MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 10/14/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm a cool, PPP brunette and this shade is lovely! I was looking for a more subdued version of Crosswires, which was my only coral lipstick, and although I do still love it, it can be kind of in-your-face for daytime. I had previously given up on the lustre formula because I had found that lustres barely showed up on my pigmented lips (I'm looking at you, Syrup), but decided to try See Sheer after searching online for a dupe for the elusive LE Ever Hip, which seems like the perfect pinky coral for me and I still really want but absolutely refuse to pay $40 for on ebay. See Sheer is surprisingly pigmented, and more reddish/coral than pinky/coral, but its sheerness and shine offset the red tones, making it a perfectly wearable daytime coral lippie for when I'm wearing an outfit that leans more warm than cool.

on 9/25/2011 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lippy! I have NC 35 skin and natural light pinkish lips. This shows up a lovely coral red. It's very buildable so you can chose the intensity. Love the lustre finish and feeling on my lips.

on 9/16/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

See Sheer is a gorgeous coral in the tube, but on my C2 skintone, it looks like a garish red. The formula is very smooth, but it literally melts off of my lips! The pigments fill in the lines of my lips and ages them. To make it work, I have been mixing this with Revlon's CS Baby Pink, which is too cool and shimmery for me. The mixture gives me a lovely pinky coral that I can stand. It even brings out the green in my eyes! I will not repurchase this lipstick and will be looking for a color similar to the mixture described above :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in a Back to Mac swap and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty coral pink as others have said, but it can look rosy pink in daylight. I was looking for a neutral lip that appears to be neutral, but really isn't and this is it! Looks great with all kinds of blushes too, coral, peaches, pinks and smoky eyes or neutral eyes. All around a good lip color to have.

on 8/18/2011 10:41:00 PM

This is a beautiful summer coral lipstick! Far from sheer, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. It's not drying and complements my warm light golden skin. I love wearing it when I go to the beach. Will repurchase.

on 8/14/2011 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

i have a love/hate relationship with this lipstick. its the only mac lipstick i like on my nc45/nc50 skin. however, not only does the staying power suck, but sometimes i find myself thinking he lipstick is too bright or a bit off. however, i will repurchase because its the only lipstick i like.

on 8/10/2011 3:58:00 PM

This is my go-to lipstick at the moment. Such a gorgeous sheer coral colour, and the lustre formula is my favourite!
A must-have for the Summer.

on 8/4/2011 7:31:00 PM

I can't live without this lipstick! I don't wear it on my lips, a genius mac ma used this under concealer to cover hyperpigmentation (from using birth control) on my forehead. Without this the hyperpigmentation looked grey/ashy with concealer over it but with this under concealer my skin looks eventoned with the rest of my face. Amazing!

on 7/15/2011 2:06:00 AM

although it is called see "sheer", this is definitely NOT sheer. a more pigmented dupe would be boots classic rose (from the stay perfect l/s). a very gorgeous corally colour. very pigmented and quite moisturizing. love this one!

on 6/19/2011 1:47:00 AM

Desert island lipstick. I was on a search for a perfect pink for me, and this is it. The website describes it as grapefruit pink-- it's a pink alright, but it leans a bit in the coral family. In fact I was on the fence between this and Viva Glam Cyndi, which turned out to have more overt red undertones, while See Sheer (in my eyes) was more pink, and had a little peach. But with my yellow undertones, this color works very well. I love that it's versatile enough to wear for a job interview, a night out and just for every day use. It makes my face brighter, put together and healthy, but also looks natural and not like I've slapped on some lipstick.It doesn't make my teeth look yellow like some corals have a tendency to do. I personally like the lustre formula, as it adds to the natural look. Love layering this with Freckletone for a nude lip!

Popular Lipsticks