December 18, 2014 | 1675 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this lippy! I have NC 35 skin and natural light pinkish lips. This shows up a lovely coral red. It's very buildable so you can chose the intensity. Love the lustre finish and feeling on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

See Sheer is a gorgeous coral in the tube, but on my C2 skintone, it looks like a garish red. The formula is very smooth, but it literally melts off of my lips! The pigments fill in the lines of my lips and ages them. To make it work, I have been mixing this with Revlon's CS Baby Pink, which is too cool and shimmery for me. The mixture gives me a lovely pinky coral that I can stand. It even brings out the green in my eyes! I will not repurchase this lipstick and will be looking for a color similar to the mixture described above :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I got this in a Back to Mac swap and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty coral pink as others have said, but it can look rosy pink in daylight. I was looking for a neutral lip that appears to be neutral, but really isn't and this is it! Looks great with all kinds of blushes too, coral, peaches, pinks and smoky eyes or neutral eyes. All around a good lip color to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by bluelitzer

This is a beautiful summer coral lipstick! Far from sheer, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. It's not drying and complements my warm light golden skin. I love wearing it when I go to the beach. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rachelph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a love/hate relationship with this lipstick. its the only mac lipstick i like on my nc45/nc50 skin. however, not only does the staying power suck, but sometimes i find myself thinking he lipstick is too bright or a bit off. however, i will repurchase because its the only lipstick i like.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by NS10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to lipstick at the moment. Such a gorgeous sheer coral colour, and the lustre formula is my favourite!
A must-have for the Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by marlena1900

I can't live without this lipstick! I don't wear it on my lips, a genius mac ma used this under concealer to cover hyperpigmentation (from using birth control) on my forehead. Without this the hyperpigmentation looked grey/ashy with concealer over it but with this under concealer my skin looks eventoned with the rest of my face. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by doctordoom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

although it is called see "sheer", this is definitely NOT sheer. a more pigmented dupe would be boots classic rose (from the stay perfect l/s). a very gorgeous corally colour. very pigmented and quite moisturizing. love this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

Desert island lipstick. I was on a search for a perfect pink for me, and this is it. The website describes it as grapefruit pink-- it's a pink alright, but it leans a bit in the coral family. In fact I was on the fence between this and Viva Glam Cyndi, which turned out to have more overt red undertones, while See Sheer (in my eyes) was more pink, and had a little peach. But with my yellow undertones, this color works very well. I love that it's versatile enough to wear for a job interview, a night out and just for every day use. It makes my face brighter, put together and healthy, but also looks natural and not like I've slapped on some lipstick.It doesn't make my teeth look yellow like some corals have a tendency to do. I personally like the lustre formula, as it adds to the natural look. Love layering this with Freckletone for a nude lip!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sydcricket

This is my every day color! I keep trying to change it up with something new, but I always wipe it off and go back to See Sheer.

Im a fair skinned ashy toned bleach blonde and my face in always in dire need of WARMTH as sans makeup I look really washed out. This color adds the perfect amount without being too garish or bright. A lovely corally pink creme. I wear a lot of grays blacks and army greens and See Sheer is a lovely compliment. Its quite similar to VG Cyndi with a little less red.

Im dying to find a more bright, reddish poppy version of this. Vegas Volt comes out exactly like I want on my sister (brunette and a little more olive) but its waaay too orange on me! So for now its See Sheer all the way.