October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been copied by many companies recently and is now readily available in the U.K. It is mild and effective and seems to suit sensitive skin. I don't find if that great as an eye makeup remover - it struggles to remove mascara in my opinion but is good as a general makeup remover and cleanser with no reaction from my very touchy skin. Lasts a long time as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Dej

I love this makeup removing cleanser. It is ultra gentle and does not make my skin red ever. It also takes my fairly heavy makeup off INSANELY well for a micellaire solution! Wonderful for everyone but especially for somebody that likes a simple all in one cleansing product! Also good for those don't wash my face before bed types out there! Bedside with some cotton and you're golden.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by annasofiewa

This is amazing for sensible skin and very soothing. I never use waterproof mascara but it removes normal mascara and makeup very easily. Have just bought my second half liter bottle, wouldn't live without. It is pricey but worth it as you use it every day and can do that for nearly a year (at least for me).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Hawkesbe

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! My skin feels SO clean, it's easy to use-just swipe with a cotton pad. Does not strip my skin or leave it dry. I will always use as part of my daily routine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hayleyrex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I finally realized why my skin was so dry and dehydrated all of the time, no matter what products I used... it was because I was using water to cleanse my face and my tapwater is corrupt! So I moved into using rinse-free cleansers, and decided to start with this one since it has so many good reviews.

Pros: This cleanser FEELS amazing. Putting it on it's like using a cotton pad covered in the most hydrating, clean and fresh feeling imaginable. Afterwards, I'm not counting down the milliseconds until I get some moisturizer on my face. If I judge what comes off on my cotton pad, it does a good job of basic cleansing, however...

Cons: It does NOT remove mascara AT ALL, not without scrubbing at your eyes. If you tend to wear heavy makeup, I wouldn't bother using this, not cause it wouldnt work, but because you would end up using too much product too fast and this stuff is expensive. Sometimes I will use two pads to take everything off and I hate that. Which brings me to con #2: you often end up pouring too much onto your cotton pad if you're not careful. A little goes a long way.

A part of me hates that I'm probably basically buying water in a very expensive container, but if you're like me and have tried every single rinse off cleanser on the planet with no success, then this is what you want to be buying. Hey, if it works, it works!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Peenutasha

This stuff gave me tiny bumps all over my chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nevs029

I love this stuff! I use it as the first step of my night time cleansing regime - before my Kiehls foaming cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc. It works really well to remove makeup on the face (although I've heard it isn't too super at removing waterproof mascara - I don't use waterproof though so this isn't a problem for me). But the biggest benefit for me is that is leaves my skin really smooth and soft. It feels really calming and gentle and my sensitive skin has been better than it has been in years since I started using it. My redness has decreased and any flakiness has also gone too. I'm really happy with this product - definitely worth trying if you have sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Bioderma Créaline is an unscented "rinseless" cleansing water, or micellar solution, in a patented formulation for sensitive skin. Its properties as a makeup remover are secondary. Créaline's cult status internationally can be credited to its popularity among professional makeup artists, who need a gentle product that may be used often on many different skin types. In France, one 500 ml bottle costs about €10. A version for oily skin, Bioderma Sébium H2O, is also available (in blue and green packaging), though I haven't tried it.

I have acne-prone combination skin (oily in the t-zone, not especially sensitive) and use Créaline as a morning alternative to my normal cleanser (presently that's Bioderma's Sébium foaming gel as recommended by my dermatologist), and at night if I am too tired to cleanse properly or otherwise in danger of stumbling into bed without washing my face. I also like it as a toner to apply throughout hot summer days when I am indoors and not wearing makeup or SPF. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, rather than filmy or stripped, while controlling shine. My boyfriend uses it as his primary cleanser and one bottle still lasts us several months.

This product will probably NOT easily remove heavy eye makeup like mascara, and if you purchase Créaline for the first time with this expectation you will be disappointed. Using it immediately before or after a second cleanser, as many reviews here describe doing, is kind of redundant, and could feasibly disturb your skin's pH balance if you're sensitive to overcleansing. For its intended purposes as an effective one-step micellar cleanser that will not irritate skin, however, Créaline is simply superlative and its reputation as an essential is well-deserved.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

This cleanser irritated my skin worse than any product I have EVER used in my 30+ years (and I've used many).
After only a few days of use the skin around my lips became really dry, and the corners of my mouth became very chapped. No amount of lip balm, creams, etc. made any difference. At first I thought it was a new toothpaste I started using around the same time. But once I noticed dry patches appearing under my eyes and nose area, I knew it was the Bioderma.
This stuff is just corrosive... it ate through my skin's moisture barrier and destroyed my lips and eyes. It's been almost a week since I've stopped using it, and while my lips are almost back to normal, the skin around my eyes is still red, itchy and swollen. Thanks Bioderma...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so bad after all of the amazing reviews. It performed well and felt refreshing. But after about a week, I started breaking out so bad all over my face. So now I'm stuck with a huge bottle of this stuff. :(