July 29, 2014 | 1666 users online

Styling Products - Oscar Blandi - Jasmine Oil Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kookykabooky

I have used John Frieda's hair smoothing serum, Biosilk serum, and now this. This one by far is the best one, IMO. The scent is absolutely lovely, and let's face it, we want our hair to smell as good as it looks. I have used this after drying my hair straight, and it imparts shine and smoothness. I also have used this on wet/damp hair when I am going curly. I scrunch two pumps into my hair and really adds shine. I have long fine curly hair, and this is one serum that does not weigh my hair down, which Freida and Biosilk both do to my hair. This product smells and feels luxurious, and I will repurchase. I got this on hsn.com as part of a two piece set (Luscious Locks), and it was cheaper than buying it alone at Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2008 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Sylvia225

This works extremely well for my thick and coarse brown hair (shoulder length)..especially in the summer, when it is prone to frizziness. I just need 1-2 pumps of this serum, and I apply it from the ends of the hair up to the roots. It adds a nice shiny finish to my hair. I have heard that John Frieda makes a similar serum to this, so that is why I took one lippie off..it just may be dupeable, but I do love the jasmine scent to this! I also like the glass bottle it comes in..makes it look fancier than the typical plastic bottle, and the script writing on it just adds to the appeal. Oscar Blandi is a fantastic hair care line, and I was very pleased with this serum!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Kozzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What makes this product special IMHO is the jasmine scent, otherwise it is just another hair serum to me. Save some $$$ and get a bottle of jojoba oil(what I use) or anti-frizz serum and add a bottle of jasmine essential oil to it for the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Lynard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fine, thin colored hair, and this product is WONDERFUL!! I put a tiny amount on when my hair is wet, before blowdrying. Then when I am finished a put another small amount on my ends. It makes your hair very shiny, does not weigh hair down, and helps with the static I tend to get in the winter. LOVE IT! Bonus, as most reviewers say it smells wonderful. Pricy, but I feel it will last a long time......

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by rbella

For me this product has its positives and negatives. It definitely helps my hair with the frizz factor. It definitely smells good. It is definitely like 90% of any of the other serums out there. In my opinion, it works just as well as Kerastase. Also, in my opinion, John Frieda works just as well as Oscar Blandi.

As with all hair serums, the amount you put in your hair defines the outcome. Too much means you're an oil slick for the rest of the day and too little means you will have poufy, half-frizzed hair (at least on me).

For me, all it really comes down to is price and whether I want to pay more for the smell (jasmine) and the name. But, the product does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sarahwulff

I can't talk highly enough about this product!! I have fine hair, so serums can be a scary thing because just a teeny bit too much and it'll make my hair greasy and gross. But with this one, I've never had that problem! I put it in my hair while it's still wet, and if I blow-dry or style it, I may even put some more in to tame any hair dryer frizzies. The smell is fabulous, and it is a bit expensive, but it seriously last for a really long time. I use it everyday, at least 2 pumps, and it'll last me close to a year. One of the best treatments out there!!! It's great whether your hair is healthy or fried!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As there are tons of drugstore hair serums with the same ingredients that will do the exact same job as this, the only reason for purchasing this is if you are a jasmine lover. This is very nicely scented. Of course, you could also buy some jasmine absolute and sprinkle a few drops on your hairbrush to acheive the same scent for much less.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by starsandsky

It smells good but it's not anything special as for serum goes. I loved the smell so much that I bought a Jasmine oil from Whole Foods (by Auric Blends) and it smells EXACTLY the same!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jules007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this serum, on my third bottle. I use a straightening balm first and add a few drops of this afterwards and sometimes again after blow-drying cuz it really calms frizzies. The smell is VERY nice, which is honestly one of the main reasons I continue to repurchase. There are cheaper serums that probably do the same job, but they don't make your hair smell nearly as nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

makes my hair feel soo soft,its ridiculous...my bf loves running his hands through my hair when i used this....i only used a very tiny amount on my super long hair...has a faint scent of jasmine...perfect thing to use when im on the go...just dab this on and i place my hair on a ponytail and im pretty much satisfied lol...my only beef is that its soo pricey for such a tiny container.