September 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by toastboateve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every day to cover my perpetual dark circles, and it works great - I got a slightly warmer tone so I don't end up with a greyish under-eye area. Looked better when I lived in California and I was more tanned, but now I moved back to Asia and got a bit paler - still works great though.
I gave a 4 because on my super oily skin it doesn't last the whole day, and I end up having to retouch when I'm at work or something. That and it is pretty pricey - but I got easily persuaded by the salesperson after she tried it on me and I saw what a miracle worker this product is!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sleekel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have recently purchased this concealer and it is really good. I would say the best concealer I have ever had.
What I like about it is that it covers dark circles and eye bags unbelievable well while looking very natural. It actually melts in the skin and sets really well with powder. You only need a little amount as it blends really well and it is very creamy. It is also very brightening so you don't need to use a highlighter after I'd you don't want to.
The con is the price - at 27 EUR for a tiny tinie pot it is very expensive in my opinion.
However, I would repurchase unless I find a better one or one as goos as this one at a cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is actually a really good concealer, its creamy, covers dark circles well and it lasts the whole day ( pretty much)
the only downside for me was that i bought a shade too dark, the stupid sales lady kept on saying that i was a number 3 and that i wouldn't be able to use 2, so i listened to her and i bought 3, but as i used it, it didn't really ' brighten' my eyes because it's so dark, my friend who has number 2 kindly let me borrow it, it immediately brightened my eyes and it was perfect!
overall great concealer, just make sure you get the right shade!!

also, 1 lippie down because i bought the wrong shade, and also the jar which you have to dip your finger in it is quite unhygienic

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Chrissaah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The lightest shade suited my skin colour perfectly and didn't crease. It felt like velvet going on, really gorgeous. Coverage was excellent and for once I looked amazing.
But it immediately started stinging like crazy and gave me very sore burny under eyes and watery eyes. I'm so disappointed because I really need a good concealer for my dark purple-red-grey circles. It hurt for over two hours after removal.
Can anyone recommend a concealer that won't hurt sensitive skin? I want one just like this one but less painful.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

I had a professional makeup at Laura Mercier and I was shown how to use it, this product should be followed by Secret Brightening Powder, then eye make up will last for the whole day! Amazing!

Updating my review, I found another concealer(La Mer), which is my easier to use, thus I will not repurchase this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice full coverage salmon-toned concealer to cover those deep dark circles under the eyes, which I suffer from. Very creamy. I'll be honest- it does crease, which is why I want to try the Bobbi Brown one after this. It still works very well though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by vikavi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it covers my dark circles fine, but it becomes too orange and dry after a while, setting into the fine lines. i can use only if I put it first under my eye area and after I shoud put on tinted moisturizer, than it looks pretty good, but overall cakey. The main problem to me is the orange color, i use number 2.
maybe my skin is too dry, i'll try to change my eye care line to reduce the dryness.
La Prairie concealer is much better by the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is great for undereye circles, though not so much for blemishes-it can get very cakey!!
The packaging is very comfortable to use.
I'm nw15-20 and #1 is great for me.
Bottom line - if you want an undereye concealer and don't have major dark circles, this concealer for you. If you have major dark circles or you need a blemish concealer, skip this...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by makeupfan80

Best concealer for under the eye. Doesn't get dry and cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines, spreads easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's very thick (a little like a gel texture), but it's opaque and does a wonderful job as a concealer. It blends beautifully, especially with fingers. However, the colors tend toward fairly dark, I believe, so make sure to have the person at the makeup counter assist you. It's a bit pricey, but totally worth it.