July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is actually a really good concealer, its creamy, covers dark circles well and it lasts the whole day ( pretty much)
the only downside for me was that i bought a shade too dark, the stupid sales lady kept on saying that i was a number 3 and that i wouldn't be able to use 2, so i listened to her and i bought 3, but as i used it, it didn't really ' brighten' my eyes because it's so dark, my friend who has number 2 kindly let me borrow it, it immediately brightened my eyes and it was perfect!
overall great concealer, just make sure you get the right shade!!

also, 1 lippie down because i bought the wrong shade, and also the jar which you have to dip your finger in it is quite unhygienic

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Chrissaah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The lightest shade suited my skin colour perfectly and didn't crease. It felt like velvet going on, really gorgeous. Coverage was excellent and for once I looked amazing.
But it immediately started stinging like crazy and gave me very sore burny under eyes and watery eyes. I'm so disappointed because I really need a good concealer for my dark purple-red-grey circles. It hurt for over two hours after removal.
Can anyone recommend a concealer that won't hurt sensitive skin? I want one just like this one but less painful.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

I had a professional makeup at Laura Mercier and I was shown how to use it, this product should be followed by Secret Brightening Powder, then eye make up will last for the whole day! Amazing!

Updating my review, I found another concealer(La Mer), which is my easier to use, thus I will not repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice full coverage salmon-toned concealer to cover those deep dark circles under the eyes, which I suffer from. Very creamy. I'll be honest- it does crease, which is why I want to try the Bobbi Brown one after this. It still works very well though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by vikavi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it covers my dark circles fine, but it becomes too orange and dry after a while, setting into the fine lines. i can use only if I put it first under my eye area and after I shoud put on tinted moisturizer, than it looks pretty good, but overall cakey. The main problem to me is the orange color, i use number 2.
maybe my skin is too dry, i'll try to change my eye care line to reduce the dryness.
La Prairie concealer is much better by the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for undereye circles, though not so much for blemishes-it can get very cakey!!
The packaging is very comfortable to use.
I'm nw15-20 and #1 is great for me.
Bottom line - if you want an undereye concealer and don't have major dark circles, this concealer for you. If you have major dark circles or you need a blemish concealer, skip this...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupfan80

Best concealer for under the eye. Doesn't get dry and cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines, spreads easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's very thick (a little like a gel texture), but it's opaque and does a wonderful job as a concealer. It blends beautifully, especially with fingers. However, the colors tend toward fairly dark, I believe, so make sure to have the person at the makeup counter assist you. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have some wrinkles under my eyes and wanted a concealer that's creamy enough not to tug on my delicate skin. This product works really well and coverage is great, when used with a concealer brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by dsbirnbaum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best under eye, dark circle concealer that I have used to date. I have hereditary dark circles that have become worse with age. Normally I have to mix a couple different concealers to get the coverage I achieve with this product. Color #3 is a perfect match for me, with medium intensity and warm undertones. I start with a moisturized eye area, followed by eye make-up primer, apply a very tiny amount of this concealer with a concealer brush, using minimal pressure and the flat side of the brush to thoroughly blend. The consistency is creamy and moisture rich, providing just the right amount of slip needed in this difficult to conceal area. I finish blending with the tip of my finger as needed. This concealer is highly pigmented. Using too much, and neglecting to blend and set very thoroughly, will result in creasing. This process is time consuming, but it works. The coverage is buildable, so I apply additional concealer to the spots that need it after the first application starts to set. I use the Laura Mercier secret brightening powder to set in place. The end result is a natural looking, long lasting, brightened, and flawless finish.