April 17, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Reba34

Love the way it looks. But I find that after a few hours my oil is showing through. And after using it several days in a row my skin dries out and gets flaky

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lizzylikeslipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this a holy grail product for a lot of people, so I was very dissapointed to find it didn't work for me.

Application was fine for me with either my hands or the real techniques expert face brush, and I did like the buildable medium-heavy coverage it gave. However, it is a probably the heaviest feeling foundation I've ever used, and as well as covering breakouts it made them worse. I'll occasionally use it when my skin looks awful, but unfortunately it just makes the spots and general tone/texture of my skin look and feel much worse.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was great until it started cracking around my mouth and nose severely. Also it broke me out so bad I had to discontinue using it. I really wanted to like it but it just wasn't for me

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by aqualeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Okay so I have not used this in a while but, when I did use it I had a love/ hate relationship with this product. It seemed like I would use it and have flawless coverage, and a great application with it a few days and then one day it would be absolutely horrible looking. Sometimes it would get caked up on and around my nose and in some spots on my forehead and chin..but, I will say I always thought it was a fail in my own application. I only used a damp sponge with this because this for me needed to be full coverage but sheered out just a little to be more wearable. So all in all I had some great flawless doll like experiences with this foundation that I will always remember. And if and when I finally get a beauty blender I can finally have something to really perfect my foundation application for liquids, as of now I am using a powder foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After realizing my previous foundation (CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1) was ruining my skin, I needed to find something else. I read a lot of positive reviews on this and wanted to see if it was as amazing as everyone said. The first time I tried it I hated it. I got a shade too dark and applied way more than needed, resulting in an orangey sticky face. I really wanted to like this so I exchanged it for a lighter shade and used a brush for application. It seemed to instantly improve my skin and last all day with minimal shine. It does give a dewy finish but I kind of like that. It cakes very easily but using a brush gave a more flawless look and I would definitely recommend that to anyone who says it feels heavy on their skin. It is transfer resistant and long-wearing so it is a little harder to remove, but I find that to mostly be a good thing. It has not broken me out or dried/irritated my skin so that is a plus. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. A pump would make it so much better! I would totally recommend this to anyone with oily skin needing something to last all day.

I should also note that the bottle I have says nothing about softflex or spf, although I have seen those at CVS and Rite Aid. Not sure if it makes a difference? I'm also gonna take off a lippie for how cakey it makes me look at the end of the day, and the color seems to look different on me now than the first couple weeks I used it.. But I will continue with it cause it's the only foundation I have tried that lasts all day without sliding around or making me super oily.

Update- I had to take off another lippie cause after a month it's starting to break me out:( Very disappointing, will have to continue using until I find a foundation that lasts as long and controls oil though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like using this product because it provides full coverage and looks natural. There are a couple problems though: it does not have a pump and the liquid is super thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont have the soft flex formula written anywhere. But colorstay foundation for oily skin proved to be one of the best foundation for my freakishly oily skin and in the hot humid asian weather. I have problems with oxidizing but this product dint oxidize much. For my olive golden tone i have used golden beige. After an hour of application it feels no natural. Used it with stippling brush and for about 10 hours it stayed fresh. Dint break out at all!! Touch wood!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by saragarlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! :) I have been looking for a makeup that is thicker and gives more coverage... Today I found it! The coverage is excellent, and it doesn't feel heavy at all. So far I have had it on for 9 hours and it still looks like it did when I put it on. Also a bonus: today (11/13/14) when I bought this at Ulta they had their Revlon foundations buy one get one half off, so I bought the colorstay aqua mineral powder too! Love it as well! Definitely will be buying both again, and I recommend them to everyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I learned about this foundation through some you tube videos, most notably Casey Holmes. I was excited to try it as Casey said its good for oily skin (I don't think her skin is oily compared to mine!)

The packaging was sub optimal. No pump and you have to pour it out. It was messy in the morning and ain't no body got time for that!

I purchased the oily/combo formula and it had "24 HRS" on its lid. This foundation DOES NOT last for 24 hours. It only took around 2-4 hours for this foundation to appear translucent on my skin and my forehead/t-zone appeared super oily.

By the end of the day my face would look oily and most of it would come off, exposing the redness around my nose.

The smell, once dried smelled a lot like baby powder. Another problem with this product is it dried too quickly so if you went over the area again you would get streaks.

This product was not expensive but I need more coverage than it provided. Casey also recommended Covergirl outlast stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation which I find is AMAZING for oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by EricaMorganB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few beauty products that I continuously buy over and over again. It really is a great foundation. It gives medium to full coverage but it feels natural on the skin. I do set it with a matte powder and I would recommend doing so. It lasts the whole day. I've even gotten my mom hooked on it. She's a dental assistant and says it's he only foundation that stays on under her mask all day! It's seriously A-MAZING!