November 22, 2014 | 1944 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2010 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this tint in in a gift pack over Christmas. I have known about this tint for a very long time but never had the desire to purchase it myself.

I've only ever tried it as a lip tint. I don't have the confidence to be able to properly blend it in on my cheeks as a blush. I do love it on my lips though! It gives my lips a nice rosy hue. I want to try and wear more brighter lip products other than balms. and this product gives my lips a pop of colour without being too harsh. I also like layering other lip products over the top of it.

I would probably purchase this once I run out. I'm not sure how long my small version would last me as I've only had it since Christmas. But it's a nice product to give my lips a nice natural rosy hue.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the mini version (the one with the clear lipgloss on one end and the tint on the other). It took a bit of practice but eventually I managed to achieve that beautiful rosy flush that I so wanted. Sadly, it required a lot of effort and preparation, eg. an excellent skincare ritual, smooth skin and expert application. It was just far too much effort for me and I'm a lazy person in the morning so I never got much use out of this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by azalea2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and fell in love! I'm not much of a blush fiend so I mainly use it as a lip stain, so I can only really comment on that aspect of it.
I have full lips, and I found that this product was very easy to apply and layer. It lets me vary the amount of color effortlessly, so I can use it for any occasion, whether its grocery shopping, work, or a night out. Its also pretty long lasting, although a touch up may be necessary after a couple of drinks, it isn't really a trouble at all.
The mini size from the kit lasted me about 7 months, so I recently purchased the full size, (which was a little pricey at $30) in hope that it would last me triple the amount of time. The cap is pretty large on the full sized one, which makes it a little awkward to hold when applying compared to the mini. But its nothing I can't manage.

All in all I really like Benetint. The results are as cute as the name :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by breezyfosheezy123zy

This is a really tricky product to apply, you have to be very quick when applying and more often than not it comes out looking uneven or blotchy. It doesn't even work on my lips as a stain, it just settles into the fine lines on my mouth. The only good thing about it is that it smells like roses. Otherwise its just an overpriced blah product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MACLover0419

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the other day and I noticed that when I used it for a cheek stain unless you blend it out very quickly you can still see the lines where you applied it. It also leaks from its bottle unless you shut it very tight. I like it but I don't know if it's worth the $30 I payed for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Did some research on how safe its ingredients were and if you Google 'ten reasons why not buy benetint' there is a claim that its ingredients are comedogenic (clogged pores, acne) and one of its ingredients breaks down into a carcinogen (cancer causing) which is a turn off, especially when it is used as a lip stain (every time I use it, I can taste the product as it slightly bleeds into my mouth). One of the comments on makeupalley is right in that it is essentially a more expensive version of a food colouring (which is 10 times cheaper and safer to use).

It is also applies badly in that when used as a cheek stain, it majorly highlights dry spots/ lumps on the cheek which makes it look like rosacea on the face

It is also retails for $55AUD which is the most overpriced product I've ever come across

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product for a low-key natural flush to my cheeks. However, on my lips, it's a different story. I do have dry lips, but when I exfoliate them, any color stays on and goes on smoothly. Benetint didn't exactly stay on except for in my lip lines and wrinkles. It's still a gorgeous color thou, but I wish it'd stay on longer on my lips than making my lines and wrinkles pop out. I'd still purchase this, so I can experiment more with my lips. Am I doing something wrong?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by jessfxster

I got this sample size in the Benefit 'Primping With The Stars' kit , and I've only tried it a few times, but I love it! As a cheek stain you have to apply it really fast because it dries quickly and you'll look blotchy, but the colour is nice. It makes a great lip stain too, but the lip colour doesn't last very long. The only complaint that I have about applying it to cheeks is that once it's dried, you can't blend it, so if it has gone blotchy you can't fade it out. Otherwise, it's great. I may buy the full size if it's on offer, but I'm not paying £20ish pounds for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by AllisonFZB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Never got the hang of using this as a cheek stain - you have to apply fast or it looks blotchy. LOVE this as a lip tint, it is the 'base coat' for my lips daily and I apply gloss or lipstick atop it. Not wild about the packaging, since the brush is not very sanitary for re-use on the lips. Usually the product gets a little cloudy when my bottle is about 3/4 done and that's when I know to buy a new one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lidya22

It is a nice product. When I used it, it looks natural, the smell is okay too. This product is really useful for some people who don't like to bring so much makeup stuffs in their bag, because u can use it to color ur lips too.
What I don't like about this product : my fingers become red after i applied this product to my face.