July 22, 2014 | 2527 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought 15+ Burt's Bees lip balms. I've tried at least 6 that I can think of on the top of my head. This one, I have to admit, I was hesitant about buying. All the horrible reviews scared me. I bought this because it was simply a Burt's Bees lip balm I haven't tried. Well, that and I had tried Mountain Organix lip balm in Honey and had loved it, and was secretly hoping it would be similar and something I didn't have to buy online. I guess also because a guru on YouTube who was very natural and savy mentioned she loved it and has gone through many tubes and uses it daily. Did I need a new lip balm? No, I have hundreds. Did I think it would become a new favorite? No, not at all. Did I have high expectations? Burt's Bees always brings it with the moisturizing, but bottom-line; no I didn't have high expectations. I works amazingly, actually. I love the texture and thickness of the original kind, and this is exactly the same texture! Not slimy and greasy like some of the others. I also liked it because when my lips are fairly chapped I imagine the original works the best, but doesn't really make my lips feel great with the tingle. Sore, tingly lips? Let's say it's winter. Sore, tingly, cold lips? I'll pass for the moment. That's where this baby comes in. I would even say it is the best at moisturizing. As good as Carmex, and I have found nothing to beat Carmex (but I've stopped using it as much). The smell is aquired. I feel like my reaction to this and Nivea Kiss of Shine are similar. I was completely put off by the smell for both, but now use it like it's no biggie and have gotten completely used to the smell. It doesn't even phase me now. But it's still not like, yummy and sweet or anything. Yes, it smells like baby powder. I'm going to have to switch deotorants or something, because everytime I apply my Dove Powder kind, I think of this lip balm! It doesn't really have a sweet flavor to it, and if you dig deep and use your imagination it may smell like natural honey straight from the beehive. It focuses on bragging about having honey and vitamin e, but it also has tons of other favorite ingredients that Burt's Bees lip balms having is a must. I love how they are 100% natural, and I feel great not having to wipe my mouth for fear of digesting chemicals before I eat. The smell doesn't get annoying after awhile like the Acai Berry one, but for smell is scores lower than the usual. But remember-it works great! I may repurchase, but if I don't, I wouldn't hold me to my word as much. It's a nice lip balm and does cost only $3 and all, but there are so many in the big blue sea. Who knows? I said I probably wouldn't repuchase in my Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey review, and look at me now-craving that lip balm I need to rebuy! Boy, has anyone else noticed me making references to Nivea a lot this review? Anyways, that's what I have to say about it, I'm sure guys wouldn't mind this either, since the smell is virtually for both sexes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this balm!!! I live in a very dry climate with a lot of sun and wind so my lips are ragged. I cannot wear lipstick because it just becomes a flakey mess. I tried this because I wanted something similar to my old Neutrogena honey balm which is gone away forever. It's absolutely terrific. I does take a little time to melt in, but once it does, my lips are soft and hydrated with not a flake in sight. Definitely worth the slightly higher cost for smooth lips!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on smoothly, moisturizes well without the burn of the original recipe of beeswax. Used it for years, really like it. Keep it on hand, keeps your lips ready for anything1

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by izz3rr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Burt's Bees lip balm. I wanted to love it since I do like honey but the smell of this was just awful. It did moisturize my lips but if you want a Burt's Bees lip balm, you're better off with the other flavors. I've tried them all except the medicated one & I favor pomegranate the most!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff reeks and I didn't feel like it moisturized my lips at all. I am a lip balm addict and normally love Burt's Bees, so I figured I'd give this a try. I was sadly disappointed. My three year old daughter won't even use this stuff and she would eat fruity chapsticks if I'd let her!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

I have used the the original in the past. For some reason I had an allergic reaction to this one. Not sure why. Ended up throwing it away. What a waste:(.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I love this lip balm. I rotated this one so many times. I like smell too.However,it will not stay moist so long. you need to put on your lip every hour but still works pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupisgreat

i love burts and bees, however i usually use the original burts and bees lip balm, but i love how honey benefits the skin so as soon as i saw this product i thought i should try it out. As soon as i opened the packaging i smelt a really bad smell. its really strong. and i feel like the quality of this balm is not as smooth and moisturizing as the original. So i do perfer the original over this honey one. Although, it isnt the worst product out there !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by xelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product because it's not really expensive , i know the smell it's not that good at the begining i could not use this chapstick but one day that was my last onw because i've lost all my other chapstick :( . I love this one for me its not sticky and i can support the smell i like to put it before bed it hydrate my lips all the night ! really like it i don't recommend this chapstick for the scent but i recommend it for the moisturize it give . I will buy this again for sure ! xx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The moisturization properties are wonderful. Too bad the smell isn't. This stuff stinks, and does not go away. Don't waste your money like I did.