clusters - which is an indicator of the bacteria having spread. Initially, my skin looked smooth but it was strange - I started getting blackheads where I have never had them before (I should mention, I don't get blackheads on my face, besides that of my nose), and I still have red marks from leftover acne.
To summarize, I think this brush is fantastic for those who don't have acne, or acne prone skin. For those of us that do, I hope my review helps because the brush does and will spread your p.acnes bacteria to other sides of your face, ladies and gents. (at least it did to me) Sephora has a fabulous return policy, and I was able to return this brush, no problem. Once I get the acne under control and am looking for something to give me a nice polish at the end of the day, I think I may re-purchase this baby, however, at this time, it's a pricey gadget to sit in my drawer, unused.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by spoonleg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best investments you can make in your beauty regime! As another reviewer stated, it has encouraged me to wash my face more! I have only had mine for a couple of months, purchased at the recommendation of my aesthatician based on my skin type (oily, large pores, blackheads.) I also bought all of the different face washes and have been trying them out. So far my favorite is the creamy (nourishing?) one in the orange bottle. I use the sensitive skin brush currently. I have not tried the body brush or body polish- though I did buy them. I found a great price on the Clarisonic Pro from amazon. I take it with me when traveling, which is great. My only complaint is that it automatically shuts off after two minutes, and sometimes I want another 30 seconds or so to be sure I get nice and clean/exfoliated. Not a big deal, I just turn it back on. LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by azaleadeez

I didn't notice that this actually helped control my oily skin until I was without it for the last two weeks. So yeah this brush does give me less oily skin and less blackheads. However it's ridiculous that it broke down on me twice within a year. For this price I would expect better quality control. The first time it broke down I managed to get a new one through the warranty; this time, it's still pending and if there are no more exchanges for it, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase a new one though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the Clarisonic Pro system from qvc.com, it came with 3 face brushes and a body brush. It also came with the clarisonic face and body washes in travel and full sizes. I use Philosophy products for my face so I didn't try the clarisonic face wash. I have dry skin, I don't have a problem with break outs but I am in my mid 30s now and I am getting fine lines. The clarisonic cleans my face without drying it out. I think using the philosophy which has worked for me for years helps as well. I tried the clarisonic body polish scrub on my elbows and feet and it made them very soft and smooth without irritating my skin. I try to use that stupid Pedi Egg and it tears up my feet. The pro system was $225 but I feel like it was worth the money. If something works then I don't mind paying extra. I had been using the Olay brush and the clarisonic blew it out of the water. There's no comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by reyez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received the Clarisonic Pro as a Christmas present from my hubby. I've used it every day since and think its fantastic!

I have combination skin with some dry patches between my eyes, under my chin and under my nose, but an oily T-zone. I have used the cleanser that came with the Clarisonic as well as others. I usually just change cleanser depending on how my skin is as well as brush head. I tend to use the brush head for sensitive skin with the clarisonic gentle cleanser, and if my skin feels 'drier' then a more nourishing cleanser. My skin has become a lot less flaky and I've noticed less black heads over my nose!

I rarely use the body brush attachment (maybe twice a week if that) and find I only need to charge it once a week(ish) maybe even longer. It generally lives in the shower.

I love the timer on the pro model - tells you when to change 'zones' on your face. Kind of like an electric toothbrush telling you to brush another quadrant.

My husband bought me the Mia which I use for travel - but he uses the Mia himself as an everyday brush!

Fantastic product! I highly recommend it.