September 1, 2014 | 1554 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A Micro

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by justwishin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

QUESTION: Has this caused hair loss for anyone here? I found a lot of bad stories about that online...apparently this stuff gets absorbed into your system and the Vit. A can cause issues.

Anyway, for skin it's great. I use it for anti-aging only. Because it is in a gel base that is very astringent (alcohol I think) I mix it 50/50 with Cerave moisturizing cream and it works very well. Using just once a week, it has smoothed the appearance of my pores and seems to firm, plump and tighten the skin (slightly). Lines decrease somewhat, but crow's feet actually get a lil' worse so don't use around the eyes. Overall though, I prefer the regular Retin-A cream to this. This one is definitely more for the acne crowd.

I use the .025%

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Hwomack10

Disaster. I'm on week two and its so disheartening. My skin has never looked so rancid, I feel like a scary monster *sigh. However, the reviews are quite upbeat, so I intend to stick with it. Am hoping my LED light will heal the current purging my skin has succumbed to. Any advice? Yipes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by eflippin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using RAM about 2 months ago in conjunction with Clindamycin. At first, I was so depressed and embarrassed by my skin. I was breaking out and my skin was very irritated. There were so many times when I wanted to stop using the product but I read up on many reviews and they all seemed to state that it will get better- it does. My skin is much more smoother and I don't break out on my chin as often I as did before using the product. I still get pimples but the frequency, quantity and duration have improved significantly. I have tried so many different products throughout the years and have been completely disappointed. I never had the patience and I discovered that with this product, you need to be patient. As for my skin regimen, I wash my face in the morning with a foaming salicylic acid wash followed by Clindamycin; at night I use a glycolic wash by Glyctone, wait 30 mins then apply a pea-sized amount of the RAM. Like I said before, don't give up! Be patient! It will get better! Hope this helps someone who is feeling frustrated.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by alwaysmandee

Well, I've come to the end of my journey with this product, and I hope my review will be helpful to somebody. I used Retin A in high school (10 years ago) with good success. Fast forward to now, I have been struggling with hormonal acne mainly on my chin, above my mouth and between my eyebrows. I asked my doctor for Retin A based on my prior experience and all of the glowing reviews. Alas, it has been 13 weeks and I can no longer bear the stress, anxiety and shame I felt from the condition of my skin. It seems the purging stage never ended for me. I kept a week by week photo journal of my "progress", but stopped at week 8 because I was becoming so disheartened. I endured cyst after cyst, big pustules and papules like I've never seen before, and as a result, considerable scarring. My face was an angry, deep red for the duration of my usage. My skin felt oily and slick with the product on. Peeling wasn't horrific for me, as I have the oiliness skin on the planet. For reference, I was using Retin A cream, 0.25 strength. I paid about $18 with my Kaiser insurance. One tube last the entire mongrels and I used it every night. Less than a week ago I made the decision to stop waiting for a miracle and begin using benzoyl peroxide again. Already there has been a significant improvement unlike i had ever seen while using Retin a. My advice: seek other acne treatments for hormonal acne; use an antibiotic in conjunction with retin a if possible because the inevitable purging is extreme and painful if you have congested skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lyshernan28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
Today marks week 7 and I' pretty content with my face. It's not the best I still have little break outs but not as many at once I only have 2 at the moment and are mostly gone. I have A LOT of scarring due to my purging on my right cheek but I cover it with my makeup so it doesn't bother me for now. I just want to get my face cleared up and I'll treat the scars after. I have seen some peeling going on around my breakout areas but that was just one day. Honestly I'm glad that my face was able to tolerate the medication and didn't become a mess. I broke out worse than ever before but not bad bad, but for me it was since I was used to having clear skin. Experienced irritation a couple times while washing my face, experienced dryness only once and peeling once. I have an appointment on the 28th just to have a check up so my dermatologist can see how my face is doing. Let's see what he says.. I'm hoping he'll prescribe me something to start treating the scarring.

Skin Care Regimen:
AM:
-CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser
-Burt's Bee's Citrus Facial Scrub
(Use it either morning or night, whenever I feel like my face needs it)
-Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15
PM:
-Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash
-CeraVe's Hydrating Cleanser
-Wait 30 minutes and apply pea size if RAM
-IF NEEDED, I'll wait an hour an apply CeraVe's PM Moisturizer only to dry areas.

Everything I'm using is Dermatologist Recommended except the Burt's Bee's but it is natural with no harsh chemicals so that should be good. So far so good with my experience with these products while on RAM, first time using them all.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by msamrca

I have only used this product for a week, so my review is not full yet. My experience so far has been kinda weird. I have normal skin, but I got a really bad breakout on my cheeks, which just wouldn't go away. This product has dried out all the actives I had, produced a minor breakout on my forehead and has made my skin pretty oily. I am still waiting for the big irritation, redness, dry, itchy, massive breakout, etc. to occur. The Dr. prescribed .01% RAM in conjunction with clyndamicin (sp?). Also, I feel like the RAM doesn't spread evenly throughout my face, like there isn't enough. I still only apply a pea size anyway.
Anyone else experienced these issues? Is this normal? I will be writing an update once I really get a good run of this product.

My regime:
AM: cerave face wash, apply dime-size clyndamicin, wait for it to dry, lightly apply aveeno blemish control & neutrogena 70 spf
PM: biore face wipes (to wipe away makeup), cerave face wash, wait 20 minutes, RMA

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by anna408726

I am currently using generic Retin A Micro 0.04% gel, a transition from Differin gel 0.1% due to Differin being ineffective on my combo/sensitive skin. Generic tretinoin tends to cause more irritation than the brand name which I have realized by using this about a year ago and immediately stopped using because of it. Out of being desperate, I decided to give RAM a try again, but with a ratio of 50:50 in conjunction of my Cethaphil moisturizing cream. It has been 1 week and I have already seen improvement! No irritation, no redness, slight dry skin and a couple of actives but are literally gone the next day. I also use clindamycin gel 1% in the mornings. My routine: Wash my face with water, pat dry, wait 20 mins and apply clindamycin. At night I use FAB (can get it at Sephora) to remove makeup and cetaphil gentle cleanser. 30 mins later, RAM with Cetaphil moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by msponn10

I've been using the 0.1% for about three months now, and the first month was soooo terrible. I would get these big red pimples with white heads on them, ya know the ones that really hurt, along with the excessive peeling of the skin.The first two weeks, nothing really changed, but then after a month my face broke out so much. HOWEVER, now I feel like my skin is much clearer . The packaging said that results would be seen in 6-8 weeks, but if you dont see results, be patient. It'll be worth it in the end. Don't skip your dose. I forgot my Rein-A micro at home when I was traveling for a week, and I broke out, so always remember to apply it !
AM Routine:
Biore Ice Cleanser
Elta MD SPF46 Ultra Clear Loition

PM Routine:
Biore Ice Cleanser
Pea Size amount of Retin-A Micro

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Yessuhfosho

I've been using this product for a little over 2 and a half months now and it hasn't done much. At first it just stung a bit, then my skin started peeling like CRAZY, and this was during harsh winter months too, so peeling X2. I couldn't even smile or my face would crack/peel and had to take a small bottle of Spectro Acne-Prone moisturizer to school and apply after every period, and then my face would look like I slicked 5 pounds of oil on it and my face isn't even that oily. I then started using Olay classic moisturizer and the peeling started to stop and now it only peels around my nose area, and my face is red under the eye area. Although it is doing ABSOLUTELY nothing for my acne scars (mostly on my cheeks), it has helped a lot with the acne I had and now only have scars with a FEW small pimples here and there. I also must add that the pump bottle it comes in is great because it gives me just the amount I need (2 pumps). Overall I think this product just needs time so if your patient enough (I know I am) try it.

UPDATE: Alright, so it's been six months and I know a lot of you will be disappointed to hear, but it is my fault that it hasn't worked to the best of its ability. This is because after the 4 and a half month mark I gave up. This is because I was so stressed out and then a couple more pimples grew because of my stressing, but I blamed it on the Retin- A Micro and stopped using it for the 5th month. During the 5th month I didn't see as many pimple as I thought I would if I was off Retin- A, but I did grow some. At the beginning of this month though (the sixth month) I started using it again and having started this month with only scars on my cheeks and two large pimples, now that I look at my skin, I can tell that the two large pimples are almost gone and the scars are very small. On top of that, the skin that had very small pimples or nothing at all looks great, and VERY clear (except my nose which will always have problems [it's just oily and a little red on the sides]). But other than this, I think that by the end of the summer IF I STICK TO MY REGIMEN, (and remember to moisturize EVERY morning or it will turn into pie crust again) I will be pretty much clear :) I will update in about 3 months :) or maybe once after each month.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by peanut32

LOVE it. I think this is the best acne/wrinkle treatment ever. So much less irritation than with traditional retin-a cream or gel which made my skin burn and bright red. I use the .04% gel.