Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been hearing so much good stuff about this product, from the YT beauty community to regular posters on here, commenting how much of a HG it is to them, so I tried it out.

Just for your reference, I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin!

1) I honestly don't find it to be that great of a product......I find that when i use this cleanser it just leaves a barrier between the product itself and my skin..and I'm not too sure whether I'm fond of the idea because I somehow don't find it to be "clean".

2) I use it on a daily basis. Some people have mentioned that this product has cured their acne....but it didn't for me!! I had some breakouts occasionally (that time of the month / or clogged pores since I wear makeup on an everyday basis due to my job) and I tried using this but it DOES NOT solve the problem. It does not soothe the redness...or anything like that! I just find that it does not have any kind of healing properties - not that the product claims to have any of that but hearing from different opinions, I definitely do not find it that way.

All in all...I don't find it that much of a HG. I definitely will NOT repurchase this...i have not even used up yet and already considering thrashing this to the bin. If anything, for my skin condition (if any of you reading this also has similar problems as I do), just stick to Eau Thermale Avene gel cleanser (recommended by my dermatologist - works amazingly and solved my acne problems) or Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser - BOTH of them works great and I truly see results.

Hope that helps!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

My friend uses this and I do too. It works wonders for my skin! I have sensitive and combination skin. This cleanser leaves my face fresh and clean, and never causes breakouts. But everyone has different skin, so yeah.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I do not find this to leave my skin feeling in any way clean when I just wash and rinse it off. The only way I can get any type of a clean feeling is if I wash, rinse and then use a facecloth with very hot water to dab and rub my face.
I actually prefer using the oil cleansing method. In my opinion the least gentle part of using the OCM is having to use hot water and a face cloth to remove the oil, so I figured using the Cetaphil would allow me to skip the step of using hot water/face cloth, but it did not.
If I'm going to have to use really hot water and a facecloth, I prefer plain old coconut oil over this. Plus if I leave the coconut oil residue on my face a little bit, I know that I don't have anything strange sinking into my skin.
Not impressed. The Cetaphil is no gentler or less irritating than coconut oil.

(I typically use the oil cleansing method twice per day, however I purchased this under the advice of my dermatologist as I'm currently on Retin-A. So once a day I would use the Cetaphil before applying my Retin-A, and then the other time that I wash I would use the oil cleansing method. But I'm so displeased with the Cetaphil that I'm just going to continue using the oil cleansing method for both times that I wash my face).

Love this cleanser. Since I started using this more than 6 months ago, I've found that my complexion is less prone to break-outs. And it doesn't dry out my skin, but leaves my skin feeling soft, yet clean. I use it with my Luna which works well for removing make-up. Best deal at Costco.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My favorite cleanser. I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I can use this with impunity. No burning or irritation. Extra bonus -- it removes my makeup without stressing my skin.

My skin developed a reaction to this product after using it for a few months - I am sitting here with a red itchy face and I've started to break out and its drier than before (I switched to this to help with dryness). I googled this when it started happening and a few other people have experienced it also, its a reaction to one of the ingredients.

I used it all over my body so the rest of me isn't red but I'm itchy and skin is drier. My skin is dry/oily and extremely acne prone. Haven't changed much else with my eating or skin care besides this so I'm pretty confident this is causing the redness. I was using proactiv moisturiser (face only) which I think clogged my pores, so I stopped, but the cetaphil has caused the redness and flaking. My face feels a little like its been slightly sun-burned (that feeling after a day at the beach where its a bit tight).

My father used it as his body wash during his last year of life, as it was very gentle and cleaned really well. (He had cancer and went through both radiation and chemo). It worked great for him, no reactions so it is still a good product for some people.

Great price and easy packaging if it does work for you. It gets mascara off pretty easily (mine is non waterproof). And takes make up off if you use it twice (I don't wear make up often as my current job is only working with one other person).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the worst cleanser I have ever purchased.
Made my skin feel like crap and made me break out ...
I have naturally dry skin and I break out and always have to moisturize
This was just terrible seriously a $3 cleanser does better than this

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My face is prone to getting acne often. So I tried this product out and it dried my skin out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This was recommended to me by a dermatologist. It is the gentlest cleanser I've found, and not at all irritating for my extremely sensitive skin. But for clarity, this is not an acne treatment. It will not exacerbate your acne, but it's not intended to treat it either.

I'm not saying it didn't do anything to my face but I wouldn't buy it again. It gave me chemical burns around my mouth area and dried out my skin, causing it to produce more oil. It made my skin flaky and itch and really red. The product is really thin too so I had to pump at lest 2-3 times to get enough to cover my face and neck. I don't know if I'm just allergic to the ingredients inside the product but I know a lot of people had this problem as well. I would just stay away from this product.