September 2, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by chickoy

Bought this hand cream because of the reviews here. I was surprised that the smell was really awful to the point that I wouldn't want to use the product anymore. Waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good hand moisturizer. A little goes a long way - I had the small size and carried it around with me everywhere for a long time. I bought it in an airport on layover after a transatlantic flight when my hands needed serious moisture. I was only planning to "sample" it to fix my immediate problem but circled back and bought it because it worked so well! Despite the fact that I hated the scent. I did get used to the scent, but, yes, it's strong. I think they should make the cap a little taller as it can be difficult to screw on. Also, I am not planning to buy this again. I have since become interested in very safe products - this contains fragrance, retinol palmitate, coloring, phenoxyethanol....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hepcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the smell and thickness of this product. Goes way beyond the call of duty - most hand moisturizers leave my cuticles still a bit dry but when I put this on it moisturizes them too. This is important for me as a nail polish blogger. I think I have found my HG hand cream :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great hand cream. Was a staple for me for many years (I don't use it anymore because now that I'm in LA, I don't really need it). It is greasy and smells pretty bad, but it works really well, especially during cold, dry Winters.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A really good hand cream, especially for dry seasons, this is a must have. It's heavy duty but not over the top, it does leave my hands a little greasy but when my hands are really dry that's the feeling I want, that way I know my hands are being treated. I like to use it at night or in the morning, and carry a lighter lotion during the day. The scent is very herbal which I like. The packaging sucks though, its made of some flexible metal material, unique but hard to handle sometimes, and the screw cap is so tiny it's really a hustle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by catseyes7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to this by my boyfriend 9 years back. He's a potter and always ends up with dry. cracked hands. He uses this (when he remembers) and it makes a big difference to his hands. I have now become such a fan that I have one on my bedside table, in the living room, car and 2 back-ups! I gift these to family and friends as everyone loves it whenever they use mine. Great product at a good price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by musicbox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far the best hand cream I've ever used. It moisturizes so well and absorbs all the way into your skin so you don't get that weird greasy film on your hands that make you not be able to grasp things.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by joc267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ive repurchased this cream many times because it's a thick, rich and luxuriously moisturizing hand cream. My hands are very dry because I wash them a lot and use alcohol rub so this is my go to cream. I like the smell, texture and packaging. Only disadvantage is like all Body Shop products, it's not cheap. It's around $20AUD to $25AUD in Australia which is quite expensive for hand cream. But it does lasts

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 6:27:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Years ago I used this hand lotion and liked it, although it's a bit expensive. Temporarily I'm living in a very cold, dry climate and my hands have been cracked and horrible looking. Even though it was really expensive in the country where I'm living, I bought it and am happy that I did. I don't mind the smell at all and really like the streamlined, "non-girly" look of the tube. I got the small tube which fits perfectly in my handbag. So far it's been very moisturizing, although I think I'll give it another week to see how effective is.

This has been another chapter in my months-long quest to find the perfect hand lotion!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put this on two nights ago before I went to sleep. My hands are STILL soft and smooth. I haven't changed anything in my routine and use the same hand soap. The difference is how soft my hands still feel after each wash. The protective barrier finally wore off after I did a sink full of dishes without gloves. At this rate, this tube will last me forever.