December 22, 2014 | 1407 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Body Shop body butters, and I have tried most of them but this one is my FAVOURITE!!! Yesterday I was told by TBS sales assistant that the whole brazil nut line has been discontinued in the UK, as Brazil Nut and Almond lines were the worst selling ones (what?!!)... SO sad... Gladly I bought the whole line when it was on sale in January.
It smells amazing, so comforting and soft. It moisturises beautifully - not sticky, no residue, easy to work with.
try to get it whilst you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite body butter EVER.

BUT it has just gone into my local Body Shop sale (Xmas 2009/Jan 2010) And it is being discontinued in all UK stores as far as I've been told. This is RIDICULOUS to me as it has the most reviews in the Body Shop section on this website!! I don't know what they are thinking in discontinuing it. Hopefully they will keep making it for future sales?

It smells just divine, a toffee like scent and it is one of the most moisturizing out of the body butter range. I took this on holiday with me last summer and it also kept the gnats away!! I'd recommend this product (as well as the Brazil Nut Whip lotion) to everyone and hope that it isn't being discontinued for good!! XX

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in love! I didn't have good experience with body butters in the past due to its overbearing scent, sticky and heaviness, oily residue, and lack of ability providing adequate moisture beyond my Aveeno lotion but reading all the good reviews here I decided to give it a try again since my legs are becoming lizard skin in the cold lately. Thinking about it, $20 for a tub of lotion when I can get one for around $7 is expensive but what I'm looking for is the experience of feeling pampered and luxurious when I use it and it's exactly what I get.
First of all, the smell of this butter is amazingly light and natural, not overbearing at all so I can still wear perfume if I want to over it. It's not too sticky, or heavy, or too light, but melts into my skin on contact and leaves a slightly sheen. It also spreads easily so I can massage it into my skin slowly.
Not only does it work, this product also leaves me excited to moisturize and look forward to taking care of my skin. A+ product

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by mimi87

After a month's trial, I feel I am justified in writing this review. I had extremely dry skin this past winter which was worsened by a horrible Garnier body exfoliator I had used. I was wanting a rich body butter to deliver all the moisture it possibly could to relieve the terrible itching, so bad it resulted in bleeding scabs. This cream has all the good qualities I expect in a cream:

Easily spreadable
Quickly absorbed
Healthy sheen finish
Long lasting moisture
Non-irritating
Mild (nut) fragrance

A month later and my scab scarring has faded and dry skin has become supple and soft. And this isn't even prescription cream! I feel just that little bit more special during each experience with this cream due to it's luxurious consistency and glamorous sheen. Especially after a hot shower!

Unfortunately I do have a main complaint. The jar can be unsanitary, although I do use a plastic spatula it's just too much effort for the hefty price tag. I got the 200g off eBay for close to $AUD 30 which is a bit much...however it is a wonderful luxury cream which will not disappoint those who feel like some pampering after a long day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by shaecode

I like this, but stick to the small size, the big one always dries up before i can use it all! Nice smell and very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

Very moisturizing - thick but not greasy body butter. I also really love the subtle comforting scent

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products!! It smells so lovely, and feels like silk on my skin.

I haven't been able to find this at any of my locations of the Body Shop for over 3 years...maybe they don't carry anymore.

I was very sad when I ran out...
I guess I'll just have to use the other 6 scents I have... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by kairos

This is an all-time-favourite for me. It moisturize my skin perfectly... my skin absorbs it pretty fast, but it leaves a nice healthy shine, without feeling greasy. And I'm in love with the smell... a light sweet smell, difficult to put a name to it, but just great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This body butter smells divine. This is one of my all time favourite products from The Body Shop. It hydrates my dry skin well, but my only problem is that it would be really expensive if I made this into my regular moisturiser. I'm not a fan of the tub packaging, but I love the cream so much it doesn't deter me. I've bought this about 3-4 times and would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sakuraharu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product because it works, smells only a little, it's natural and ok for my allergy prone skin. The best part is that my husband is ok with the smell(because it smells very little) and it's a natural smell.

The only thing I don't like is that the container is a bother to open and close. All the turning and getting it aligned correctly! It would be nice if it snapped open and closed. Because it and most lotions have EDTA (harmless chemical with a super long name), which prevents bacterial growth, it is sanitary, unless it's very very old. So don't worry about that.