MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 1/16/2012 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

See Sheer is one of my go-to coral lipsticks that I know look great on me without a doubt. One of the most beautiful colours I own. (NC44 for reference)

I have bought a dozen lipsticks hoping that they would turn out to be a color like this. This coral is just bright enough, it's so unique and just the perfect color for any make up. It's a lustre so it's very moisturizing and I don't understand why people would mention that you must reapply often as if they didn't want to do that they should've bought a long wearing lipstick. I love how soft it feels on the lips and hate that long wear dry feeling so I have no problems with reapplying. Even when it seems like it wears off it leaves a light stain, never drying and I'm so happy that it's not a LE. This is my HG lippie and it won't disappoint if you like corals with a touch of pink.

on 12/7/2011 2:16:00 PM

I love the color of this lipstick. Its beautiful, must for all Asian complexions. I have many MAC lipsticks but recently I have discovered that MAC lipsticks just dont have staying power at all. Its gone in just 90 minutes. I ll repurchase this lipstick just because the color is so beautiful, if I ever get a dupe,I won't. I am an NC 30 for ref.

on 11/11/2011 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

nice my lips but better colour, but sadly no staying power whatsoever.

on 10/30/2011 6:25:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I had 100 dollars to Macys and I was thinking... well i love Mac's lipglasses and i love the eyeshadow and everythign else inbetween, but i have yet to try their lipsticks! I used to only purchases the lipsticks for my mom but i thought well this would be a perfect time to treat myself. The only problem was that i did not have a Macy's near my university and had to order online. There could b ea lot of problems there, as much as you all may know. But i took a chance and ordered the Mac See Sheer and Shy Girl. I must say. See Sheer was a little too coral on the swatch, but once i topped put it on my bare lips, i was astonished as just how pretty it was. I have pigmented lips that i dont think is all the rage (its so hard to find a good nude lip because of it) But anyways, see sheer was AMAZING. I am a NC30 and with the natural lip color i had, this coral red lip stick was sheer, lustre, and very glossy on my lips. It looked more red that i wanted to at first, but after smacking my lips a little and blotting it lightly with my fingers or a tissue, the color was perfect and it lasted me a good 3 hours before i needed to reapply it again for full intensity. I actually ended up returning Shy Girl and getting Plumful (see other review) and another See Sheer. I want to say, after trying see sheer, shy girl, plumful, and the other 6 colors i bought my mom, see Sheer is definitely my favorite and will be my all time go to color. (:

on 10/14/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I'm a cool, PPP brunette and this shade is lovely! I was looking for a more subdued version of Crosswires, which was my only coral lipstick, and although I do still love it, it can be kind of in-your-face for daytime. I had previously given up on the lustre formula because I had found that lustres barely showed up on my pigmented lips (I'm looking at you, Syrup), but decided to try See Sheer after searching online for a dupe for the elusive LE Ever Hip, which seems like the perfect pinky coral for me and I still really want but absolutely refuse to pay $40 for on ebay. See Sheer is surprisingly pigmented, and more reddish/coral than pinky/coral, but its sheerness and shine offset the red tones, making it a perfectly wearable daytime coral lippie for when I'm wearing an outfit that leans more warm than cool.

on 9/25/2011 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this lippy! I have NC 35 skin and natural light pinkish lips. This shows up a lovely coral red. It's very buildable so you can chose the intensity. Love the lustre finish and feeling on my lips.

on 9/16/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

See Sheer is a gorgeous coral in the tube, but on my C2 skintone, it looks like a garish red. The formula is very smooth, but it literally melts off of my lips! The pigments fill in the lines of my lips and ages them. To make it work, I have been mixing this with Revlon's CS Baby Pink, which is too cool and shimmery for me. The mixture gives me a lovely pinky coral that I can stand. It even brings out the green in my eyes! I will not repurchase this lipstick and will be looking for a color similar to the mixture described above :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in a Back to Mac swap and I'm glad I did. It's a pretty coral pink as others have said, but it can look rosy pink in daylight. I was looking for a neutral lip that appears to be neutral, but really isn't and this is it! Looks great with all kinds of blushes too, coral, peaches, pinks and smoky eyes or neutral eyes. All around a good lip color to have.

on 8/18/2011 10:41:00 PM

This is a beautiful summer coral lipstick! Far from sheer, it's actually more pigmented than I thought it would be. It's not drying and complements my warm light golden skin. I love wearing it when I go to the beach. Will repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks