April 19, 2014 | 1051 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lorel1

The only cleanser that does not irritate my skin or cause acne. It rinses clean & it does take off my makeup. I have tried many cleansers & I always return to this one! Helps calm my Rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by janaoo4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like Cetaphil, but I like Spectro better. They are both really good, very mild cleansers which every man, woman and child should have in their arsanal. If you treat your skin like valuable porcelain, than it will look like porcelain. I'm no hippy, but I've found since I started removing skin care products that had perfume, and other harsh needless irritants, my skin's condition has greatly improved. Dye and perfume do nothing beneficial for your skin, it only serves to cause inflammation. Cetaphil, and Spectro are good for having the vaste majority of their products free of such things.

I think my skin used to be caught in a vicious cycle, it was both dry and oily at the same time while being acne prone. I would use products like Oxy pads, and anything else I could find that promised to nuke my acne off the face of the Earth. My skin would be tight, flaky and dry out, then later in the day buckets worth of oil would show up. Ever since I stopped the all out war on my face, and started gently rehibilitating it, it's gotten SO much better. I only get stress acne around exams now, and my skin is never oily, even after the end of a long day. I may get flakiness around my nose in the winter, but most of my major skin problems seem to have gone away now that I'm treating my face gently and trusting it to do it's thing.

Pros:
Is easily found, availble at most stores, including Walmart ect.
Super silky cleanser effectiviley cleans without leaving the skin tight, or dry feeling.
Being unscented, Cetaphile removes unnessisary irriants that may cause further breakouts.
It seems pricy, but you get a lot of product that will last you a long time
Great for almost all skin types, even oily skin

Cons:
Spectro (types that don't have perfume) out preform it, but Spectro is harder to find
It's not strong enough to remove all makeup on it's own, however, that's what makeup remover is for. However, I use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil as my makeup remover as I use water proof mascara. It's gentler on the skin, and it's a natural moisturizer. The Cetaphil is more than strong enough to remove the olive oil once it's done it's work.

I regularily use Cetaphil, and like it, but again. I think that Spectro is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by HyruleLegends

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I personally love this cleanser. It's very mild and gentle, yet it cleanses my skin very well. I like that it's fragrance free and it does not sting my eyes. It is a little more expensive than other cleansers but for the amount that you get I believe that the price is quite fair. The packaging is good too, I like the easy pump bottle that can lock if turned one way. I have tried the Oily Skin Cleanser but did not like it as much because it contains fragrance which irritates my skin. Overall the Gentle Skin Cleanser is one that I will keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a SKIN CLEANSER!! not a MAKEUP REMOVER! Ok, that said. I personally hate this crap, its slimy and runny and feels its still sitting on top of my skin but I definately wouldnt use this to remove makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

Weak stuff. Doesn't remove makeup. Why do people like this stuff?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by anusrisbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this cleaner last month and have been using from the day 1. I am finding a lot of difference it has done to my dry skin. The packaging ofthe product is not so attractive. The price is also a bit high. But comparing to the quality of the product, I was much satisfied and will surely go to buy a second one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by TehrenAnaiis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this product in july 2013 - my mother [rip] had just started chemo treatments and her skin got really dry and she started to break out [a side effect of some medication she was on] my mom had naturally flawless skin, never needed to wear make up. so her breaking out and having skin problems was weird. her oncologist gave her a couple sample size bottles of this cleanser, saying it was the only cleanser he recommended.

she used it and it cleared her skin up, ive struggled with acne my whole life, never cystic but it was constant. my mom had purchased two bottles of this cleanser one for her and one for me, she figured it would help, and since the doctor recommended it, that it couldn't be bad. its the only cleanser I have used since.

I have naturally dry skin, I break out because I cannot keep my face moisturized so it over produces oils and I breakout. but im never oily. its weird. ive used a lot of product on my face, neostrata, schisedo, aveeno, clinque, Clearasil, st ives. anything and everything basically. and nothing ever kept me moisturized and was gentle enough. this was.

since ive been using this I only break out around my period and its not even near as bad as it was I only get one or two small pimples. I use this cleanser with Clinique toner, and cetaphil moisturizer. its amazing. I don't think I will ever use anything else. HOWEVER. it isn't strong enough to remove make up.

my holy grail product for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

One of the few cleansers that don't irritate my face and remove my makeup. This stuff is so cheap for what you get. HUGE pump bottle from Target for 9 bucks. Stuff will last me a year. I accidentally bought the one for oily skin and I have dry and got nervous. It's fine. It didn't strip the moisture or make it drier.

It doesn't have anything fancy or special about it, it's just a very good cleanser that actually does what it says. I can remove makeup with this easily. It rinses clean without a problem and does get down into the pores.

Great product for such a low price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by tresbelle15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging:
The packaging of this product is really nothing special. It's not really considered "cute," but does the job pretty well. My only complaint is that it is nearly impossible to get the last bit of product out because of the pump. You almost ALWAYS have to pour some out into your hands (which I don't really mind).

Price:
I personally don't think this product is too expensive, especially with the amount you get. One bottle lasts me about 3+ months, which is totally worth the $10-15 (depending on where you purchase it).

Pros:
-Cleans skin thoroughly
-Doesn't cause breakouts
-Gentle
-Doesn't irritate eyes

Cons:
None!

Texture:
A creamy, almost silky gel. It feels really moisturizing and smooth when being applied.

Smell:
None

Comments:
I have tried about 10+ different facial washes, and continue to return back to this. It's so simple, yet works really well. I still haven't found a product that beats it. Plus, it is incredible for sensitive skin like mine. It's non-comedogenic and scent-free, so it doesn't cause any irritation!