August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by MissArianna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this for the hype and I wish I didn't buy the big bottle. It really doesn't do anything for my skin. I've tried it with and without my Conair Sonic Face Brush and it still didn't make any difference. I actually found I broke out more often with this cleanser rather than with my other cleansers. I've used up about half the bottle now hoping it works better the next time I use it, but it never does.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by balletbeauty7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had chronic acne as a teenager and as I've gotten into my mid 20s I've really struggled with how my skin has changed. While I still get the occasional outbreak, my skin is incredibly dry, to the point where it was beginning to crack, especially around my forehead. I'd been trying to use natural products only like coconut oil but my skin did not respond. I switched entirely to Cetaphil and my skin has been great ever since. It took a while to get used to washing with a non foaming cleanser but I can't use anything else now. Others have mentioned that it doesn't remove makeup but I've not experienced this at all. I usually use a washcloth or clarisonic with it if I have makeup on and it removes everything

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by xsk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! great for sensitive skin people like me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Myrahotchkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product as it was recommended for acne prone skin but if you are sensitive to fatty alcohols - please avoid!

The plus side to this cleanser is that it isn't foaming, so it just isn't drying at all. It's therefore a little harder to feel like you've cleansed your face adequately but I think you just have to trust the product.

It does not remove even slight remnants of makeup AT ALL, so use a makeup remover first and make sure you get everything!

As mentioned previously, the cleanser contains two types of fatty alcohol which case breakouts for a lot of people (myself included) and also contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a detergent that is both acne forming and irritating for many people.

I found this clogged my pores only a little, but also didn't cleanse my face as well as I would have liked so I won't be purchasing again. I have instead gifted it to my eczema suffering [male] housemate who seems to like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Calistacyra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say this product is OK.. I don't know what's so good about it, I mean like it is a decent product but not like WOWW.. Ya know what I mean rite. My dermatologist recommends this and said her other patients saw improvements.. Well it leaves my face clean but not tight. I don't use it everyday cuz it has built in moisturiser in it so it is not my acne's best friend but just acquaintance. I think this is too dry for my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I have acne prone skin so I don't use this all the time as it would do nothing to combat my blemishes. I do love using this when my AHA cleansers are feeling a little overpowering and I need a day off of them. I like using this a lot in the shower too. I let it sit on my face for about 5 minutes as it loosens up my make up, then I use my Olay pro x spin brush to get in there and get all the make up off. It works perfectly. So gentle and soft on my skin. I feel like if I had blemish free skin this would be my cleanser all the time. It's super cheap too and at every walmart, target, walgreens, etc..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kittyinglasses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about 3-4+ years now, and I have yet to find anything as gentle and effective as this. I really like it, I use it twice a day, one in my shower in the morning, and once to wash off my make up at night. I don't use waterproof/longwearing foundation or blush or concealer, so it doesn't seem to have any trouble getting my makeup off besides my mascara which I use eye makeup remover on anyway.

Great basic cleanser, have repurchased MANY times!
Would recommend.

EDIT: After using this product for over 6 years, I have found it no longer works for me causes blackheads, and causes a slight burning sensation in my skin. I switched a month and a half ago to Queen Helene Cleansing Cream, and find it accomplishing everything Cetaphil never did. I will continue using Cetaphil as a wash for my legs after shaving, but other than that, I do not think I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by catlink664

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this on my make up brushes. Normally get it at costco. Gently enough

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Lubby89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this product and decided to try it since I have dry sensitive skin and I was disappointed. It's like cleaning your face with lotion and doesn’t remove makeup not that I even wear a lot of makeup and I used a makeup remover before cleaning my face with this and still not impressed.
I also noticed this product also made my face shiny even though I have dry skin somehow it made me have shiny oil skin. I also found out it contains parabens! I dont know why everyone likes this product? Not sure, but everyone’s skin is different and for me this product did not work and I will not buy again or recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by 3MariaM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for 3 years just because I cannot find any gentle facial cleanser out in the market. I started using this as it was recommended by my sister who is a nurse. A week ago, as I read in the internet, we need to watch out the ingredients that we put in our face so I tried reading it and behold, other ingredients that people say you need to avoid are anything that say parabens are dangerous to skin, and I saw it in this product. I just bought a whole new 12oz bottle. I will consume it but after that I probably be switching to Neutrogena Cleanser which does not have any parabens on its ingredients!