November 25, 2014 | 980 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ClaudieCat

I'm the kind of person that's allergic to just about everything, including store bought foundation! It's sad because I have to spend a lot just for foundation & powder. But when I tried Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for the first time a few weeks ago I was amazed at how gentle & sensitive it is on your skin. It's amazing & the price is pretty fair because it's just an overall amazing product. Just take it from someone who has to go to the doctor almost every time she uses some kind if new soap or makeup because of an allergic reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by elle918

Absolutely love my Cetaphil. It should be a staple in every home. The only flaw, and it isn't even really a flaw, is that it is so easily matched by their generic competetors. You can buy the Equate version of Cetaphil and get the same exact results, saving you money. I don't use this every single day, but I do use it 4 times a week, using more "heavy duty" cleansers on off-days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by WaywardDaughter

This stuff is amazing! After struggling with typical teenage acne, I turned to harsh prescriptions. After a few weeks, my acne went down but my skin got dry and sensitive; even my gentle moisturiser stung! I decided to try Cetaphil again after many years, and it is PERFECT for me. It is so gentle, yet cleans so well. Using Cetaphil while on Tactuo is the perfect balance for me. My acne has gone down to one or two zits a week and my skin is returning to its normal balance.

One more thing: I've seen a lot of complaints about the price, but if you think about it you are getting a LOT of product and a little goes a long way. You only need half a pump for each wash and the bottle is huge! This stuff is going to last me a year, using it morning and night.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by yayajordana

Very gentle, takes off some makeup but not all. Doesn't dry out your skin. Hate that it still contains parabens:(.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really, really was hoping to love this stuff! Now that it's summer, my normally dry skin has changed to combination. I just ran out of the cleanser from pond's I had been using before and thought this would be the perfect chance to try something new. Well, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser broke me out. I have decent skin so I wasn't looking for anything too fancy to clean my skin. This stuff though, man. It gave me horrible acne all around my chin, lips, and forehead and made my pores huge. Not to mention the red irritation that occurred after a week. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction or what, but all the problems started healing immediately when I bought a new product. So, this one is not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is EXTREMELY gentle. I use this for my morning cleanser since my skin has not been through too much during night time. However when it comes to night time I do not go for this since it is too gentle, even on days without makeup it doesn't cleanse enough for me.

Texture is weird. No smell.
Doesn't leave my skin dried up of moisture.

Again, I would use this only in the morning when I do not need to have much cleaned off my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this cleanser only in the morning. It doesn't take off my makeup or much of anything because it is so gentle. I love using it in the morning though! It hydrates my oily skin but doesn't strip it. It is a bit pricey, I think $10 but it is a very nice calming morning cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, my two cents. I have horridly sensitive/reactive skin, and pretty much by this point I need a doctor because no single products helps, and even ones that do, there are still problems. I've tried a billion other things, including the foaming version (which I liked less, hate the smell) and cerave, etc.

I've been using this cleanser since the end of last month and there have been improvements such as less dryness, over all nice tone and more softness. However, I still got a few cysts which doesn't happen with every cleanser, and bumps which I always seem to have anyway. And I almost feel I can't blame this cleanser either, though it could be, you never know. At least my skin overall wasn't acting too crazy. I don't really care about the makeup removing or whatever, since good skin health is more important and I haven't been wearing it lately anyway. But I still have to keep this at about 3 stars because I can't be sure it's not causing some reactions, and at the same time, other products were all worse, so I have to take what I can get. I'm going to attempt to use it AM only, and another 'sensitive' wash that wasn't perfect (and was actually too drying) for PM in case it helps with the bumps/pimples and also makeup removing.

I start to wonder if half my reviews are on products that are fine, but only I'm the problem. :( I do think this would work on 'normal' people who don't have uncontrollable acne or adult acne. Idk about them but it didn't stop it for me, I don't think anything will, honestly.

Update: I stopped using this after a few months. The Dr didn't help either. By that point I was on Cetaphil antibacterial bar and honestly neither was fantastic. I agree with the reviewers who said it does nothing for acne. Maybe for mature skin that doesn't react but not for me. I still have problems, but currently using two different Mario Badescu cleansers is working better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this in the mornings after waking up since I don't have makeup on. My skin is dry and cleansing it twice a day with water and foaming cleanser is too much for it. This product allows me to gently cleanse my face without water and drying out my skin.

I use the formula for gentle sensitive skin. I can't imagine using this as a primary cleanser to remove makeup as it is far too gentle. I notice since using it this way my skin is dewy and supple all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lauraguise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is just so harmless and versatile. My dermatologist recommended it when I had bad reactions to foaming cleansers, and an allergy to sunblock (does anyone else have this problem??)
As a cleanser you really just can't expect much, I don't mean this in a negative way, rather how you wouldn't expect baby shampoo to do much for oily hair. So if you're looking to clear out serious acne this product probably isn't for you, but if your skin dries out easily or you just want a daily remover more than water this is excellent.
I mentioned versatile: I use this as a moisturiser too. Cetaphil has its own moisturising products, but this is less oily. Instructions say that this can be applied without water so clearly there are no effects of leaving it on, and its non comedogenic so it won't clog your pores.

Really harmless, good moisturiser too, love it.