January 30, 2015 | 1997 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Ultimate Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just dumped a butt-load of $$$ on a consultant & one of the items I got was the Ultimate mascara in black. Took some time to apply but wasn't too hard or cumbersome to get it on, no bad clumping, didn't sting or burn or flake or smear on my eyes for hours (haven't tried wearing it all day yet). My favorite part is how easily it washed right off with my regular face cleanser & no lingering residue whatsoever. Winner! Part I hated the most was the cost. The brush is great & workable. Verdict is still out though as to whether I would buy this again... like all Mary Kay products, it's costly. If it continues to perform well or even better than my initial good impression, I'll be likely shell out the cash again for it.
Oh, I forgot! The results... doesn't give me vavavoom lashes but does enhance my natural lash & makes them look more....I don't know, feminine? Not over the top, but definitely more girly, made up without much of that makeup look. Where my natural lashes look like they don't exist, this mascara brings them out, so the overall effect is natural looking lashes but more visible. Yes, like others have said here, this mascara/wand formula doesn't curl lashes but it does lift mine up & open up my eyes. I look alert, perky, attentive... awake. That's a good look.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by bellalaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made the inside of my eyes break out in whiteheads.

The tube before ended me up in urgent care with some sort of odd eye infection.

I then realized that the packages are not sealed, so I really don't have a guarantee there wasn't some sort of contamination. The mascara comes in a box that is not taped shut, nor is there any tape or sealer around the tube itself.

Since I quit using it I don't have any more issues with my eyes.

Beware of product that isn't sealed because you really don't know if its been contaminated.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ROSESAPPHIREx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! A few days ago, I was putting on my eye makeup when I found out I had no mascara left whatsoever. I was panicking and asked my mom if we could go to the store to get me some more mascara, when she reminded me her friend gave her a sample of this mascara (my mother can't wear mascara because she's allergic to something in it). So she handed it to me, I swiped it on, and WOW! My lashes were long, lush, and fluttery with just one coat. If it weren't for her sample, I would have never found out about this amazing mascara! The brush resembles that of Maybelline's Great Lash, only better. The bristles are thicker and less gapped than GL's, and it doesn't get smothered in too much product. It's a greay eberyday mascara, as well as one for going out. I definitely recommend it. :) I also suggest that you curl your lashes before putting this on. It makes a huge difference!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by larochea1

I use this daily. It doesn't curl well on it's own so I use a lash curler before applying. I like how it lengthens and adds volume to my lashes. A great everyday mascara. You do need to find a Mary Kay consultant to purchase, but don't let that defer you from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by maroonbeam

I didn't actually buy this for myself; my mom gave it to me because she didn't want it anymore. And I know, I know...throw out your mascara after 3 months. I'm glad my mom didn't, because this mascara is the best! It gives me super-long, dark, lush lashes when I curl my eyelashes beforehand, and I've even gotten some compliments on it. This is the best mascara I have tried, and I have been on the lookout for the best mascara of all for a long time. Somehow, this takes the prize!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by cassiewest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been searching for my HG mascara for what seems like a decade, I have never been truly satisfied with any mascara (well actually I think it's my eyelashes I'm dissatisfied with buy anyway). I have medium length eyelashes, that are super straight and do not like to curl what so ever they're also fine so I have a problem with them falling even more with heavy products. I have succumbed to wearing false lashes which I'm totally fine with, so my needs in a mascara is something that's dark and blends well with the flasies. I got this as part of kit and totally not expecting to love it tho. Surprise surprise it's a great formula and I love it! I've been using it for a few months now, only thing I'm going to change is to buy it in waterproof since I've moved my eyes have been watering a lot, alergies :( But all in all I think I've found my HG mascara so exciting!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first time trying a Mary Kay mascara and so far I love it. The formula is very nice and works well. The brush is long and helps nicely to thinken the lashes. Plus I did notice that it did last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by fatuality

I love this mascara!!! it made my very curly lashes look great and tamed. I would buy over and over again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by MadyCakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this mascara, I am a big fan of Mary Kays Signature Waterproof Mascara, and had higher expectations of this, seeing as it was a bit more pricey. I love the consistency and the brush, it leaves virtually no clumps, but it really weighs my lashes down, and uncurls my curled lashes. It's not the worst mascara I have used, but for the price vs. the end result, I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by playcrackthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara so much. it makes my lashes look super long and thick. the only thing i hate is that it smudges really easily. for someone who's a little clumsy while applying things, like me, you might want to stay away, because those smudges will get EVERYWHERE.