Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/4/2015 2:31:00 PM

I love this product! This has been my HG cleanser for over 10 years. My mom always bought it so I grew up using this and I still use this at 24 years old! This cleanser leaves your skin soft without stripping it at all and it gently cleanses.

I use this by first wetting a washcloth and then squirting cetephil on it and then gently rubbing the cleanser over my face with the damp wash cloth. This method cleans my face extremely well. Im also acne prone and this doesnt irrate my skin at all.

Also, I would just like to add that people should stop giving this bad ratings for not removing makeup and not clearing acne. This product is a GENTLE SKIN cleanser it is not marketed to remove makeup or to clear acne so that is your fault for buying the wrong product. If you wear a ton of makeup, you MUST use a makeup remover BEFORE using this cleanser.

on 1/3/2015 3:31:00 PM

this product somehow managed to dry my skin, but not actually clean it. top layer of my skin was dry and flaky, but underneath was oily, causing blackheads. had to go through three bottles to figure this out. throwing out now.

on 1/3/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

doesn't remove make up that well, did nothing for my acne, it only helped control some oil on my t zone

on 1/2/2015 2:51:00 PM

Bleah. Disgusting! Irritated my skin and made it dry! I don't get the hype! It happened the same with Cerave cleanser.

on 12/30/2014 11:42:00 PM

I used about 2 huge bottles of this, the big ones you can get at costco. I don't really like it. I was looking for a very basic, simple cleanser when I ran across this. It didn't do much for my skin, in fact it dried it out. My skin is oily and acne prone, so It isn't normally dried out easily. On top of that, it contains sodium lauryl sulfate which I am trying to avoid using. I gave it two lippies for the price for the quantity, and since it really does "clean" your skin.

I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 12/27/2014 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This didn't help in my late teens when my skin was oily, but ten years later, my skin is drier, stretchier, and continues to be plagued by painful acne - and Cetaphil now works well for it. Foaming cleansers dry out my skin so much that I am literally left in pain. I still have to follow up Cetaphil with a moisturiser post-haste, but it's markedly better than other cleansers. It doesn't work wonders on my acne but doesn't worsen it.

It is not a makeup remover so can't be judged by the parameters of one. Use a separate remover and then finish up with this, and you're all good.

on 12/26/2014 11:13:00 PM

This product to me is not that great and this is just my opinions people have theirs. It don't like the way it feels and I don't like the way it smells either. All I am saying is you can try it for yourself or you can not if you are picky. If you are picky about what you get then no if you are not hen yes you should get this product. The only reason I tried it. Was because I forgot mine I was staying at my grandmothers and she uses this product. I tried it I did not really like it at all!!!!!!

on 12/24/2014 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product isn't bad ... But it isn't wonderful either. Basically, this product does nothing to my face. Okay, it probably helped in cleaning because I use it 2-3 times a day, but it does absolutely no help in helping to clear up my face. I have a lot of acne on my face, but this doesn't helps to clear it. I have been using this for about 3 months or so, if there should be any effect, it should have kicked in by now. I'm fine using it because I feel that this does help me to clean my face (grime etc)but just not clean it to the extend that my pimples will fade. Plus, my mother bought a huge bottle for me, so it can probably last for another 4-6 more months. I'll most likely try something else when it runs out, so no, I'll most likely not be repurchasing.

on 12/23/2014 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This cleanser feels so dreamy on my skin. Whenever I would use a foaming cleanser on my dry skin, my face felt like it was so tight that I couldn't move it. The consistency of this is almost like a lotion, which my skin loves. I love this cleanser and will continue to repurchase over and over again :) never broke me out or gave me any kind of reaction. Love it!!

on 12/21/2014 12:08:00 PM

Way too gentle and mild for my combination-oily skin.
I would use this in a pinch if it's the only available facial wash, but I really prefer my washes to be a bit foamy.