September 19, 2014 | 1139 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by iateurwaffle

i adore the original burt's bees lip balm and wanted to try a different flavored one. But the honey lip balm smells like deodorant, it still moisturized but i just can't take the smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had one tube of this and it was pretty awful. Though the honey beeswax feels smooth on the lips, the texture is chunky, waxy, and its scent is unpleasant. It doesn't moisturize that well either. I'll stick with the BB's regular beeswax lip balm instead as it's much more soothing to dry, chapped lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jac8604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The beeswax scent overwhelms the honey but I could have dealt with that if the balm hadn't sat unabsorbed on my lips for hours on end.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

Doesn't feel that moisturizing on lips and doesn't glide on smoothly. Fragrance is overwhelming, too strong, and off putting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Babybelle55

I love this lip balm! It's literally theme go-to one and I always have it on me. At first, I didn't really like the scent or lack of tingly feeling that the original Burt's Bees lip balm has, but I slowly found myself more attracted to the honey one after I ran out of my original! I actually never buy the original one anymore, I find the menthol too drying. The honey is soothing and just softens my lips and keeps them hydrated! I do reapply it several times throughout the day, not because I necessarily have to or because my lips are dry, I'm just a lip balm junkie and I like my lips to feel nourished. I also like the pomegranate one, although its a bit tinted and extremely hydrating. Honey is hands down my favorite though!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by montereymae

I have been happy with the Burt's Bees lip balms I have bought in the past, but this one is uber disappointing! The smell and taste are disgusting... it's like stinky and waxy putrid-ness! The product barely even moisturizes my lips. Would not buy again nor recommend this to anyone! Terrible product from a great company.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovelots

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've bought 15+ Burt's Bees lip balms. I've tried at least 6 that I can think of on the top of my head. This one, I have to admit, I was hesitant about buying. All the horrible reviews scared me. I bought this because it was simply a Burt's Bees lip balm I haven't tried. Well, that and I had tried Mountain Organix lip balm in Honey and had loved it, and was secretly hoping it would be similar and something I didn't have to buy online. I guess also because a guru on YouTube who was very natural and savy mentioned she loved it and has gone through many tubes and uses it daily. Did I need a new lip balm? No, I have hundreds. Did I think it would become a new favorite? No, not at all. Did I have high expectations? Burt's Bees always brings it with the moisturizing, but bottom-line; no I didn't have high expectations. I works amazingly, actually. I love the texture and thickness of the original kind, and this is exactly the same texture! Not slimy and greasy like some of the others. I also liked it because when my lips are fairly chapped I imagine the original works the best, but doesn't really make my lips feel great with the tingle. Sore, tingly lips? Let's say it's winter. Sore, tingly, cold lips? I'll pass for the moment. That's where this baby comes in. I would even say it is the best at moisturizing. As good as Carmex, and I have found nothing to beat Carmex (but I've stopped using it as much). The smell is aquired. I feel like my reaction to this and Nivea Kiss of Shine are similar. I was completely put off by the smell for both, but now use it like it's no biggie and have gotten completely used to the smell. It doesn't even phase me now. But it's still not like, yummy and sweet or anything. Yes, it smells like baby powder. I'm going to have to switch deotorants or something, because everytime I apply my Dove Powder kind, I think of this lip balm! It doesn't really have a sweet flavor to it, and if you dig deep and use your imagination it may smell like natural honey straight from the beehive. It focuses on bragging about having honey and vitamin e, but it also has tons of other favorite ingredients that Burt's Bees lip balms having is a must. I love how they are 100% natural, and I feel great not having to wipe my mouth for fear of digesting chemicals before I eat. The smell doesn't get annoying after awhile like the Acai Berry one, but for smell is scores lower than the usual. But remember-it works great! I may repurchase, but if I don't, I wouldn't hold me to my word as much. It's a nice lip balm and does cost only $3 and all, but there are so many in the big blue sea. Who knows? I said I probably wouldn't repuchase in my Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey review, and look at me now-craving that lip balm I need to rebuy! Boy, has anyone else noticed me making references to Nivea a lot this review? Anyways, that's what I have to say about it, I'm sure guys wouldn't mind this either, since the smell is virtually for both sexes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by reesagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this balm!!! I live in a very dry climate with a lot of sun and wind so my lips are ragged. I cannot wear lipstick because it just becomes a flakey mess. I tried this because I wanted something similar to my old Neutrogena honey balm which is gone away forever. It's absolutely terrific. I does take a little time to melt in, but once it does, my lips are soft and hydrated with not a flake in sight. Definitely worth the slightly higher cost for smooth lips!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by lisakoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on smoothly, moisturizes well without the burn of the original recipe of beeswax. Used it for years, really like it. Keep it on hand, keeps your lips ready for anything1

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by izz3rr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Burt's Bees lip balm. I wanted to love it since I do like honey but the smell of this was just awful. It did moisturize my lips but if you want a Burt's Bees lip balm, you're better off with the other flavors. I've tried them all except the medicated one & I favor pomegranate the most!