December 18, 2014 | 1774 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I respectfully disagree - and base coat is such a personal thing, but I get much better results from CND stickey - provided that adequate drying agents are used prior to application.

Orly bonder has a thick "rubbery" feel that I did not enjoy applying - but I can see how someone with thin or peelies could like this.

Meanwhile, It's worth a one-time shot to see how you like it - but I am sticking to CND stickey or Amera Hydrating Base Coat (when I can find it).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by okienat33

I didn't like the "rubberized" feel of this product & for the $$ I've found much better

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by thistlegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I remember using Bonder several years ago, knew I wasn't a fan but couldn't remember why- and since my girlfriends and family RAVE about the stuff, I figured I give it another try.
I still don't like it.
I have shrinkage almost immediately and serious tip wear in less than 24 hours. I wrap my tips and STILL have shrinkage and tip wear incongruent with a manicure that's less than a day old. I've had more success with just good ol' Sally Hansen and a bottle of el cheapo nail polish than I've had with Bonder under anything.
Maybe it something in my body chemistry that doesn't like it, I don't know. t's a shame, I've got a full bottle just sitting here waiting to be used. But it won't be used by me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gets the job done! I will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Better than CND stickey. My manicures last so much longer with little or no chipping. With Stickey I'd get chipping the same day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by yatnil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite base coat! My nails are thin and break easily. The older works perfectly to protect my nails and help make my manis last longer. It's easy to find at your local drugstore and only cost me around $8.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by iceicemaybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Iv tried every base coat going yet still my nail polish chipped after a day!!! With orly bonder it is completely different. It dried quick so your polish can be applied within about as minute it protects the nails and the polish lasts days!! No chipping to my nails the tips wore down but nothing mega! Price is good and when you remove even the darkest of nail colours there is hardly any colour residue on the nails! Would defo recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

Excellent base coat! Easy to appy, fast drying and delivers great results! I am in love with Orly nail base, top coat (in a snap)and cuticle (cutique) products..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my go to base coat! I just love it. It applies really nice, it seems to help with not overflooding your cuticles, and combined with Out the Door top coat from Sally's I get quite a bit of wear from polishes--even cheap ones like Sinful Colors. Considering I do my nails a lot, it's surprising to know the big bottle of this lasts me months. I bought a second bottle as back up and I'm ALMOST on it, but not quite, after 3-4 months. I'm probably going to stick to this long term. Still experiment with others, but this is what I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

Pretty good base coat. My polish lasts longer than with my Revlon top/base coat (which really sucks at both, so maybe this comparison won't hold too much water) and I haven't noticed any yellowing. The polish comes off decently easily with remover too, which isn't always the case. Dries fast and it's thin and easy to apply. The brush is good, but nothing amazing.

Overall, not bad, but for the price, I was expecting something amazing. I'd go for SH or another drugstore brand after I finish the bottle, though.